This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sarbaze-Vatan View Post
    With respect to the opinion of all people, you should accept that we were lucky to avoid Japan and Saudi Arabia.

WCQ 1994: Saudi Arabia beat Iran 4-3 and qualified instead of us.

AC 1996: They beat us in penalties in the semi-final.

WCQ 1998: They collected 4 points against us and qualified as winner of the group and we finished second.

WCQ 2002: They finished ahead of us and caused us to miss the WC.

WCQ 2010: They collected 4 points against us and finished above us.

So it seems that they have upper hand against us. Now were not we lucky to avoid them?

WCQ 1998: Japan qualified by winning 3-2 against Iran in extra time.

AC 2004: They finished above us in the group stage of the AC.

WCQ 2006: They topped the group and we finished second. Note that both Iran and Japan got 3 points against each other.

Were not we lucky to avoid them?

Note that we were also lucky to avoid Australia.

CQ must shows his coaching abilities more at the WC because a lot of below average foreign coaches can qualify Iran to the from a group that there is Australia, Japan, and Saudi Arabia.
    We wouldn't get all 3 of Japan, Aussie and Saudi at same time, worst case scenario could have been Japan, Iran, Saudi, UAE, Iraq and Thailand. We did well most of the time against Japan, my only concern would have been about Saudi. We also did well against like Iraq, UAE and Thailand.
    Is this group easier? Yes it is. But it seems Karimi forgot we choked with one of the most talented TM in 2002 in which he missed at least 2-3 golden chances against Ireland!

Comment

With respect to the opinion of all people, you should accept that we were lucky to avoid Japan and Saudi Arabia.

WCQ 1994: Saudi Arabia beat Iran 4-3 and qualified instead of us.

AC 1996: They beat us in penalties in the semi-final.

WCQ 1998: They collected 4 points against us and qualified as winner of the group and we finished second.

WCQ 2002: They finished ahead of us and caused us to miss the WC.

WCQ 2010: They collected 4 points against us and finished above us.

So it seems that they have upper hand against us. Now were not we lucky to avoid them?

WCQ 1998: Japan qualified by winning 3-2 against Iran in extra time.

AC 2004: They finished above us in the group stage of the AC.

WCQ 2006: They topped the group and we finished second. Note that both Iran and Japan got 3 points against each other.

Were not we lucky to avoid them?

Note that we were also lucky to avoid Australia.

CQ must shows his coaching abilities more at the WC because a lot of below average foreign coaches can qualify Iran to the from a group that there is Australia, Japan, and Saudi Arabia.
      With all due respect, you should not ignore that our TM today is unlike any team melli we have had before which makes comparisons to things like back in 2006 and prior pretty useless. And it doesn't matter who is in our group TM now a days plays with an actual game plan rather than send 11 egos on to the pitch and tell them to just win.

Comment

A comment in bigsoccer by a non-Iranian fan before the draw of the Final round for WCQ 2018 in AFC:

Well, as if playing at your home stadium against Saudis will make any difference?

I suppose you were born in 1998, so you don't know anything about Saudis having the upper hand against Iran in the history of their clashes

In 1994 WCQ they defeated you.

In 1996 they knocked you out in the semi-final.

In 1998 WCQ they collected 4 points from you.

In 2002 WCQ they topped the group and you finished second, missing on a place in 2002 WC.

In 2010 WCQ they defeated you in your home soil, collecting 4 points from you, despite not being in their best.

So are you still not scared of them?

Comment

The same non-Iranian fan posted the following comment right after the draw for the final round of the WCQ 2018 in AFC:

The most balanced draw anyone can wish for.

Group A:

Iran shall be happy because they avoided Japan and Saudi, while getting Syria means an automatic 6 points for them.

Korea will face difficulties against almost all of their group opponents.

Uzbeks might be the dark horse.

China can make problems for any team, especially Iran and Korea because of their historical rivalry + they tend to step up against big teams, and surely they can upset Uzbekistan as they did in the last Asian Cup.

Uzbeks and Chinese might not qualify, but they will play key roles in deciding the identity of the qualifiers.

Qatar... oh..... I think they get the hardest possible draw for them, Uzbeks will be harder than Saudis, Chinese harder than UAE and Syria harder than Thais.

So I really think they have 0 chance even to reach the play-off, unless they benefited from other results.

Syria is clearly the weakest team in this group, but they surely can get some points from the Uzbeks, Chinese and Qataris, they might at least decide the identity of the team who will finish 3rd and advance to the play-off.

