Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interview with Saman regarding his decision to join Team Melli, growing up in Sweden, and the response from his final decision:

"Sweaters with Iranian idols
    The 24-year-old grew up in Malmö with a green, white and red-striped flag hanging on the wall of the boy's room.
    "Brorsan had a similar inside of him. I began to think of Iran's national team already as a child.
    He saw as much to the Iranian legendaries as Zlatan Ibrahimovic and other blue-haired lyricists.
    - Ali Daei and Ali Karimi, Asia's Maradona. Pooh. So good. We walked around with their names on the shirts.
    So when Ghoddos suddenly was interested in federals - it was certainly not applicable two years ago when playing for Syrians in the superstar - he immediately realized that it would be difficult.
    - What should I choose? What if both come? I was talking to the family, with the friends. Some screamed: "Sweden", others were hoping for Iran. I tried to get in everything.

How are you?
    - It was terribly difficult. I did not know what to think or think. I had never been to Iran, but I still love the country. We celebrate all Persian traditions at home in Sweden and eat Persian food all the time.
    But when Janne Andersson called Ghoddos to the January Tour, he did not have a thought of saying no.
    "I was so extremely happy. I tried to do my best and really struggle.
    Once back on Swedish soil, he once again began to rub.
    - Everyone asked me all the time what I wanted to do.
    Eventually he gave himself a deadline. If he was sold to a foreign club during the summer, which he wanted first, he would decide directly.
    "But I was never sold and got even more time to think. It was a huge pressure.

"Then you can not say no"
    When did you decide?
    - At the end of the summer, Iran's federation Carlos Queiroz (with a background in Manchester United and Real Madrid) called. He has done masterpiece with Iran and everyone loves him. It's a hero, says Ghoddos, losing in a statement about how a defensively disciplined Iran deserved to move on from the group play in the World Cup 2014.

What did he say?
    "He called me like an ordinary coach. We spoke English and he explained how he looked at me as a player. What plans he has for me. It felt like when Graham Potter wanted me to Östersund. Then one can not say no, not if he believes in me so much.

What did he press on?
    "He was clear about what system Iran uses. What position I fit in. "It will not be easy," he said, because Ashka Dejagah, 31, plays the same place.
    Far down in Iran, Dejagah, with clubs like Wolfsburg, Hertha Berlin and Fulham in the luggage, was surprised at Ghoddos. Although they competed for the same place in the team, the team captain took care of him.
    "He was really cool, despite the fact that we are talking about the same position. Everyone actually took care of me as if I were one in the family.

"Remove me from here!"

Then it's like Ghoddos suddenly remembers something terrible. The veins are blurred, tearing his eyes and looking like he chews a really sour caramel.
    - That damn interview, so.
    He had tried to point out early for the Iranian national team that his Persian was ... rusty.
    "You're so bad" always tell everyone in Sweden to me. "Okay, okay, I'm not very good," I thought, he tells and continues:
    - But I was a fan worse than I thought. They laughed at my Persian down there. I understood that it is a disaster. The grammar, the break, the dialect ... everything.
    It does not get any better that the League immediately made him do a big TV interview.
    - I told them that my Persian was bad. "Please talk slowly," I applauded.
    Instead, they messed up with just hell with questions and Ghoddos immediately lost their minds. He tried to look desperately at the media manager of the Iranian federation, but did not hear anything.
    "With my eyes I shouted:" Remove me from here! ". He did not see me. I even spoke Swedish during the interview when I did not understand.
    Ghoddos breathes out before concluding the situation.
    - I was ashamed of me. I was lucky I had the chance to make a better interview - which was not live - a little later. It was important to show that I can shout and talk without being nervous.

27,000 new Insta followers in a week
    Iran is already qualified for the World Cup 2018 and the country's most popular sports team. When a new and too many unknown players suddenly appear in the national team battle, many are curious on the verge of manic.
    - I get thousands of comments. Continuously! They wish me good luck and wonder when I will be taken to the squad next time. They are sickly passionate. My followers at Instagram went from 5000 to 32,000 in a week."

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...-och-forradare

Comment

Originally posted by Hoorad View Post
      Zamboor is secretly Saman Ghoddos comfirmed!
      don't think so, Zambor is Azari thought!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aenima_8 View Post
        Interview with Saman regarding his decision to join Team Melli, growing up in Sweden, and the response from his final decision:

"Sweaters with Iranian idols
        The 24-year-old grew up in Malmö with a green, white and red-striped flag hanging on the wall of the boy's room.
        "Brorsan had a similar inside of him. I began to think of Iran's national team already as a child.
        He saw as much to the Iranian legendaries as Zlatan Ibrahimovic and other blue-haired lyricists.
        - Ali Daei and Ali Karimi, Asia's Maradona. Pooh. So good. We walked around with their names on the shirts.
        So when Ghoddos suddenly was interested in federals - it was certainly not applicable two years ago when playing for Syrians in the superstar - he immediately realized that it would be difficult.
        - What should I choose? What if both come? I was talking to the family, with the friends. Some screamed: "Sweden", others were hoping for Iran. I tried to get in everything.

