Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Cup Qualifier: Qatar - Iran; Info, Updates and Live Reports (23.03.2017)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True. Thanks. Of course Iraq is not our level. But even our B team should at least tie the game. And I totally understand. Yes this is a friendly and are not a great indicator of strength as benches are examined in such games. anyways, it was confirmed that the game was not official. I don't see it in FIFA site neither so no FIFA ranking slip
    sigpic
    SUPPORT TEAM MELLI
    IRAN
    - IRAN - ONLY IRAN

IRAN OUT OF AFC NOW!

IRAN WILL ROCK IN ASIA AGAIN IF IRI IS OVERTHROWN... MUBARAK, BIN-ALI, NOW IT IS THE TURN FOR SEID ALI

Comment

Originally posted by arasradio View Post
      anyways, it was confirmed that the game was not official. I don't see it in FIFA site neither so no FIFA ranking slip
      Eh che khoob

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post

Asia Cup 2015 was a tie - not a loss. We lost in the penalty shootout, technically that's a tie. Although winning in penalties is a skill we haven't mastered and they advanced. So credit to that.

Look guys, Iraq are not on par or close. Look at their standings in the other group. They tied Thailand twice last round. Tied Vietnam etc. We lost because it can happen in football and it's a friendly. It's a PREP game. Go to some of the biggest teams in the world and see what happens in their friendly games. The most important thing is we played a game before our REAL game. I would have been happy to play Afghanistan at this point.

But don't make them a monster or some great team. The stats say completely otherwise. Now we are lucky to beat them? Knee jerk reaction.
        With all respect to your opinion my friend, I'm not saying Iraq is a powerhouse and blah blah lol. I'm just saying that we always have a tough time winning most of the time and tying at times. And as you said we lost in penalties in last encounter too. Even though Iran as a powerhouse is way more technical and powerful, however all teams in the world have tough times against their dark horse. Iraq is one of our dark horses as they are quite familiar with our style. And as you said it doesn't make them a powerhouse. However for this very reason we must come up with a strategy against such teams to remove them as an obstacle in future failures to reach the finals of Asian cups or other tournaments. Even though I still think Iraq was lucky that the Aussie ref gave them the win! Cheers. Best of luck to our great team Melli. Happpy to see Haghighi back
        sigpic
        SUPPORT TEAM MELLI
        IRAN
        - IRAN - ONLY IRAN

IRAN OUT OF AFC NOW!

IRAN WILL ROCK IN ASIA AGAIN IF IRI IS OVERTHROWN... MUBARAK, BIN-ALI, NOW IT IS THE TURN FOR SEID ALI

Comment

Originally posted by arasradio View Post
          With all respect to your opinion my friend, I'm not saying Iraq is a powerhouse and blah blah lol. I'm just saying that we always have a tough time winning most of the time and tying at times. And as you said we lost in penalties in last encounter too. Even though Iran as a powerhouse is way more technical and powerful, however all teams in the world have tough times against their dark horse. Iraq is one of our dark horses as they are quite familiar with our style. And as you said it doesn't make them a powerhouse. However for this very reason we must come up with a strategy against such teams to remove them as an obstacle in future failures to reach the finals of Asian cups or other tournaments. Even though I still think Iraq was lucky that the Aussie ref gave them the win! Cheers. Best of luck to our great team Melli. Happpy to see Haghighi back
          But historically, we've owned them. Before the penalty win, we were constantly beating them. Before Asia Cup game, we had won 5 out of 7 games v. them (other two being ties). That Aussie penalty win was an aberration. Go watch us v. them until the b.s. red card, we were owning them.

I agree we have teams we have difficulty with - but they are generally not one of them.

Comment

Qatar is our dark horse. Not Iraq.

Comment

So it seems the game was not FIFA-sanctioned?

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                So it seems the game was not FIFA-sanctioned?
                How come? Too many subs? And where's the evidence?

Comment

Man, I am getting worried about CQ's mental state. In his most recent facebook post, he criticizes the Iranian referee in the meaningless friendly against Iraq, even questioning his Iranian citizenship. That goes a bit too far. Also, he calls Omid Ebrahimi a captain. Does that mean he will wear the armband on Thursday?

Comment

I would be worried if we are second or third place.

Right now we have things in our hands. The most important thing against Qatar.... is not to LOSE! We can't afford getting them back in the competition and losing all 3 points.

CQ is most probably going for the draw against Qatar and the kill against China at home (hopefully China either draws or loses so they don't have any momentum either).

CQ said his goal was to keep TM at top of the group after those two games. That doesn't mean necessarily mean two wins.

God help us if we lose against Qatar, we just simply can't... both from a morale perspective and from a points perspective.

The good news is both Korea and Uzb play before us, two draws here would be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by CHaMiLLionaire View Post

Right now we have things in our hands. The most important thing against Qatar.... is not to LOSE! We can't afford getting them back in the competition and losing all 3 points.

CQ is most probably going for the draw against Qatar and the kill against China at home (hopefully China either draws or loses so they don't have any momentum either).

CQ said his goal was to keep TM at top of the group after those two games. That doesn't mean necessarily mean two wins.

God help us if we lose against Qatar, we just simply can't... both from a morale perspective and from a points perspective.

The good news is both Korea and Uzb play before us, two draws here would be awesome.
                      I don't think we will lose our forwards and players are in form I even think we can win

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
                        I don't think we will lose our forwards and players are in form I even think we can win
                        It is good that we have your blessing. Now I can sleep easy knowing we will 100% win.

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
                          That's right. I totally agree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by CHaMiLLionaire View Post

CQ is most probably going for the draw against Qatar and the kill against China at home (hopefully China either draws or loses so they don't have any momentum either

Idk about bolded. China is never getting back into this contest and have major issues with South Korea right now. New US missile system and on Korean Bigsoccer they said China denied SKorea the ability to use a charter plane to get there.

I think China wants to take the game to Korea more than against us and I hope they are successful. They might be gassed out againsy us as a result.

The most important thing is to just stay ahead of Uzbekistan and/or Korea for the next 4 rounds. Essentially match the results of one of those two point per point.

Comment

Omidvaram Reza ye kam payintar az Sardar dar tarkibe asli baazi kone.
                              Dar bashgaah neshoon dade ke mitone top ra daryaft kone va dar omgh bedave va gol bezane.
                              Dar zemn ba chang o dandoon baazi mikone.
                              DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Is there a time changing this weekend? Because base on the time right now the game will be at 9 am LA time and not 8.

Comment

Working...
                                X