Group B:

With 3 Arab teams, especially with UAE's golden generation which already knocked out Japan in the last Asian Cup, Saudi with Bert Van Marwijk as their manager, and the never-say-die Iraqis, anything could happen in this group.

I think Japan will be the favourite, as they are better than Australia in handling teams from middle east.

So I expect Japan either to top the group or at least finish second, while Australia might find it difficult even to finish in second place, and a play-off spot might be a big possibility.

UAE and Saudi will be contenders for one of the top 3 spots.

While the best Iraq can aim for is 3rd place.

Thailand has 0 chance to either qualify or finish 3rd, but they shall make problems for some teams, especially Iraq and the Aussies (who will find it tough to adapt to the weather in South East Asia, as was the case in 2007 Asian Cup).

Good Luck for all teams involved (and especially for Japan)

I was agree with everything he said except couple things and one of them was that getting Syria means automatic 6 points.

Comment

Originally posted by pres80 View Post
            With all due respect, you should not ignore that our TM today is unlike any team melli we have had before which makes comparisons to things like back in 2006 and prior pretty useless. And it doesn't matter who is in our group TM now a days plays with an actual game plan rather than send 11 egos on to the pitch and tell them to just win.
            Except the bolded part, I agree with you. We were lucky to avoid Australia, Japan, and Saudi Arabia whether you want to accept it or not.

http://www.tasnimnews.com/fa/news/13...86%D8%B4%D8%AF

Comment

Except the bolded part, I agree with you. We were lucky to avoid Australia, Japan, and Saudi Arabia whether you want to accept it or not.

Or maybe Australia, Japan, and Saudi Arabia were lucky to avoid Iran, the team that that hasn't lost to an Asian side in 4 years, the only team to not concede in the final round, and not even give up a shot on goal vs Uzbekistan and Korea....

It wasn't possible to draw those three together anyways

Comment

That's your opinion but right now Australia is not playing well, the last time we played Japan we played quite well and drew 1-1 and personally I think Japan and Korea are interchangeable right now and finally just as TM is not the TM of old, the same is with KSA, they are a far cry from what they used to be and personally I rate Uzbeks much higher than them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
                  http://90tv.ir/video/323114/%D9%85%D...B1%D9%88%D8%B4

ali karimi janjali interview from today. very rare interview that ali talks for 15min with anyone
                  Wait so Karimi is complaining that TM has bare minimum resources provided compared to before when they weren't?!

We should not be comparing our piece of dog shit that we have now compared to our piece of horse shit that we used to have and say "TM has much better shit than they used to, how dare they complain!"

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                    We wouldn't get all 3 of Japan, Aussie and Saudi at same time, worst case scenario could have been Japan, Iran, Saudi, UAE, Iraq and Thailand. We did well most of the time against Japan, my only concern would have been about Saudi. We also did well against like Iraq, UAE and Thailand.
                    Is this group easier? Yes it is. But it seems Karimi forgot we choked with one of the most talented TM in 2002 in which he missed at least 2-3 golden chances against Ireland!
                    I agree about the worst case scenario. However the cool thing is that we did not get any of these three teams Australia, Japan, and Saudi Arabia. Note that Saudi Arabia got 10 points from its first 4 matches in a tougher group than us and they have a world class coach Bert Van Marwijk who finished second with Netherlands at the WC 2010 and won the UEFA cup with Feyenoord FC. So as a head coach his achievements were bigger than CQ. Again we should be happy to not be drawn with any of these 3 teams Australia, Japan, and Saudi Arabia

Comment

Originally posted by ali alipour View Post
                      Or maybe Australia, Japan, and Saudi Arabia were lucky to avoid Iran, the team that that hasn't lost to an Asian side in 4 years, the only team to not concede in the final round, and not even give up a shot on goal vs Uzbekistan and Korea....

It wasn't possible to draw those three together anyways
                      I read the opinions of Saudi Arabia fans before the draw even in the Arabic websites. Despite the recent tensions between these two countries, they were praying to get Iran over Australia. They believed that they would have finished above us by beating us like AC 1984. 1988,1996, WCQ 1994,1998,2002,2010 but they did not give themselves much chance to finish above Australia.

Most Japanese preferred to get Iran over Australia.

I know but it was possible to be drawn with two of them and I thank God that it did not happen.

