No announcement yet.

POST-MATCH Discussion | Iran - Uzbekistan | 6/12/2017 - WCQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Literally 1 second into the interview and Ferdisipour is acting like a fool.

Congrats to all my boys, job well done, and done EARLY and in style.

Again, the D was so rock solid that there were not really any moments in this game when I was nervous. We seemed in control for the entire time.

The boys should spend the next day or two to enjoy this, then it is back to business! We need friendlies to be set up ASAP, preferably with teams from every continent. If we just go into the world cup with low prep, then we shouldn't be surprised if we leave early too. We need to play the likes of Ghana, Costa Rica, Venezuela, Serbia, etc... and really stay in form.

Most important thing is DON'T BE AFRAID TO LOSE in these friendlies. If our players are learning something from the matches, then all is well. That also goes to us fans. If we play Serbia and lose, don't come up and say "If we can't beat team X then we have no chance in the WC". Let's be smarter than that this time around.

We can also use the final 2 games for a bit of experimentation as well. Of course it would not be sportsmanlike to field complete B teams in these matches (which I don't think CQ will do), because teams are still fighting for 2nd and 3rd. We can however experiment in a few positions and try some new players out.

Huge respect to all staff and players who acted like true pros throughout this campaign.

Comment

Originally posted by Ando Teymourian View Post
      Literally 1 second into the interview and Ferdisipour is acting like a fool.

Congrats to all my boys, job well done, and done EARLY and in style.

Again, the D was so rock solid that there were not really any moments in this game when I was nervous. We seemed in control for the entire time.

The boys should spend the next day or two to enjoy this, then it is back to business! We need friendlies to be set up ASAP, preferably with teams from every continent. If we just go into the world cup with low prep, then we shouldn't be surprised if we leave early too. We need to play the likes of Ghana, Costa Rica, Venezuela, Serbia, etc... and really stay in form.

Most important thing is DON'T BE AFRAID TO LOSE in these friendlies. If our players are learning something from the matches, then all is well. That also goes to us fans. If we play Serbia and lose, don't come up and say "If we can't beat team X then we have no chance in the WC". Let's be smarter than that this time around.

We can also use the final 2 games for a bit of experimentation as well. Of course it would not be sportsmanlike to field complete B teams in these matches (which I don't think CQ will do), because teams are still fighting for 2nd and 3rd. We can however experiment in a few positions and try some new players out.

Huge respect to all staff and players who acted like true pros throughout this campaign.
      hes a complete joke bro, most disrespectful pos ive ever seen and with a huge ego too

Comment

If you see the video of the game you may notice uzbek goalkeeper at the first second of minute of silence looks up towards sky. He showed that he was genuine and truly wishing for the victims peace. Someone catch the clip and post it on YouTube and say thanks to a gentleman.

Comment

Everything has been said already. The best thing about this match was that we scored more than one goal.
          The only thing which worries me is that since Nekounam's retirement we don't have a good penalty taker anymore. Maybe Azmoun or Saeed should try it once?

Comment

That moment where Azmoun and Taremi are scoring goals and on the bench you still have a striker who is a top scorer in of the top European leagues....

What a team, what a spirit - beautiful atmosphere! We never had a TM like this and we all can be happy to be alive now and witness Queiroz's masterpiece - these days are historic! We qualified with a strong squad and still have so many other players capable of helping TM - the amount of talents is HUGE, so much potential. I can only laugh at those who used to claim we have no talents

- Taremi scored again, 3 crucial WCQ matches in a row - where are the haters now? This was his best international goal.
            - #22 made 4 fouls in a row and didn’t get a yellow, overall some horrible decisions by the referee - hence made CQ pretty furious.
            - Milad Mohammadi is one hell of a soldier. At one point he was fighting for the ball against 2 Uzbekistan players and won the battle.
            - CQ on the sideline is a joy to watch. No tarof with any player and pushed them to the limit, even when the TM is leading. His celebration after the 2nd goal was just funny and fantastic to see at the same time. You can feel all the hard work he invested in this team and it all paid off - what a genius!
            - The after match celebration included one of the most beautiful scenes ever in the history of Iranian football.
            Formerly known as Persianking!
            Follow me @
            instagram/iranscout
            instagram/nariman_iranscout

Comment

Where was Teymourian?

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                what a boring ass game but who cares WE MADE THE DAMN WORLD CUP!
                ZERO goals conceded
                does anyone have celebration videos?
                espn 3 cut it off really quickly
                I recorded about 25 minutes of stadium celebration from the AFC Hub Youtube channel including the Ey Iran song being played in the stadium, but my internet upload speed is so slow, I am going upload the video overnight.

Comment

Originally posted by lakerfan23 View Post
                  Where was Teymourian?
                  Teymourian hasn't been invited in sometime now. I doubt we will see him wear a TM jersey again.

Comment

It is not by chance nor by luck that this team qualified for the WC with 2 games on hand. Offense brings entertainment, but defense wins games. This is this team's mentality.

It's like they take great pride to play defense as a team. This is what separates a national team coached by CQ, versus the others.

I hope they keep the scoreless streak going and not lose focus in the next few games. The one area the team needs to work on is penalty taking.
                    “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Farbakhsh View Post
                      I recorded about 25 minutes of stadium celebration from the AFC Hub Youtube channel including the Ey Iran song being played in the stadium, but my internet upload speed is so slow, I am going upload the video overnight.
                      oh man that would be lovely....please do post it. damet garm

Comment

Hard to say what kind of a game it was, but whatever it was, it was tough and stressful but Iran managed to come out victorious to qualify for world cup.

... And at the end of the day, that is what matters!

The rest of Asia or the world for that matter can go f...k themselves in order to get to world cup 2018. WE ARE IN !!!! ha ha ha

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                          Shojaei, like Nikbakht and Khatibi, is one of these players that makes you think "what kind of parti got him into TM and Europe above other players?" No one is doubting his talent, but he has so many disappointing games in particular for the national team. Watching him walking around in Brazil when everyone else was playing their hearts out was embarrassing.
                          He has one good game in 20, and particularly for this current TM his anticipation and game-reading just does not fit.
                          even after a spectacular team meli campaign trolls like this still come
                          Please watch and Subscribe:

Comment

I think there are clearly some in this forum who havent been following TM, and just decided to hop on before this game. Their analysis is useless, and biased since based off one game.

Comment

any one have cq post match confrence clip?

Comment

Congratulations guys!!

Comment

Working...
                                X