Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^At least his papers are done so that's good! In the next friendly, he can play!

Comment

He will most likely play against Russia in Oct.

Comment

"Paperwork stopped Ghoddos Iran debut: "Great job to check out the stands"

Saman Ghoddos has just returned from his first national team meeting with Iran. However, there was no playing time when the Iranian League did not get through the papers with Fifa.
        "Of course, I was sad because I could not play," Ghoddos told the Football Channel.

Saman Ghoddos, who played for Sweden's national team during the January Tournament, chose to have been contacted by the Iranian League to represent Iran at the national level.

The Ostersund assassin is now home from his first collection with the country, in South Korea and at home in Tehran. Two crosses were the result of the already World Cup-ready country, but for Saman Ghoddos it became no game.

- Unfortunately, the papers were screaming. Of course I was sad because I could not play. It's really great to look out from the stands when you just want to jump in and help. So it was sad, says Ghoddos to the football channel.

However, there was an opportunity to play against Syria on Tuesday, but when it came to the last minute, the federation Carlos Queiroz, formerly assistant coach of Sir Alex Ferguson in Manchester United, chose not to throw in Ghoddos.

"During the match against Syria, everything became clear. But I had a good snack with the coach and we did not want to risk anything for my sake. There was so much that would sue. I was approved just the same day as a match, I think the coach had taken out the team and so already to have to respect that too. I think everything is ready now anyway, says the assailant.

Although there was no game, Ghoddos looks very positive at the national team.
        "It has been really good. It has been fun to meet everyone in the team and see all the facilities and everything with the coaches. It has been fun and important as well, "says 24-year-old.

What did you get for the impression of the team?
        - The impression I have gained is that it is a very good team, very disciplined. It was the first thing that struck me that everyone really warred for each other. Then it's very good players, there are many who are in Europe and are doing very well. So that's a good team we have.

Iran was third country, following the host nation Russia and Brazil, to be ready for the World Cup next summer. Ghoddos, of course, is dreaming of representing the country in the championship, but is determined to be tough.
        "I'm really excited to play the World Cup. I think it's a dream for anyone who plays soccer. But of course it will be difficult, it is a very tough task. I have to continue to perform and that's what my plan is also, to continue performing so maybe I'll be called again.

How do you look at the chances of joining Russia?
        - Yes, I have to believe that. I think they are quite big. What I've done now, especially outside Europe, I've still done and scored and done well. So I think my chances are great.

There have been some intense weeks for Saman Ghoddos. After pushing Östersund into the European League with double goals at home against Paok, a national team leader with Iran then followed. Now the AFC is waiting for Jämtkraft Arena when all Sweden starts again on Saturday. A few problems to reload it does not have Ghoddos.
        "I have not played with the national team now, so I'm very happy and I have a lot of energy and want to show me," says 24-year-old.

In AFC Eskilstuna's goal is a familiar face for Ghoddos national team mate Alireza Haghighi.
        - We shared the same room and we have been talking a lot. He thinks they win and I say we will win. If I play, which I hope, I'll shoot some balls on him, "Ghoddos told the Football Channel.

https://www.fotbollskanalen.se/lands...fran-laktaren/

Comment

Ghoddos vs Haghighi has started buy Ghoddos isn't starting...

Comment

Originally posted by greenguy4life View Post
            Ghoddos vs Haghighi has started buy Ghoddos isn't starting...
            He started the match but has been substitued in 55th minute.

Edit: Forza app fucked up Saman didn't start but has been in the game since 55th minute.
            Last edited by Erfan11; 09-09-2017, 09:03 AM.
            Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things and no good thing ever dies.

Comment

Originally posted by Erfan11 View Post
              And he's just scored a very nice goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Erfan11 View Post
                No he was subbed in on the 55th minute I'm watching the game

Comment

Ostersunds 3rd goal on Haghighi is the most typical goal he will concede every time TM opponents try this tactic

Comment

Ghoddos' goal

https://www.fotbollskanalen.se/video...int-samarbete/

Comment

He said he'd do it

Comment

Originally posted by TAJ_LIVERPOOL View Post
                        He said he'd do it
                        Mystic Saman

Comment

Is it just me or is anyone else afraid that Saman might keep getting better in the next few months and get called up by Sweden again? Since we weren't able to play him due to AFC & FIFA's incompetence he has a choice between NT's.

Comment

4 things guaranteed in life

-Death
                            -Taxes
                            -Someone making this joke
                            -Ghoddos scoring

Comment

Originally posted by TAJ_LIVERPOOL View Post
                              Is it just me or is anyone else afraid that Saman might keep getting better in the next few months and get called up by Sweden again? Since we weren't able to play him due to AFC & FIFA's incompetence he has a choice between NT's.
                              he's going to think about the long term. With iran he will be a guaranteed starter in 2018 and 2022 world cups especially with shojaeis retirement. With Sweden it's not even guaranteed they will make either world cup. He will be a big fish in a small pond here and I really think that's what he wants. Same with Wilfred Zaha for the Ivory Coast, Nuri Sahnin for Turkey, Iwobi for Nigeria. These players put world cup appearances ahead of pride of certain nation. At the end of the day international tournaments are all about extending a players brand and enabling the player to sign for a bigger club
                              Please watch and Subscribe:

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                                4 things guaranteed in life

-Death
                                -Taxes
                                -Someone making this joke
                                -Ghoddos scoring
                                5. -Iranianarsenal11 stealing my jokes... JK love you bro

Comment

Working...
                                X