• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fantastic save by Haghighi.

0-0 84'

Comment

0-0

Valuable point for AFC Eskilstuna. This team has really improved since Haghighi has started starting for them. They need to keep clawing away and get out of the relegation zone.

Comment

AFC Eskilstuna 0:0 Hammarby:

"The Stockholm club dominated in the first half when it came to ball possession and goal chances. Best opportunity created Jiloan Hamad. The midfielder turned up in the penalty area and finished off close but the shot was close to AFC goalkeeper Alireza Haghighi as a reflex save."

https://www.sydsvenskan.se/2017-08-2...addare-mot-afc

"At the end of the game, both teams created some sharp chances. With 84 minutes played, Jeppe Andersen tried AFC goalkeeper Alireza Haghighi with a hard shot, but Haghighi managed to save. "

https://www.fotbollskanalen.se/allsv...ammarby-hemma/

Short Highlights:

Comment

Once again, Haghighi was named second best player on the pitch by the biggest sports newspaper in Sweden, Sportbladet. They wrote, amongst other things, that he is "a catch".

He is slowly making a name for himself among the experts in Sweden, despite missing almost half of the season.

If he continues like this he will probably be recognized as one of the best, if not the best, goalkeeper in the league by the end of the season.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Soorakhian View Post
            Once again, Haghighi was named second best player on the pitch by the biggest sports newspaper in Sweden, Sportbladet. They wrote, amongst other things, that he is "a catch".

He is slowly making a name for himself among the experts in Sweden, despite missing almost half of the season.

If he continues like this he will probably be recognized as one of the best, if not the best, goalkeeper in the league by the end of the season.
            Even just watching him in action - he has a ton of confidence right now, a real presence and he made some great saves. He looks hard to beat and honestly, wouldn't mind - if he keeps playing this - to become Iran's number 1 keeper again.

Comment

haghighi will be back in TM squad. His form is phenomenal, best keeper of the week for a month straight. And his contract situation is so favorable. He will leave on a free in january, undoubtedly to one of swedens top teams if he keeps up his form. And tbh, that is a good level for him. A Europa League level team where he is number one.

Comment

Haghighi had a great game a few days ago and was mentioned on the sport news on tv for that one great save he did during that game that got them one point.

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboor View Post
                  Haghighi had a great game a few days ago and was mentioned on the sport news on tv for that one great save he did during that game that got them one point.
                  I'm really happy that he has made his way back into TM. He has always deserved better

Comment

With their recent forms - I'd like to see Haghgi start again. Beira has not really improved in a while. What makes Haghighi stand out for me is he has real leadership intangibles and has a presence about him.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                      With their recent forms - I'd like to see Haghgi start again. Beira has not really improved in a while. What makes Haghighi stand out for me is he has real leadership intangibles and has a presence about him.
                      Lets not forget that Haghighi is a G:

https://youtu.be/3PwYZnRb9IQ

Comment

Haghighi's debut game, saving Ali Daei's penalty:

Comment

Wow, he was only 18 years old then.

Comment

Short interview with Alireza by SvenskaFans.com:

"Goalkeeper Alireza Haghighi at home again
                            He was in the World Cup squad when Iran qualified for World Cup next summer.

Now, Alireza Haghighi wants to be a part of securing a new global contract with AFC Eskilstuna . Alireza Haghighi was back in training again on Thursday, after being away and World Cup qualifying with Iran. Against South Korea and Syria. And after 0-0 against South Korea in the second half, it was clear that Iran again qualified for World Cup games in Russia next summer.

But that was a match Alireza got to see from the side.
                            " I went to the national team to play, but I've been away for a while, so it was no wonder I could not play," said Haghighi.

With already secured advances, the last match against Syria at home was meaningless for Iran's part. Or, not entirely meaningless, perhaps, because Iran had the chance to go through the qualification without having given a goal.
                            Now it was not. The match against Syria ended 2-2. So instead, Iran was pleased to have gone undefeated through the qualification (6-4-0).

" My goal now is to play the World Cup. I have experience from the last World Cup.

Nine matches remain in all Swedish. Nine giant matches for Alireza and AFC Eskilstunas's part in view of the table situation.
                            "If we work together - both on and off the field- I think we will be able to do that. It will be tough, but nothing is impossible.

Ready before Saturday?
                            "Right now, I'm a bit tired, but ready - both physically and mentally - before Saturday," said Alireza Haghighi, as he broke into a big smile"

https://www.svenskafans.com/fotboll/...en-575729.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                              Haghighi's debut game, saving Ali Daei's penalty:

He went LEFT! on the PK?? Something he should've done against Iraq.
                              "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

SvenskaFans.com mentions Alireza as one of the players on AFC Eskilstuna that offers great quality to the team:

"But despite the miserable goal difference, AFC has some quality in the team in these three players.

1. Mohamed Buya Turay
                                The big exclamation mark in AFC and a constant threat of cruel technique and a huge shot.

2. Alireza Haghighi
                                Not often I take goalkeepers but after the goalkeeper to Haghighi, AFC feels more secure backwards.

3. Daniel Björnquist
                                A stable goalkeeper needs a stable backdrop and Dajje on the right hand side always delivers stable efforts. "

https://www.svenskafans.com/fotboll/...an-576424.aspx

Comment

Working...
                                X