No announcement yet.

U-17 World Cup 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A team of underdogs that made it to last 8. I would be surprised if they get more than $300 each as prize money. Whilst we all wanted them to go to the final, we should acknowledge this achievement under the circumstances any team Meli finds itself. The only criticism l have is the lack of bold play right from the start or at least the second half. The rest of the demise is political.
    sigpic
    Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

3-1 Game over.

Our players fought valiantly, but they arent at this level. Lets face it. You guys cannot actually expect them to go toe to toe with spain, arguably the best senior team and youth team/youth system in the world. Be realistic ! This team won all four of their games and smashed germany 4-0, beat france 4-0 in friendly as well, but this was a step too far. Our players were simply technically outmatched. You say be more attacking, then we would have easily conceded 3-4 more goals. 3-1 is a respectable score line.

The differences between their football and ours is clear. Spanish players grow playing on a pitch, with tactics and instructions with regards to their spacing, so there is options at all times for those on the ball. And they are taught when and how to use those options. Our players play gol koochik with usually a maximum of 5-6 players. Thats why we are at disadvantage on football field, but superior in futsal for instance. The people who bitch and moan on these forums after results like these are just blind. Iran is not spain, we are not in that league, our players simply learn soccer in two completely different ways. We would have had a good chance against france, but spain was simply too good tactically and technically for our boys, and there is no shame in leaving it at that, instead of trying to find a fault with everything and criticizing our guys that made history getting here.

Overall for the tournament :

Chamanian was excellent. This guy is the most qualified vatani coach I have seen . Glad for him to continue with these guys and other youth teams. IFF randomly found a gem. He is so calm in his demeanor, and really seems like a teacher to our players, and not like just a purely father figure like Peiravani who is a nice guy but a retard. You may criticize his tactics vs Spain, but I truly ask you, can you come up with a set of better ones ? I honestly tried and I was unable to. We also got a bit undone that we conceded early and thus game plan became more difficult to execute.

Team Overall :

They were all very fit, and out of all teams faired the best in the crazy indian climate. Again credit to coaching staff that had them prepared. Defensively there were very solid but also dangerous going forward. Their weak points were, just like TM senior team, in midfield, and the lack of anybody capable of putting their foot on the ball and keeping possession, calming the game, seeing and picking out accurate through balls. But they played like a real team and we should be proud of that.

Individuals :

Two individuals stood out to me: Allahyar Sayyad, and Taha Shariati. These guys have the technical quality, incredible physique, and real character to be stars abroad and for TM. Taha was phenomenal today and the only player with the confidence and quality to calm down when he was in possession and pick good passes. Allahyar goes for everything and has an insane leap. Physically I have seen few forwards his age that are so strong. And he is a good dribbler and finisher, with both feet, a rarity for strikers his age. He has very limited service vs spain but showed his quality in his leap for that accidental assist to karimi, and by beating the panish defender and cutting it back perfectly for sardari who nearly scored. These two guys as of now seem the likeliest to be the most successful. Sharifi, Ghaderi, Ghobeishavi, Esmaeilzadeh, and Delfi have potential but need time in PGPL before going to europe. Delfi maybe can go right away but there were clear deficiencies in his game as well, mainly decision making.

Overall Im very happy with the performance by these players. They made us as iranians proud. Cant wait to see them in u20 WC

Comment

Allahyar was player of the game - again. He got the assist and created a gem of a move that was saved immaculately by the Spanish GK (and should have made it 3-2 for us. He has a great knack for looking to pass too as a forward.

Great winning and learning experience for our squad. Hope they nurture the talents and don't let them wither away.

Comment

Iran's offense suffered a lot due to absence of Delfi. Also the first Spanish goal was scored on a defensive lapse. Seems like there was a lack of focus or momentum. Should fully analyze the tournament and LEARN from the experience. That is how one improves. Soccer is not all there is in the world and there are other age groups to pay attention to.... Time to do something for women's sports as well. Balance is an important key for progress.
          sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
            khak tu sareshun for this performance. I would prefer a 5/0 loss but more energy, passing and attacking than this lethargic bezan ziresh

Hopefully, they will realize they shoud go toEurope very fast to catch the gap between them and Spain
            they cant . This is where you are totally wrong lol. Spanish players have been playing in this system for ten years, it will be impossible for this generation to bridge this gap. A few players of our team are at the level where they can keep up with them. But a whole team ? Dont kid yourself. As long as our players are raised playing gol koochik until they reach ages 13-14, there is no chance for us to actually compete vs spain !

