Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't be surprised to see Dejagah end up at Werder Bremen next year due to the Nouri connection if he isn't retained by Wolfsburg. They have known each other for a long time, and also played against each other back in the day when Dejagah was beasting for Wolfsburg. Nouri is well aware of his quality when in form, and his team could probably use another winger/midfielder for some additional depth. Plus, after the job he's done coaching that team this year, I think it's safe to say he will have a very significant role in their player personnel decisions from here on out.

Comment

Originally posted by Babak View Post
      I wouldn't be surprised to see Dejagah end up at Werder Bremen next year due to the Nouri connection if he isn't retained by Wolfsburg. They have known each other for a long time, and also played against each other back in the day when Dejagah was beasting for Wolfsburg. Nouri is well aware of his quality when in form, and his team could probably use another winger/midfielder for some additional depth. Plus, after the job he's done coaching that team this year, I think it's safe to say he will have a very significant role in their player personnel decisions from here on out.
      Doubt Nouri ever played against Dejagah, Nouri never played at Bundesliga I level, i guess Bundesliga III was his highest football level as player.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
        Doubt Nouri ever played against Dejagah, Nouri never played at Bundesliga I level, i guess Bundesliga III was his highest football level as player.
        True, seems he didn't play in Bundesliga.

Comment

Nouri was playing in Bundesliga 2 for Osnabrück when he was called up for the England camp by Branko. He was very good that season and had an amazing performance against Bayern in the German cup aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
            They played against each other before

Comment

Originally posted by ShiroKhorshid View Post
              Nouri was playing in Bundesliga 2 for Osnabrück when he was called up for the England camp by Branko. He was very good that season and had an amazing performance against Bayern in the German cup aswell.
              Nouri has had a TM call up on his resume..?? really?

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                Nouri has had a TM call up on his resume..?? really?
                He was called up to a training camp but was injured before arriving.

Comment

Why would Werder Bremen want him if he's not match fit and hasn't even played a single game for Wolfsburg yet? Let's be realistic...

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                    Why would Werder Bremen want him if he's not match fit and hasn't even played a single game for Wolfsburg yet? Let's be realistic...
                    Some Persian analysis i guess lol

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                      They played against each other before
                      That should be either in friendly or Cup match, i honestly don't remember.

Comment

Jeez I don't know, maybe for the same reason that Wolfsburg decided to take a flyer on him earlier this year despite the fact that he arguably hadn't played competitive football since 2014? But thank you for that tremendous insight, I have no doubt we'll be regularly seeing you as an ESPN studio analyst if you keep up this excellent work.

Direct quote from Nouri when he was playing for Osnabruck in Bundesliga II: "I know Ashkan (Dejagah), and Ferydoon (Zandi). We have played against each other in the past, and we have talked to each other during the games. I am friends with Amir Shapourzadeh. He is also from Hamburg, and we try and meet whenever it is possible."

As someone who played against Ashkan during his prime and is well aware of what he can bring to a team when in form, why wouldn't he want a high upside guy that can be had on a free transfer? It's conceivable that he'll be fully healthy and fit prior to the start of next season, with a very high motivation to put in a good year prior to the World Cup which a guy like Nouri totally understands. He still has an opportunity to make his debut for Wolfsburg before the end of this season and prove that he has something left in the tank. Nobody is counting on him to be a 90 minute per game starter, but rather a dangerous player with experience off the bench who obviously is not going to be demanding much in terms of a salary.

So to answer your question, I think you are the one who needs to be realistic and understand that this scenario is far more plausible than you seem to think.

Comment

Originally posted by Babak View Post
                          But thank you for that tremendous insight, I have no doubt we'll be regularly seeing you as an ESPN studio analyst if you keep up this excellent work.

You're welcome, I'm more than willing to take that job and invite you as special guest.

Comment

You say this as if getting injured isn't a thing that happens normally or is something he is in control of. You can't possibly hold that against him....
                            Team Meli Iran
                            Perspolis FC
                            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                              You say this as if getting injured isn't a thing that happens normally or is something he is in control of. You can't possibly hold that against him....
                              well, i didnt follow his career closely @ HertaB/wolfsburg but he was somewhat of a regular sick note @ Fulham, TM and even @ Al Ayrabi, and now again in VFLW, much of it could be attributed to his Pittbulishly aggressive style of play but that sorta of history would also suggest that he is Injury Prone and negatively affect his marketability, especially so considering his typically high salary demands..!

i really hope to see him feature for VFL's first team before season's end and he must show something special on the pitch if afforded that chance, otherwise i highly doubt he will get resigned for next season by VFL or any other top EU Leage club..!!?

Comment

Dejagah doesn't fit into Nouri's system very well, he lacks the speed to be part of the offense that the team brings.

Also Werder Bremen (or any other professional club for that matter) is not like Ban-Ki Moon or Will Smith where you just can bring along your family or buddies into your field of work.

Comment

Working...
                                X