X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ali alipour View Post
    http://www.varzesh3.com/news/1364716...-مشخص-شد
    The ref for the Syria game will be Iraqi Ali Sabah
    This is weird. I thought we weren't supposed to have arab refs in games vs arab teams

Comment

Originally posted by ali alipour View Post
      http://www.varzesh3.com/news/1364716...-مشخص-شد
      The ref for the Syria game will be Iraqi Ali Sabah
      I am not a big fan of making conspiracy theories. However I doubt this pick was a wise decision by the AFC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

AFC logics was Iran Syria what's in between? Iraq! OK we put Iraqi ref.
        "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
          This is weird. I thought we weren't supposed to have arab refs in games vs arab teams
          Well, there are Arab refs and then there are ARAB refs! I suspect Iran wouldn't make a fuss about Lebanese, Syrian, Iraqi refs (read as Iran-friendly nations), but would protest Saudi, Bahraini, Qatari refs (read as Iran-unfriendly nations).

Comment

We will score and win against them, who cares.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
              Well, there are Arab refs and then there are ARAB refs! I suspect Iran wouldn't make a fuss about Lebanese, Syrian, Iraqi refs (read as Iran-friendly nations), but would protest Saudi, Bahraini, Qatari refs (read as Iran-unfriendly nations).
              None of those nations are "Iran friendly". You could make an argument for Oman, but otherwise I prefer refs from east Asia
              “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
                None of those nations are "Iran friendly". You could make an argument for Oman, but otherwise I prefer refs from east Asia
                The current geo-political standings (Iran support for Lebanon's Hezboallah, the Assad regime, and the current Iraqi government) argue against your statement.

Comment

THAILAND vs. IRAN

09th November 2016
                  Friendly International
                  Round 3

Rajamangala Stadium, Bangkok

Comment

I would only accepts a Yemeni Houthi Ref.
                    "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
                      I would only accepts a Yemeni Houthi Ref.
                      Trust me, for Arabs, when it comes to "Al Vatan al Arabi", even the Houthi one will whistle against us.

Comment

What has not been pointed out here is that we played two different teams verses our two top opponents in the last two games - both teams performed exceptionally well. Could you even imagine a year ago we would do this? Against a team playing away we take the core of the permanent team out and put in some new players in new roles, on top of that we play with only on defending midfielder away in a crucial game after a draw with China. In the process resting our core players for the Korea game. That is a master class that worked out well and credit has to go the CQ. I keep hearing that Korea is weak now but Korea can be compared only against the team they are competing against. And iran with fresher legs – due to the extra rest to some players – and with better game plan made them look weak.

CQ is showing conviction in the team and his players, he now is comfortable to push the boundaries with some comfort of success and surprise us with changes we didn't expect. The players are also starting to believe in that conviction in themselves and their team members. We can see that in their play, even when the formation, plans and opponents change the team still plays to plan and achieves success.

I think if allowed to continue with this cohort of players under CQ, this team Melli is going to usher the golden age of Iranian football.

Comment

Iran Thailand friendly ?.... nice! They are a good team. Very unlucky so far as ref was totally one sided with the Saudis! IMO playing Iraq in Iran would be very beneficial too as they play like Syria. Same physical "we don't care " attitude

Comment

Originally posted by GolfePersique View Post
                            Trust me, for Arabs, when it comes to "Al Vatan al Arabi", even the Houthi one will whistle against us.
                            Lol exactly. In the 80's, Palestine supported Iraq in the Iran-Iraq war and even Palestinian soldiers were sent to fight against us...after it was all over, IR starts sending money to Palestine and makes Palestine more important than Iran and Iranians...khak tu saremun

Comment

Originally posted by rezabmehr View Post
                              I don't think yellow cards carry over form WC group stages to friendlies or vise versa.
                              i read on iranian media he will be suspended if he get a yellow in syria game, along with ashkan and 2 more players

Comment

I don't know if it is the same case with this WCQ cycle, but I know that in the previous cycle for Brasil, yellow cards from the preliminary qualifying round rolled over into the final qualification round. Example: Ando's suspension in the away match vs. Lebanon. One of his yellow cards was from the prelim round.
                                Zendebahd Iran

Comment

Working...
                                X