Comment

everything you said i more or less agree with but i dont rate chamanian. just because he stands there like a gooz all the time looking stoned doesnt make him a good coach.
              bring in mehdi and vahid i say!

Comment

Originally posted by amirfigo View Post
                please stop with the uefa pro-level coaching... we played EVERY game with long balls, football ano 1960... it was just sheer individual class and luck/destiny and worse opponents that brought us to this stage. our coach is absolutely clueless
                True that we played all games with long ball but the difference in this game was playing the long ball to the centre rather than the wings. I assume that may have had something to do with Delfi not playing but with the Spanish Centre backs returning every ball, perhaps we should have had another player to pass the ball to on the wings. In any case, games over now.
                sigpic
                Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                  they cant . This is where you are totally wrong lol. Spanish players have been playing in this system for ten years, it will be impossible for this generation to bridge this gap. A few players of our team are at the level where they can keep up with them. But a whole team ? Dont kid yourself. As long as our players are raised playing gol koochik until they reach ages 13-14, there is no chance for us to actually compete vs spain !
                  That's why what Kia FC (https://www.instagram.com/fckia/) and FC Iranmehr (https://www.instagram.com/fc.iranmehr/) and what they are doing is so crucial.

They are next generation to be our U16 team.

Comment

everything you said i more or less agree with but dont rate chamanian. just because he stands there like a gooz all the time looking stoned doesnt make him a good coach.
                    bring in mehdi and vahid i say!
                    dude stop. Chamanian engineered a 4-0 fucking win over GERMANY, who beat this spanish team in Euros. Mehdi and Vahid dont know 1/100th about youth football as chamanian does, show some respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                      Allahyar was player of the game - again. He got the assist and created a gem of a move that was saved immaculately by the Spanish GK (and should have made it 3-2 for us. He has a great knack for looking to pass too as a forward.

Great winning and learning experience for our squad. Hope they nurture the talents and don't let them wither away.
                      Shariati was fantastic too. These two have a legit chance of going to europe after this tournament. Delfi does as well. But besides those three I didnt see any others that are ready currently. That could change in a couple years...

Comment

please stop with the uefa pro-level coaching... we played EVERY game with long balls, football ano 1960... it was just sheer individual class and luck/destiny and worse opponents that brought us to this stage. our coach is absolutely clueless
                        Great point. Also, how exactly did Delfi get that yellow card late in the match with Mexico? Was it deserved? I did not see the scene.

I am wondering if Germany can beat Brazil in the last quarter final today. They match up very well with them going back to the World Cup 2014.
                        sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

@inarsenewetrust:
                          1. and 2. goal were freekicks (so more or less luck), 3. individual brilliance by allahyar and at the time we scored the 4. (a counter attack) the germans didnt play anymore, the game was over. furthermore this german youth team is no way a briliant one.

Comment

@inarsenewetrust:
                            1. and 2. goal were freekicks (so more or less luck), 3. individual brilliance by allahyar and at the time we scored the 4. (a counter attack) the germans didnt play anymore, the game was over. furthermore this german youth team is no way a briliant one.
                            lol bullshit. If you want to try and find every possible way to discredit chamanian then there is no point arguing with you.You already have your mind made up. Its a good thing people like you and others on these forums arent in charge of our youth football.

Comment

Not a happy ending game.
                              Iran lost to a better team and own bad game plan.
                              Overall, they did well and congratulation to all of the players and the team.

Chamanian will be with new U16 players and there will be new talents,like of Bavieh , SHaverdi.... And hopefully Chamanian has learned from this experience.

This group will move up to U18 and some will join Pourgholami U19 team.

This is not the End

Comment

Job well done to our boys and coaching staff. Today's game showed the difference in what top level youth football in the world is, and where we are. can't blame the boys or the coaching staff. had we attacked from the beginning, this game would have ended in 10-1. Spain's fullbacks basically just toyed with us. their midfield was in command of the game the entire time. sometimes you just take your hat off to the other side and learn from the experience.

Comment

Working...
                                X