• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iran on the front page of Fifa!

http://www.fifa.com/

This article: http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/y=...r-2894637.html

Comment

Savor this moment my friends - we have made history in many different ways today, not just Iranian history....we're talking about WORLD history. Almost positive we are the first team to ever qualify for a WC without conceding a goal.

When CQ decided to stay in Iran after Brazil it was mainly due to 2 key factors - the potential of TM and the love he has for the country and their obsession with football. Rezaeian said it himself in the post game conference how Iranian CQ is at heart. Some will disagree but I think the biggest reason his work has paid off as much as it has is because this man has completely put every ounce of his heart and energy to maximize the potential of this group. No way would he have stayed and put up with the BS that comes with Iranian football/federation if it was not for these two key components.

Our TM has made massive improvements since April 2011 and continues to do so to this very moment, that's the best thing about it. Just take a second to think how perfectly he transitioned TM from the 2014 WC to AC 2015 to 2018WCQs. All of his moves were made on point and we are seeing the success of the newer players as a result.

Congrats to everyone this was a very historic day for Iranian football and hopefully we will continue to make history in Russia 2018.
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Positives about todays game:

We seemed to be a bit better with our attack, even if we started off really choppy.

What can I say, Taremi and Azmoun have proven that they are a LETHAL combo, they combine very well, and each offer a different kind of danger towards other teams.

Jahanbaksh was working really hard today and gave an absolutely amazing assist. He has some room to improve still.

Ali Karimi proved that he is a very good and young option, he sits more back while ezatollahi is a bit more forward.

Ali Karimi, Jahanbaksh, and Rezaeian had great chemistry with eachother.

Karimi is really a good passer and made some intense situations seem calm. He kind of reminds me of pirlo's style. Smart passes with minimal effort needed.

Ezatollahi was good, needs to work a bit more on not taking dumb shots, but overall considering his age hes fantastic.

Milad Mohammadi, man, what can I say, easily Asias BEST defender, no question about it.

The guy makes up for his lack of stature with blistering speed, physicality, and determination to win every ball, and turn every pass into an attacking opportunity.

Milad mohammadi is someone I can envision in the PL, with speed like his. He links up great in the attack as well.

Ramin was solid but some of his crosses could have been better.
        Regardless, his value to offensive play is great,

Shojaei was great and was hustling really hard today, his age is certainly not slowing him down.
        His missed penalty was silly but I think his performance aside from that was great.
        Who do you guys view as a good PK taker? since nekounam left we havent had a guaranteed PK guy.

Hosseini and PAG were good, nothing special.
        I was angry that sometimes hosseini and PAG made dangerous side or back passes instead of getting rid of the ball.

Montazeri is certainly much better with respect to that.

In conclusion, afarin iran and tabrik to all of my hamvatans.

We qualified as the 2nd team in the whole world, without conceding a single goal.

Now we need to
        - have friendlies against top 20 teams
        - Use our last two matches to possibly test anything new
        - Make korean fans cry and have anxiety attacks against us.
        AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

For those who missed Alexander Nouri and Carlos Queiroz on 90 together:

Comment

Nice clip!http://tamasha.com/v/NkxEL
            A*T*T*I*T*U*D*E is EVRYTHING
            http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...-her-swim.html
            or Search Nadya Vessey

Comment

Carlos Queiroz needs a statue of himself in front of Azadi. Most important figure in the history of our football.
              "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

Prior to this match one of their player said that they will surprise us in Azadi and he wasn't kidding they truly did surprise us with a world cup qualification.

Also remember when Uzbekistan beat Syria and Qatar in their first 2 games and they were sitting on the top of the group temporarily and all of their fans were really cocky and talking shit to us?

Comment

It's an interesting position we are in now- CQ can opt for experimental side to give fringe players a chance to pick up international playing experience against Korea and Syria, but then by doing that it could give Korea a better chance of qualifying over Uzbeks!!

Professionalism demands that he puts out his strongest side. None of these two teams did Iran any favors in the last campaign.

Steamroll ahead our beloved Iran.
                  sigpic
                  Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

I suspect the same thing that happened to Nekounam will happen to some of the players. Osasuna bought him before the WC to prevent a price rise and competition if he shined in the WC.
                    Team faghat PERSPOLIS

Comment

For me its not even about professionalism for why we should play our strongest line up against Korea. For me its more about revenge! I would love nothing more than TM beating Korea in Korea and in the process doing serious damage to Korea's qualification hopes. I want some pay back so bad. I would love nothing more than TM being the reason Korea doesn't qualify for this WC.

Originally posted by The Realist View Post
                      It's an interesting position we are in now- CQ can opt for experimental side to give fringe players a chance to pick up international playing experience against Korea and Syria, but then by doing that it could give Korea a better chance of qualifying over Uzbeks!!

Professionalism demands that he puts out his strongest side. None of these two teams did Iran any favors in the last campaign.

Steamroll ahead our beloved Iran.

Comment

I reckon Alexander Nouri is going to take over from Carlos Querioz when he leaves. He seems like he has what it takes.

Comment

CQ will be smart (as usual); He'll play the core TM members for the remaining WCQ matches, while substituting/changing a few key positions with younger/inexperienced members to accomplish 3 things:

1. Continue TM dominance
                          2. Avoid unnecessary injuries to the "stars"
                          3. Give younger members a chance to shine

Comment

Originally posted by greenguy4life View Post
                            I reckon Alexander Nouri is going to take over from Carlos Querioz when he leaves. He seems like he has what it takes.
                            Dream would be for us to Advance to the 2nd round of the World Cup, retain CQ for 4 more years after that, win the Asian cup in 2019, have another successful world cup with CQ in 2022, and then if at that point CQ wanted to retire bring in Nouri who in the meantime has made an even bigger name for himself in German football!!

I DON'T WANT THIS HONEYMOON WITH SIR CARLOS QUEIROZ TO EVER END!!

Comment

is there any more navad footage of adel talkign with nouri ??

Comment

Congratulations to all fellow Iranians on this momentous day in our sporting history.

Thank you to Carlos Queiroz. Whatever happens next, he will always be a football legend and hero in Iran.

Comment

Working...
                                X