Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Iran have the best football culture in Asia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually our football culture is horrible. Besides all the shameful incidents, we often fail to support our teams/players in bad times and like to blame everything on few individuals, instead of accepting our own faults and looking at the bigger picture, like the whole federation/government or other main reasons for our failures.

Only in terms of passion we are the Kings of Asia. In fact our passion is even far on the top internationally and we are one of the few countries capable of gathering fans almost around the whole world.
    Formerly known as Persianking!
    Follow me @
    instagram/iranscout
    instagram/nariman_iranscout

Comment

Originally posted by Nariman View Post
      Actually our football culture is horrible. Besides all the shameful incidents, we often fail to support our teams/players in bad times and like to blame everything on few individuals, instead of accepting our own faults and looking at the bigger picture, like the whole federation/government or other main reasons for our failures.
      Only in terms of passion we are the Kings of Asia. In fact our passion is even far on the top internationally and we are one of the few countries capable of gathering fans almost around the whole world.
      I should have used "is Iran the most passionate football country in Asia" as the title.

Comment

i think OP means PASSION for football and yea easily the Top asian side...! probably amongst top 10 worldwide even..!?

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
          i think OP means PASSION for football and yea easily the Top asian side...! probably amongst top 10 worldwide even..!?
          What countries would be more passionate? Argentina, Brazil, Colombia?

Comment

Originally posted by Omid177 View Post
            None of these mentioned teams will be in pot 1, so it'd be impossible.
            A group like Iran, France, Turkey/Greece and Egypt would be my dream group.
            But first let us beat Uzbekistan
            They could if they were host (USA 94, Mexico 70 and 86). Mexico has even been seeded without being host (2006).
            I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Bessos View Post
              That is pretty much undisputed. As you said, no other Asian country shows as much passion for football as Iranians do.

We can forget about West Asia. In East Asia, I'd say Koreans, Japanese, Chinese and Thailandese have some passion for it too, but far from Iran's level.

Iran's passion is right there at the top with Latin Americans / South Europeans.
              South Korea have top facilites, but you can't compare with passion of Iran or Japan. I work with South Koreans, education, culture is fantastic. But they have more passion for technologies, cartoons, TV dramas and baseball. A navad-type program would not have as much impact for them

Comment

Saudi Arabia and Iraq should be up there if we talking about West Asia.

Comment

Top 4 Asian football powerhouses:

Japan) Their most popular sport is Baseball

Australia) Their most popular sport is Rugby and Cricket

South Korea) Football & Baseball

Iran) Football-crazed nation

We in a way are the Brazil of Asia, I say this because we're the only Asian footballing nation with very limited sports infrastructures and facilities. Kids and youngsters at very young ages start playing football on gravel, On asphalts in the streets (Goal koochik)

Comment

Iran and Thailand are probably the most football-crazy countries in Asia but there are many which aren't far behind.

Comment

Originally posted by persian8iran View Post
                      South Korea have top facilites, but you can't compare with passion of Iran or Japan. I work with South Koreans, education, culture is fantastic. But they have more passion for technologies, cartoons, TV dramas and baseball. A navad-type program would not have as much impact for them
                      I'm surprised how popular football is in Japan considering it the J-League was only formed in the 1990s.

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post

We in a way are the Brazil of Asia, I say this because we're the only Asian footballing nation with very limited sports infrastructures and facilities. Kids and youngsters at very young ages start playing football on gravel, On asphalts in the streets (Goal koochik)
                        I found it funny that Australia, Japan and South Korea are that good in Asia considering it's not the most popular sport in any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by KhodadadAzizi View Post
                          I found it funny that Australia, Japan and South Korea are that good in Asia considering it's not the most popular sport in any of them.
                          Football is the most popular sport in South Korea. In Japan, football will soon eclipse baseball. Baseball is considered an old man's game in Japan nowadays, whereas football is much more hip and cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                            Football is the most popular sport in South Korea. In Japan, football will soon eclipse baseball. Baseball is considered an old man's game in Japan nowadays, whereas football is much more hip and cool.
                            I hope Japan can one day make the jump to having a competitive national team. A lot of other factors are falling into place for them.

Comment

Football in asia is still far from something like "Culture" "Tradition" etc, many country like Saudi, Korea and Iran claim themselves as football country or "Brazil of Asia" etc, so what is football culture? most of the fans only follows National Team and seldom show up in domestic leagues, I think as a football fans you should support local clubs, take on them as City Hero, make football part of your daily life, actually play and enjoy it etc.

Countries get 2000 or 3000 attendance in top devision is just a big joke IMO, shows the AFC countries still have a lot of works to do.
                              I am Tigersandys
                              Forza Guo'an
                              加油!国安队!

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post

Honestly living here in Japan, I feel like soccer is basically equal to baseball now. And it doesn't matter that much which is more popular tbh, because both sports have excellent infrastructure and conditions for players. Not to mention lots of passion from fans (not to be compared with that of Iran's though ofc)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Twitter and Instagram: @aryo__hadi

ZendebadIran!

Comment

Working...
                                X