Let iranian women enter their stadiums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
    Iranians took way TOO many things for granted, now we are stuck with these murderous thieving thugs

This is a good photo but these are clearly elites.

There are much better photos at league games, with women literally wearing chador who are watching the games happily.
    To me that is a much better photo to show we had a more inclusive society then.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
      This is a good photo but these are clearly elites.

There are much better photos at league games, with women literally wearing chador who are watching the games happily.
      To me that is a much better photo to show we had a more inclusive society then.
      Both are important. Every society will have elites. Every society will have commoners.

I wish I was old enough to live in an Iran of that time. Must have felt amazing to be the leading country in Asia.
      "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Both are important. Every society will have elites. Every society will have commoners.
        I wish I was old enough to live in an Iran of that time. Must have felt amazing to be the leading country in Asia.
        I bring it up, because the donkeys in charge in Iran need to see it wasn't just "taghooti" women going to the stadium, but ordinary women too.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
          I bring it up, because the donkeys in charge in Iran need to see it wasn't just "taghooti" women going to the stadium, but ordinary women too.
          You are right. Often I hear from my father's friends how inclusive society was and how no one disrespected someone's religious or lack of religious beliefs. People just respected each other. Now, it's different.
          "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Comment

کریستیلین، عضو کمیته اجرایی فیفا: در مورد حذف ایران از جام جهانی هیچ گونه صحبتی نداشته ایم

ما در قطر جلسه اجرایی فیفا را برگزار کردیم و امروز مجمعی تشکیل دادیم که همه اعضا از جمله ایران در آن حضور داشتند، ما هرگز در خصوص حذف آنها از جام جهانی صحبت نکردیم، به فرض اگر چنین اتفاقی نیز رخ بدهد یک تیم آسیایی دیگر جانشین آنها خواهد شد، بیایید ایده حضور ایتالیا در جام جهانی را از سرمان خارج کنیم چون غیرممکن است

Christine, FIFA Executive Committee Member: We have not talked about Iran's elimination from the World Cup

We held a FIFA executive meeting in Qatar and today we convened an assembly attended by all members, including Iran. We never talked about eliminating them from the World Cup, assuming that if that happens, another Asian team will replace them. They will, let's get rid of the idea of Italy's participation in the World Cup because it is impossible

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
                Kavian jaan, Islam is the worst and two clear examples are the Nesaa (women in Arabic) sooreh (chapter) in Koran calling for a husband to beat his wife if she is not obedient and the other is allowing child marriages (starting at age 9) plus polygamy that shamefully is legal in IR. Unfortunately, Judaism and Christianity are not far behind. The other significant problem is patriarchy worldwide that calls for male sex domination that is to a great extent present in this forum. We see people making fun of women in the forum in many ways (such and such looks like an old woman, such and such plays like girls) and objectify them by seeing them as sex objects and freely use the offensive word c**t with no consequences. I wish I live long enough to see an end to oppression of our women and end of patriarchy worldwide.

... Now back to football.

Go TM!
                Well said, my friend.

I am proud to have people like you here with that kind of attitude. I hope you live a long life and see an end to this unjust and unfair treatment of women world wide specially in our beloved country that is currently suffering the most.

Cheers!

Comment

The ding dongs running the show in Iran don't want to understand and comprehend that the major news organizations are ran by powerful and rich entitles aligned with Israel and Saudi Arabia. Iran is watched under a magnifying glass and any bad news will be extremely visible.

I doubt FIFA is going to remove Iran from WC, but I promise you that the narrative of the female TM fans not being allowed inside the stadiums will follow the TM all throughout the WC, with all the western media announcing it and pointing it out throughout the WC.

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
                    Doosteh azeez, The governments of U.S., Israel, Saudi Arabia, China and Russia do not and will not support the interests of Iran and Iranian people. They only support their own and the interest of their political establishments that are not even aligned with the interests of their own people. Them being the way they are and the extreme opposition of IR like MKO (who would have been the same or worse than IR if they were in power) being the way they are do not justify a backward regime that it's policies and LAWs are against the interest of women, half of the Iranian population and all of Iranian people for that matter. I hope there will not be any disturbing incidents in Qatar and we all stick to football and anyone here who wants tickets to support TM gets it in the second random draw phase after the draw tomorrow.

Go TM!
                    I never said I support IRs backward policies, ban on women in stadiums and enforced hijab. It’s a problem when religion is not separated from the state, I don’t even think a lot people in IR support these policies other than the dinosaur mazhabis who have the power to make these decisions. However, when foreign actors try to use our women for their personal interests then I oppose that. Isolating our people from the world community is never going to help our women, which some people think is okay to target ordinary Iranians to cause potential problems for IR. Anyway, hopefully the last time we hold TM match in religious cities and IFF can work with fifa to get the stadiums ready for women. Two options for now either 50/50 women and men or one match all women and one match all men.

Comment

You are right. Often I hear from my father's friends how inclusive society was and how no one disrespected someone's religious or lack of religious beliefs. People just respected each other. Now, it's different.
                      taremiscores jaan, it wasn't as rosy as pictured. It was much better than now because we at least had social freedoms and people were better off economically. The fact is that Shah was a dictator and his failure was that he did not pay attention to at least gradual political modernization. Even though Shah and his father did a lot of good things to modernize our society socially and economically so that even with 43 years of IR we are still far better than Afghanistan and Pakistan. They both should be credited for that yet both should be held responsible for political repression. Mohamad Reza Shah (the one overthrown in 1979) should also be held responsible for reversing his father's policies in pushing the traditional Islamic clergy out and cutting almost all the government help to them. Mohamad Reza Shah actually increased their budget substantially and that contributed to his downfall. Abbas Milani has a good book on him ("The Shah") that documents all the relevant facts. If you have the history appetite, I suggest you read it.

Go TM!

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

As long as This terrorist regime has occupied our country, no one is free, our mothers and sisters are under barbaric outslaughts by these terrorists. Our futball is only one small aspect of our life that has suffered in the last 43 years.
                          Our only course of action right now is to resist these non-Iranian terrorists and support our women by all our means.
                          Our realistic hope is His Majesty Reza Pahlavi. Millions in Iran and especially young generation ask for the return of Pahlavi dynasty and he is the legitimate heir.

Javid Shah - Payaneh Iran

Comment

Saudi international making up imaginary ''Iranians''

Iranians Urge FIFA To Ban Their Own Team From World Cup
                            https://www.iranintl.com/en/202203310129

Comment

Team Melli*

Melli = not to be interpreted broadly, and does not include women (much like the US constitution at its inception that did not include women, Black slaves, or Native Americans in "We the people")

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
                                I doubt FIFA is going to remove Iran from WC, but I promise you that the narrative of the female TM fans not being allowed inside the stadiums will follow the TM all throughout the WC, with all the western media announcing it and pointing it out throughout the WC.
                                When they attack women like the Taliban, what do you expect? Ponting it out is fine by me! Unfortunately, this is the weight we all have to carry until the regimen falls.
                                زن زندگی آزادی

Comment

Working...
                                X