How are you?
        - It was terribly difficult. I did not know what to think or think. I had never been to Iran, but I still love the country. We celebrate all Persian traditions at home in Sweden and eat Persian food all the time.
        But when Janne Andersson called Ghoddos to the January Tour, he did not have a thought of saying no.
        "I was so extremely happy. I tried to do my best and really struggle.
        Once back on Swedish soil, he once again began to rub.
        - Everyone asked me all the time what I wanted to do.
        Eventually he gave himself a deadline. If he was sold to a foreign club during the summer, which he wanted first, he would decide directly.
        "But I was never sold and got even more time to think. It was a huge pressure.

"Then you can not say no"
        When did you decide?
        - At the end of the summer, Iran's federation Carlos Queiroz (with a background in Manchester United and Real Madrid) called. He has done masterpiece with Iran and everyone loves him. It's a hero, says Ghoddos, losing in a statement about how a defensively disciplined Iran deserved to move on from the group play in the World Cup 2014.

What did he say?
        "He called me like an ordinary coach. We spoke English and he explained how he looked at me as a player. What plans he has for me. It felt like when Graham Potter wanted me to Östersund. Then one can not say no, not if he believes in me so much.

What did he press on?
        "He was clear about what system Iran uses. What position I fit in. "It will not be easy," he said, because Ashka Dejagah, 31, plays the same place.
        Far down in Iran, Dejagah, with clubs like Wolfsburg, Hertha Berlin and Fulham in the luggage, was surprised at Ghoddos. Although they competed for the same place in the team, the team captain took care of him.
        "He was really cool, despite the fact that we are talking about the same position. Everyone actually took care of me as if I were one in the family.

"Remove me from here!"

Then it's like Ghoddos suddenly remembers something terrible. The veins are blurred, tearing his eyes and looking like he chews a really sour caramel.
        - That damn interview, so.
        He had tried to point out early for the Iranian national team that his Persian was ... rusty.
        "You're so bad" always tell everyone in Sweden to me. "Okay, okay, I'm not very good," I thought, he tells and continues:
        - But I was a fan worse than I thought. They laughed at my Persian down there. I understood that it is a disaster. The grammar, the break, the dialect ... everything.
        It does not get any better that the League immediately made him do a big TV interview.
        - I told them that my Persian was bad. "Please talk slowly," I applauded.
        Instead, they messed up with just hell with questions and Ghoddos immediately lost their minds. He tried to look desperately at the media manager of the Iranian federation, but did not hear anything.
        "With my eyes I shouted:" Remove me from here! ". He did not see me. I even spoke Swedish during the interview when I did not understand.
        Ghoddos breathes out before concluding the situation.
        - I was ashamed of me. I was lucky I had the chance to make a better interview - which was not live - a little later. It was important to show that I can shout and talk without being nervous.

27,000 new Insta followers in a week
        Iran is already qualified for the World Cup 2018 and the country's most popular sports team. When a new and too many unknown players suddenly appear in the national team battle, many are curious on the verge of manic.
        - I get thousands of comments. Continuously! They wish me good luck and wonder when I will be taken to the squad next time. They are sickly passionate. My followers at Instagram went from 5000 to 32,000 in a week."

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...-och-forradare
        Didn't he say in one of his first interviews that he never talked to CQ over the phone, but only through text messages?

Comment

Anyone know why Saman isn't in the match squad today?

Comment

Originally posted by greenguy4life View Post
            Anyone know why Saman isn't in the match squad today?
            Europa League this week

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
              Europa League this week
              True. Plus it is an away fixture. Potter is playing a lot of reserves. Rest the beast.

Comment

They will play hertha at the Jamtkraft Arena on thursday. A win will put them in a strong position to qualify for next round already. If saman scores which he will, I think we may see hertha rekindle the interest they had in him last year...

Comment

Östersunds to win the whole fucking thing!

Comment

The Swedish NT head coach has invited Saman Ghoddos to the upcoming WC qualifiers. Ghoddos has replied that he needs to think about it for a few days and is expected to give his response on Friday at the latest.

To be continued...
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Soorakhian View Post
                      The Swedish NT head coach has invited Saman Ghoddos to the upcoming WC qualifiers. Ghoddos has replied that he needs to think about it for a few days and is expected to give his response on Friday at the latest.

To be continued...
                      He better not snake

Comment

Time to show what he's made of

Comment

Can we get a source for this?

Im pretty sure once you change nationality in FIFA you can't go back even if you haven't played.

Comment

This is exactly what I was worried about :|

Comment

Originally posted by Soorakhian View Post

To be continued...
                              Very weird thing to do when Saman is on the verge to choose Iran! And even more weird that he wants to think about this!!
                              Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                              O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

lot of reports about this in Swedish media. According to Aftonbladet, he's will get back to the coach on Friday about his final decision.

Comment

Working...
                                X