X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
    fifa friendlies are offical games , if i am not wrong
    No, they are not otherwise his game with Sweden would have counted. But once you make a nationality-switch, like Saman did, he is Iran's.

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
      i tell u the main reason was CQ, if CQ was not our coach, gucci,ashkan and saman would not play for us is a fact
      No fking way an iranian coach or IFF coulda convinced any of these guys to join TM...
      slight chance Gucci coulda have but no way Ashkan and Samman would have... in fact Ghotbi tried and failed with Ashkan

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
        I’m still surprised he chose us over Sweden.

There is no incentive unless he truly loves Iran.

But then again when he made that decision, he did not have international recognition as he does now. Maybe he regrets the decision.

Who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        No incentive? Iran is a better team than Sweden and a better chance to turn more heads this world cup..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by persian_pooya View Post
          No incentive? Iran is a better team than Sweden and a better chance to turn more heads this world cup..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
          I wouldn't go that far saying we are better than Sweden.

Comment

Please pass over some of what ever you've been smoking dude. It seems to be good $h*t!

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
              No, they are not otherwise his game with Sweden would have counted. But once you make a nationality-switch, like Saman did, he is Iran's.
              FIFA games are official games. Saman played for Sweden in a friendly that was a non-FIFA game.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                No fking way an iranian coach or IFF coulda convinced any of these guys to join TM...
                slight chance Gucci coulda have but no way Ashkan and Samman would have... in fact Ghotbi tried and failed with Ashkan
                it is true that Ashkan and gucci came to TM because of CQ. it is because CQ has more influence that ghotbi and more reputation that is why they join tm

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                  Please pass over some of what ever you've been smoking dude. It seems to be good $h*t!
                  What's so wrong about what he said though? This Sweden team is pretty damn sh!t..

They still have a decent chance to make it out of the group stages considering the easy group they got.

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
                    What's so wrong about what he said though? This Sweden team is pretty damn sh!t..

They still have a decent chance to make it out of the group stages considering the easy group they got.
                    I mean if you look at their previous 10 games these are their best games. I don't think that's shit at all.

Sweden 3 - Portugal 2
                    Sweden 2 - France 1
                    Sweden 1 - Italy 0
                    Sweden 0 - Italy 0

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
                      I wouldn't go that far saying we are better than Sweden.
                      Originally posted by Sly View Post
                      For starter's I watched both legs of the playoff fixture between Italy and Sweden and Sweden were piss poor in both legs and very lucky to make it to the world cup. They were outplayed in both legs especially in the game played in Milan. In that game they had 26% possession to Italy's 76%, 4 total shots to Italy's 27, 120 accurate passes compared to Italy's 578, a pass success rate of 52% to Italy's 85%. They were piss poor against a struggling Italian side that did everything but put the ball in the net because of poor finishing. You guys want to tell me this side is as good or better than Iran? No fucking way.

Further you can see below that our squad is certainly stronger than Sweden's"

Sweden's starting 11 in their most recent official match vs Italy:

Strikers:
                      Marcus Berg: plays for Al Ain in the UAE (All of our strikers are better than this guy)
                      Ola Toivonene: Rides the bench for a bottom placed French team (All of our strikers are better than this guy)

Midfielders:
                      Sebastian Larsson: Plays for struggling championship side Hull City (We have better midfielders)
                      Jakob Johansson: Bench player for AEK Athens (We have better midfielders)
                      Viktor Claesson: Regular for Russian side FC Krasnodar (decent pedigree, nothing our guys can't at least match)
                      Emil Forsberg: Just started establishing himself for Bundesliga side RasenBallsport Leipzig (decent pedigree, Jahanbakhsh can match him)

Defense:
                      LB: Ludwig Augustinsson: Regular for struggling Werder Bremen (Milad Mohammadi is much better)
                      CB: Andreas Granqvist: Regular for FC Krasnodar (decent pedigree, but our guys can match him)
                      CB: Victor Nilsson Lindelof: Regular for Manchester United (strong pedigree, only player on Sweden we might not be able to match)
                      RB: Mikael Lustig: Regular for Celtic (Ghafouri or Rezaeian are just as good)

