Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Iran have the best football culture in Asia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Iran have the best football culture in Asia?

Originally posted by Keano View Post
    Top 4 Asian football powerhouses:

Japan) Their most popular sport is Baseball

Australia) Their most popular sport is Rugby and Cricket

South Korea) Football & Baseball

Iran) Football-crazed nation

We in a way are the Brazil of Asia, I say this because we're the only Asian footballing nation with very limited sports infrastructures and facilities. Kids and youngsters at very young ages start playing football on gravel, On asphalts in the streets (Goal koochik)
    I'm pretty sure the number one sport in South Korea (most followed + best at) is E-sports.

Competitive gaming is a MASSIVE business there.

Comment

Originally posted by persiangooner View Post
      Honestly living here in Japan, I feel like soccer is basically equal to baseball now. And it doesn't matter that much which is more popular tbh, because both sports have excellent infrastructure and conditions for players. Not to mention lots of passion from fans (not to be compared with that of Iran's though ofc)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I remember watching a video where they said that Baseball was kind of waning out and soccer was much more popular with the youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
        I remember watching a video where they said that Baseball was kind of waning out and soccer was much more popular with the youth.
        Yeah I definitely think more younger people are choosing soccer, and there's usually a spike in interest for the sport whenever there's a WC. So the next few years could really be the chance for soccer to overtake baseball as the biggest sport in Japan!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Twitter and Instagram: @aryo__hadi

ZendebadIran!

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
          https://sports.yahoo.com/video/socce...022445427.html

I think this may be the video you're talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by KhodadadAzizi View Post
            I'm surprised how popular football is in Japan considering it the J-League was only formed in the 1990s.
            Both countries (SK and Japan) make a great promotion before and during the 2002 FIFA World Cup

Comment

Originally posted by redmissile View Post
              Football in asia is still far from something like "Culture" "Tradition" etc, many country like Saudi, Korea and Iran claim themselves as football country or "Brazil of Asia" etc, so what is football culture?
              When your national team has:

4 World Cup appearances,
              3 Asian Cup titles,
              100.000 spectators during Iran's WCQ home games at Azadi...

Then that is a football culture.

Outside Asia, who really cares about our leagues? The only continent which really does matter in terms of club football is UEFA and in lesser extent CONMEBOL.

Comment

Arabs do have passion for football but their population is just too small to fill their stadiums. This fact makes me feel better because they take football seriously yet their national teams are inferior to us. Southeast Asian countries are also passionate and that's why European teams visit the region almost every year. Baseball is the most popular in Northeast Asian countries like Japan, Korea and Taiwan. My Korean colleague was pretty depressed in March because their football NT lost to China for the first time and their baseball NT was eliminated in the first round at the World Baseball Classic (baseball's World Cup). Australians prefer rugby or cricket to football but according to this thread, the football WC is much more popular than the rugby WC and cricket WC in the country. The worst place is South Asia, where people are mad at cricket.

I'm surprised how popular football is in Japan considering it the J-League was only formed in the 1990s.
                Statistics say baseball is still ahead of football in Japan.
                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...sports_leagues

J-League's average attendance is 17,803 and their baseball league's average attendance is 29,115, which is massive considering every pro baseball team has to play at least 6 games in a week.

Comment

Originally posted by GoIran View Post
                  Arabs do have passion for football but their population is just too small to fill their stadiums. This fact makes me feel better because they take football seriously yet their national teams are inferior to us. Southeast Asian countries are also passionate and that's why European teams visit the region almost every year. Baseball is the most popular in Northeast Asian countries like Japan, Korea and Taiwan. My Korean colleague was pretty depressed in March because their football NT lost to China for the first time and their baseball NT was eliminated in the first round at the World Baseball Classic (baseball's World Cup). Australians prefer rugby or cricket to football but according to this thread, the football WC is much more popular than the rugby WC and cricket WC in the country. The worst place is South Asia, where people are mad at cricket.
                  Statistics say baseball is still ahead of football in Japan.
                  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...sports_leagues
                  J-League's average attendance is 17,803 and their baseball league's average attendance is 29,115, which is massive considering every pro baseball team has to play at least 6 games in a week.
                  It's similar in the USA as it is in Australia. Although the NFL, MLB and NBA have a clear lead in popularity, the national soccer teams are by far the most popular.

Comment

I found it funny that Australia, Japan and South Korea are that good in Asia considering it's not the most popular sport in any of them.
                    A good example why the economy has something to do with the success in sports. They also do well at the Olympic Games.

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
                      I'm pretty sure the number one sport in South Korea (most followed + best at) is E-sports.

Competitive gaming is a MASSIVE business there.
                      Esports will become a medal event at the 2022 Asian Games.
                      https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...22-asian-games

Comment

Working...
                      X