This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheWheels View Post
    Dude he's not THAT good by Sweden's standard. For us he'd be great but Sweden has players and wouldn't have a problem replacing Ghoddos. We need him more than do the Swedes and he'd be appreciated more here too
    Sure but he's only 23! He's still progressing. If he played for Sweden, he'd be better taken care of, be more in the spotlight in Europe and probably have more dedicated agents. When the environment and the mentality around you are right, you have much better means to progress into a big player!

Sure, in Iran he'd probably get much more love and appreciation but that's all he'd get! For the sake of TM, nothing would make me happier to see him playing for Iran! But what I mean is we should just let him decide his own destiny and don't push him so much! If he decides to play for Iran, then great! But if he instead decides to play for Sweden, it wouldn't be such a bad thing for him either. In fact, understandable from his point of view.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
      Sure but he's only 23! He's still progressing. If he played for Sweden, he'd be better taken care of, be more in the spotlight in Europe and probably have more dedicated agents. When the environment and the mentality around you are right, you have much better means to progress into a big player!

Sure, in Iran he'd probably get much more love and appreciation but that's all he'd get! For the sake of TM, nothing would make me happier to see him playing for Iran! But what I mean is we should just let him decide his own destiny and don't push him so much! If he decides to play for Iran, then great! But if he instead decides to play for Sweden, it wouldn't be such a bad thing for him either. In fact, understandable from his point of view.
      I don't understand where these theories come from, no player has ever been hurt by playing for TM, that's all BS. No agent will care, his club career will not be affected by which national team he chooses. Dejagah was hurt by his own laziness/greed. Davari was not as good as people thought. Gucci also went for the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
        I don't understand where these theories come from, no player has ever been hurt by playing for TM, that's all BS. No agent will care, his club career will not be affected by which national team he chooses. Dejagah was hurt by his own laziness/greed. Davari was not as good as people thought. Gucci also went for the money.
        Technically the national team does kind of matter from a marketting perspective (Iran has no respect for international laws so big clubs can't expect much jersey revenue from buying Iranians as opposed to Koreans or Japs for instance), but for the most part you are right.

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
          Say that to Zandi! or maybe you're too young to know!

Of course the label of a Swedish national team player has got another respect in the eyes of the world than an Iranian national team player! That's not even up for debate!

Specially if he continues to play in Allsvenskan, as a Swedish national team player, he'd surely be taken care of much more than if he was an Iranian national team player! Who'd give a damn about the latter in Sweden?

Comment

CQ made a post on his facebook page about Ghoddos. So it looks like CQ has his eyes on him.
            IRI = FAILED

Comment

Originally posted by persian-eagle-13 View Post
              CQ made a post on his facebook page about Ghoddos. So it looks like CQ has his eyes on him.
              And he also said he is already committing to the Swedish national team . Close this threat! Who
              Cares anymore

Comment

Originally posted by persian-eagle-13 View Post
                That is not his real account.

Comment

his real FB account has made no such post

Comment

Originally posted by Babak View Post
                    My thoughts on Saman Ghoddos:

1) This guy is the closest thing I have ever seen to Diego Maradona with Iranian blood. I thought I was having flashbacks to Maradona and Claudio Cannigia linking up top for Argentina back in the early 90's in watching a few of his highlight videos. He is also the most dynamic and complete attacking midfielder to show up on the TM radar since Ali Karimi in 1998. Eden Hazard would be a decent modern day comparison for him, and I wouldn't be surprised if Anderlecht, Ajax, and some of the other teams scouting him see the same thing.

2) He has it all: tremendous technical skills on the ball with the ability to not only routinely beat his man in a 1 on 1, but to also hold possession with his low center of gravity like a pitbull. Great acceleration and top end speed, clinical finishing ability in front of the goal, excellent passer with the ability to generate dangerous opportunities for his teammates, box to box stamina with the determination to track back and defend, and deadly free kicks/pinpoint accuracy on set pieces. But most importantly, he has the personality and leadership that instills great confidence amongst his teammates. As a player, it's one thing knowing that your teammate is the most dominant force on the pitch that day, but it's something else when you are also inspired to the point of laying it all out on the line in order to match his grit/desire to win.

2) If he ultimately ends up accepting an invitation to TM, he will be a lock for the starting 11 at the World Cup.

3) I think he would also be the the team's most valuable player from day 1, as everyone else on the squad can be replaced with a comparable alternative. As good as his recent form has been, Soroush Rafiei is a very poor man's Saman Ghoddos. He may be good enough to help lead a team like Perspolis to an IPL championship, but Ghoddos is good enough to carry a team on his back for a tournament.

4) I have a sneaking suspicion that CQ has had a couple wet dreams fantasizing about this guy as his #10 in the World Cup over the course of the past few months. I also don't think the timing of his recent trip to Europe, along with the Instagram post by Ghoddos expressing his desire to play for TM, is a coincidence. My guess is that part of the reason for CQ's visit to meet with Gucci and JB was in order to ask them to reach out to and pitch the idea of joining TM to Ghoddos.

Now let's hope his invitation to the team becomes a reality with the release of the upcoming list in the next few days.
                    QUOTED FOR TRUTH. Like I said, the closest thing to Diego Maradona we have ever seen with Iranian blood. This most recent goal was just absolutely filthy with the move he put on the defender to beat him one on one, and yet another example of this guy's incredible abilities. Anyone know where all the Ghoddos haters and detractors on this forum have been hiding lately?

Comment

Originally posted by Babak View Post
                      QUOTED FOR TRUTH. Like I said, the closest thing to Diego Maradona we have ever seen with Iranian blood. This most recent goal was just absolutely filthy with the move he put on the defender to beat him one on one, and yet another example of this guy's incredible abilities. Anyone know where all the Ghoddos haters and detractors on this forum have been hiding lately?
                      Before you get hammered for comparing Ghoddos to Maradona, I think you are trying to say that he is one of the most technically gifted Iranian footballer you've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
                        Before you get hammered for comparing Ghoddos to Maradona, I think you are trying to say that he is one of the most technically gifted Iranian footballer you've ever seen.
                        I already got hammered by a few members here for making the comparison previously. And no, I still think Ali Karimi is the most technically gifted Iranian footballer we've ever seen, but his style and impact was quite different than Ghoddos. But I'll reiterate it again loud and clear for his haters: Saman Ghoddos is the closest thing to Diego Maradona we have ever seen with Iranian blood. He is the most dominant Iranian footballer on the planet today, and should he accept a TM call up, he will be our starting #10 in the World Cup giving CQ the long awaited final piece that he needs to make a run at the quarterfinals next summer.

Comment

From Amiri to Ghoddos is a big upgrade.

Let's hope he makes the right decision and joins Iran.

This is too good:

------------------------------------Azmoun---------------------------------------

------------Ghoddos ------------ Dejagah------------Jahanbaksh---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post

This is too good:

------------------------------------Azmoun---------------------------------------

Shojaei still the best playmaker we have.
                            "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

-----------------azmoun-------------------
                              --------Ghoddos-----Dejagah---------Jahanbakhsh

or

-----------Gucci--------------
                              ---Amiri----Shojaei-----Taremi

or

-----------Ansarifard---------
                              ---Torabi---Rafiei-------Pahlevan

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post

This is too good:

Yeah that's the dream front 4. Honestly I don't see how Dejagah doesn't start when he's fit. In form, he's our most gifted player technically and physically.

Comment

Working...
                                X