I had a dream...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a dream...

I know this may sound cliche, but last night I had a dream… It was the world cup final and Iran was playing some red kit team.

I don't remember if we won, but before I woke up, everything felt so euphoric and magical.. Then I woke up and reality kicked in.

I've always wondered, how far can Team Melli go under the leadership of a coach like Carlos Queiroz as well as one of the best squads we've ever witnessed?

Some people say we'll be eliminated in the group stages; others say we'll make it to the 2nd round… Those who are optimistic say we may even reach the quarterfinals.

Yet no talk of Iran one day hoisting the World Cup trophy as champions. Is it a long shot? Of course.

Was Leicester a long shot to win the Premier League?

Was Greece a long shot to win the 2004 Euros?

Was the 1980 US Hockey team a long shot to beat the USSR?

Yet while all of these teams were considered dead men walking, they did the unpredictable and won.

I'll never forget Messi's game winner in the 2014 WC group stages. It crushed me, just like it crushed Queiroz and Team Melli… They were crushed, but they weren't dead just yet.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger… And stronger we are today

I may be delusional, but I'd damn rather be an optimistic delusional than a pessimistic realist…

Iran CAN win the 2018 World Cup.

^^ come on, winning the World Cup??
    Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
    O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Originally posted by pajamNL View Post
      ^^ come on, winning the World Cup??
      Yes. Winning the World Cup. We can do it. It's our teams mentality that holds us back. Play with confidence and see the results.

As a man named Persiangodfather once said, "We are the underdogs."

Underdogs can win too. Believe!

Comment

OK, realistically, no. But if the stars align and everything goes in our favor there is a very very very very very very very very very slim microscopic chance that we can make it to the final

Comment

Originally posted by Kian B. View Post
          OK, realistically, no. But if the stars align and everything goes in our favor there is a very very very very very very very very very slim microscopic chance that we can make it to the final
          There was a very very very very very very very very very slim microscopic chance that Leicester would win the Prem.

They did it. Why not us!

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
            There was a very very very very very very very very very slim microscopic chance that Leicester would win the Prem.

They did it. Why not us!
            That's different. That's the Premier League, this is the World Cup. If Team Melli played in the Premier League I think we'd be more likely to win that then win the world cup

Comment

good thread!
              Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
              O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

I believe in you.

As long as djpedram makes a poll about this, persiangodfather continues to claim we are the underdogs, kiarash makes a match thread for the final, and ehsan singapore states the obvious then I believe we have all the stars aligned to win the final.

Comment

Might I also add that Leicester only had to beat the teams they were against. But with Iran, we have to beat the refs too, cause almost every fucking game we play, the refs will be against us. Same with a lot of fans who hate us just for our international reputation. I bet you if Iran goes far in this world cup, there will still be haters talking shit, whereas Leicester was hella praised, and that in itself is a big mental factor

Comment

Originally posted by Bessos View Post
                    I believe in you.

As long as djpedram makes a poll about this, persiangodfather continues to claim we are the underdogs, kiarash makes a match thread for the final, and ehsan singapore states the obvious, then I believe we have all the stars aligned to win the final.

Comment

Originally posted by Bessos View Post
                      I believe in you.

As long as djpedram makes a poll about this, persiangodfather continues to claim we are the underdogs, kiarash makes a match thread for the final, and ehsan singapore states the obvious, then I believe we have all the stars aligned to win the final.
                      There's also a few members who need to not watch the games. Another tactic I noticed that works is talking shit about Taremi. Every time I talked trash talked Taremi he scored within 15 minutes

Comment

Iran is in Asia. The Asian champion just lost 4-0 at home to Brazil. End of discussion.
                        I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                          Iran is in Asia. The Asian champion just lost 4-0 at home to Brazil. End of discussion.
                          Haji.. Calling Australia the Asian champion is like calling Portugal the European champion. Yes, they both won their respective tournaments, but Germany is better than Portugal, likewise Iran is better than Australia.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                            Haji.. Calling Australia the Asian champion is like calling Portugal the European champion. Yes, they both won their respective tournaments, but Germany is better than Portugal, likewise Iran is better than Australia.
                            Calling Australia the Asian Champions is like calling the team that won the Asian Championship the Asian Champion.
                            I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                              Calling Australia the Asian Champions is like calling the team that won the Asian Championship the Asian Champion.
                              does that equate to best team though ?

Comment

Working...
                              X