Comment

Originally posted by pres80 View Post
                        That's your opinion but right now Australia is not playing well, the last time we played Japan we played quite well and drew 1-1 and personally I think Japan and Korea are interchangeable right now and finally just as TM is not the TM of old, the same is with KSA, they are a far cry from what they used to be and personally I rate Uzbeks much higher than them.
                        It seems that you are proud of that 1-1 draw against Japan at home!!! If that is the case then It is sad. Do you remember the second leg of Iran vs. Ireland match where we totally dominated Ireland and beat them 1-0 at home? That is the type of performance and result I would like to see from our team against top Asian sides at home. Netherlands, Portugal, Germany, and Spain failed to do what we did against Ireland in the second leg but sadly the childish mistakes by Rezaei and Karimi in Dublin did cost us deadly.

An opinion of a Japanese fan after our friendly game against Japan:

Not gonna lie, expected way more from Iran. I would expect Iran to win at home, or at least he capable of scoring on our rubbish defence outside a PK. Pretty disappointed.

Comment

Iran leads the all time series vs. Soosmar Saudi Arabia 5-6-4 just for your information.
                          If it was not for Saudi soosmar money , bribery of the AFC and Fifa and the help of their soosmar Arab brothers of the
                          Persian gulf , you would have never had any real success against Iran,winning the Asian cup or gone to the WC as many times.
                          Now I pray that we can meet each other And play a game in a neutral ground , since you all are nothing but bunch of pussies and scared to death to play us in any kind of official FIFA match where god forbid you would have to travel to Tehran !!!!!!
                          That is for sure

Comment

It seems that you are proud of that 1-1 draw against Japan at home!!! If that is the case then It is sad. Do you remember the second leg of Iran vs. Ireland match where we totally dominated Ireland and beat them 1-0 at home? That is the type of performance and result I would like to see from our team against top Asian sides at home. Netherlands, Portugal, Germany, and Spain failed to do what we did against Ireland in the second leg but sadly the childish mistakes by Rezaei and Karimi in Dublin did cost us deadly.

An opinion of a Japanese fan after our friendly game against Japan:

Not gonna lie, expected way more from Iran. I would expect Iran to win at home, or at least he capable of scoring on our rubbish defence outside a PK. Pretty disappointed.
                            Ok so many points. I will address each one separately.

1. Yes I am proud of the 1-1 draw against Japan because I can look past the result particularly in a friendly game where we played well and even more added on top because it came during the rebuilding of TM infused with so many young players.

2. Again TM in the past had no game plan, the reason why there are only a handful of games from the past that stand out like that is because it was always just 11 individuals on the pitch (who were very talented, arguably more talented than our current players). We have been doing exactly what you are saying here in terms of performance against asian teams. Just look at the last two games and how Korea and Uzbek were completely shut out. Don't forget how many of the Korean players play in top European leagues.

3. I don't really consider this a valid point particularly when it is quoting fans on forums, just look through any thread here on PFDC for example and you will have ample evidence. Also Japan's "rubbish" defense...that there disqualifies the statement for me already particularly when Japan was widely considered the best team in asia at that time.

Comment

it's ok if Saudi fans believe that their team is above Team Melli, pls don't forget:

TEAM MELLI UNTIL THE END

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                                Really sad interview. I don't know why he's doing this.
                                indeed, like i said before he just needs to crawl back to his retirement hole, or either attend to personal shitt or go full focus on coaching classes etc..and leave the whole popular football scene temporarily (even commentating) for time being..!
                                He is way too diplomatically raw and overly emotional and all so frequently gets easily manipulated by our shroud media into making self-damaging , ignorant and hashiei comments..!!
                                Currently, he is immensely destroying his own hard-earned, very impressive TM Playing and heroic legacy with one idiotic mosahebe after another..!! and honestly its just painfully sad for me to witness my longtime TM hero Mighty AK8 Fall so rapidly from grace like this..!!

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
                                Notice how he talks as if TM is already qualified for the WC. He's saying we should think about preparations for the WC not worry about our remaining fixtures.
                                I don't know if thats the right mentality. I mean yes we should always prepare for the future but to think we've already qualified would be a terrible mistake.
                                indeed, that was the dumbest shitt he uttered in that interview..!!
                                &That is precisely the ignorant mentality that has severely damaged and prevented our football progress for decades pre CQ arrival..!!
                                that and his claim that since TM somewhat is better attended to and treated these days compared to the old days that we should be content with still relatively crap status quo and not strive for still much needed improvement..!!

Comment

Working...
                                X