GK: Robin Olsen: FC Kobenhavn goal keeper (Not very good, our guys can match him)

Comment

For starter's I watched both legs of the playoff fixture between Italy and Sweden and Sweden were piss poor in both legs and very lucky to make it to the world cup. They were outplayed in both legs especially in the game played in Milan. In that game they had 26% possession to Italy's 76%, 4 total shots to Italy's 27, 120 accurate passes compared to Italy's 578, a pass success rate of 52% to Italy's 85%. They were piss poor against a struggling Italian side that did everything but put the ball in the net because of poor finishing. You guys want to tell me this side is as good or better than Iran? No fucking way.

Strikers:
                        Marcus Berg: plays for Al Ain in the UAE (All of our strikers are better than this guy)
                        Ola Toivonene: Rides the bench for a bottom placed French team (All of our strikers are better than this guy)

Midfielders:
                        Sebastian Larsson: Plays for struggling championship side Hull City (We have better midfielders)
                        Viktor Claesson: Regular for Russian side FC Krasnodar (decent pedigree, nothing our guys can't at least match)
                        Emil Forsberg: Just started establishing himself for Bundesliga side RasenBallsport Leipzig (decent pedigree, Jahanbakhsh can match him)

Defense:
                        LB: Ludwig Augustinsson: Regular for struggling Werder Bremen (Milad Mohammadi is much better)
                        CB: Andreas Granqvist: Regular for FC Krasnodar (decent pedigree, but our guys can match him)
                        CB: Victor Nilsson Lindelof: Regular for Manchester United (strong pedigree, only player on Sweden we might not be able to match)

GK: Robin Olsen: FC Kobenhavn goal keeper (Not very good, our guys can match him)
                        I would say like this, both teams are equal in many aspects, they are more alike than diffrent. With that being said, Sweden is a more prestigous Team when it comes to the World Cup. Sweden has one of its worst squads in its history even though they made it to the world cup. Kinda reminds me of a team melli which made it to the WC 4 years ago with a certain coach that kinda played the same way Janne is playing with Sweden.

Sweden wasnt lucky to make it, Sweden had a plan and they were able to beat Poggy Ba and Buffon.

At the end of the day both countries have many talents but I would say on the offensive perspective Iran is stronger, but Sweden has better deffenders overall. GK same level, Midfield = Emil Forsberg(your description of him wasnt fair, he was one of the best players in Bundesliga last season) > all Team Melli players. Offense, well here Iran wins clearly unless Alexander Isak has an amazing spring and becomes top scorer for Dortmund which wont happen. Seeing how we got Karim, Rezaei, Sardar(sure his form is crap but he always scores for team melli) and Ghoddos.

Comment

They have a shit team, and even shittier country than us. Stop overrating them lot.

Comment

Strikers:
                            Midfielders:
                            Defense:
                            LOL@ your comparisons. In which logic does playing for the bottom side Werder Bremen for example, automatically mean Milad Mohammadi is a better player?

You are talking as if Iran would have had a much better stats against Italy than Sweden did. Just look at pdot's post. In which world could Iran with its best squad and form, win against Portugal, France and Italy in WCQ games where teams have to give their all?

and finally, our group is a very difficult group. More difficult than Sweden's. But they are grouped with Germany, Mexico and South Korea. Change Sweden with Iran and how would that group be an easy group for us? Even in this group we would struggle to advance.

Some of you guys need some major reality check sometimes.

Comment

Ghoddos just scored in a cup game against Åtvidaberg!

Comment

Maybe some of you have an inferiority complex visavis Europeans ao? Sweden is world class and we are Bangladesh according to people with this kind of mentality. Iran can own Sweden anytime and anywhere

Comment

Working...
                                X