This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
    How do they expect to make revenue then?
    one company has bought all the tickets and give them away for free for public

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
      I am not sure how

When I was in Iran and went to Iran-Qatar in Azadi , the match was also free For the public

Wow what match. That I will never forget [emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]
      Azadi ruined other stadiums for me.

So loud and crazy. Imagine if alcohol was allowed !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Stumbled onto this article on ESPN FC. It's from the time when AZ and Herenveen played each other in the league.
        It praises Gucci a lot and mentions our many strikers in Europe.

Didn't expect this from ESPN!

http://www.espnfc.com.au/team/iran/4...kers-in-europe

Reza Ghoochannejhad leads the way for Iranian strikers in Europe

Iran striker Reza Ghoochannejhad has scored 13 league goals in 22 matches for Heerenveen his season.
        Last Sunday was memorable for Iran's football fans around the world. In the Eredivisie, two top-six teams were lining up, with both featuring a striker from the West Asian nation. Alireza Jahanbakhsh was in AZ Alkmaar's attack, while Reza Ghoochannejhad was leading the line for SC Heerenveen. The former was on the winning team while the latter ended up on the scoresheet.

Iran have been Asia's top-ranked side for four years, and are well on course for a fifth World Cup appearance in 2018. "Team Melli," as Iran are known, also have an increasing number of attacking players active in Europe. Despite being regarded as the most defensively accomplished team in Asia, they also have an embarrassment of riches going forward.

As well as the Netherlands-based duo, there is the highly rated and much sought-after Sardar Azmoun in Russia with FC Rostov, who has been linked to Liverpool and other bigger clubs. And there's Karim Ansarifard, who recently joined Greek giants Olympiakos.

For any other Asian nation, Ghoochannejhad would, surely, be starting every week because he can't stop scoring in the Netherlands.
        Ghoochannejhad, who moved to the Netherlands as a child, is second in the Eredivisie scoring charts with Heerenveen. In 22 league appearances this season, "Gucci" has found the net 13 times, with the goal against AZ just the latest. The Dutch top tier may not be quite as formidable as years past, but the 29-year-old's tally shows that he is developing nicely after a varied club career.

"He's just a really good striker," teammate Martin Odegaard, on loan from Real Madrid, said last month. "If you give him the right supply, he will score goals and we have seen that this season. To score three against a top-three team was a fine achievement." The Norwegian was referring to a memorable display in January when Reza became the first player since 1978 to grab a hat trick away to PSV Eindhoven in a league game.
        Iran's Sardar Azmoun scored in FC Rostov's shock Champions League win over Bayern Munich in November.

It was a performance that would have earned greater praise had his team not fallen asleep at the back to let a 3-2 lead, with a few minutes remaining, turn into a 4-3 defeat. One point from the last four games has seen Heerenveen slip to sixth, but a top-four finish is still achievable.

"He scores goals when the team needs him," Iran coach Carlos Queiroz told ESPN FC in January. "There are not many Asian strikers who score regularly in Europe, and he has worked hard to get where he is. He is a team player who works hard in defence, but whatever the team's situation, he can get you a goal." Famously, he did so in June 2013. Picking up the ball just inside the South Korean half at the Ulsan Munsu Stadium, the then-Standard Liege man used his pace to set off for goal, kept his cool and slotted the ball past Jung Sung-Ryeong to send Iran to the 2014 World Cup.

In a hostile environment, the Mashad-born star delivered his goal with typical composure and calmness. He was on a hot streak and netted nine times in his first 11 internationals. He also scored Iran's only goal at the 2014 World Cup against Bosnia and Herzegovina. By that time, he was playing in the English Championship with Charlton Athletic. The London club were fighting against relegation, and the Iranian struggled for service and support. In two spells, he managed just five goals in 43 appearances, and he left just after they dropped down to League One. Given what was happening at the Valley, it may have been the wrong club at the wrong time.

He then returned to Heerenveen, where he had started out as a professional after coming up through the club's academy. That started a journey that led from the Netherlands to Belgium, England, Kuwait, Qatar and then back to England. Now home at Heerenveen, he seems settled and enjoying life. The right service, and playing alongside Sam Larsson in attack, helps too.

Next month, attention will turn back to Asian qualification for the 2018 World Cup. It now remains to be seen if his club form can help him recapture his automatic starting spot. Azmoun and Jahanbakhsh, respectively seven and six years younger, are getting more time these days, but with Ghoochannejhad continuing to find the target in the Netherlands, he has a chance. If it comes his way, he may well, once again, get the goals to take Iran to a World Cup.

Whatever happens, it is can only be good for Iranian football to have a number of strikers scoring goals in Europe.
        Last edited by pres80; 03-25-2017, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Iran – simply the best team in Asia
          Not since the old days of ‘1-0 to the Arsenal’ has a team looked as comfortable while sitting on a one-goal cushion as Iran do at the moment. It would have been fitting if that had been chanted by the almost 100,000 fans at the Azadi Stadium in Tehran on Tuesday.
          by John Duerden
          @JohnnyDuerden
          The win by that scoreline over China and Marcello Lippi keeps the team four points clear at the top of Group A with three games to go. A win over Uzbekistan at home on June 12 will be enough.
          How can it be that you score six goals in seven games yet you dominate your World Cup group to the extent that you are not only going to be the first in Asia to qualify but likely to do so with two games remaining?
          This is Iran on the road to Russia. This is a team that has yet to concede in 630 minutes of Group A football in the final round of qualification (look back to the second round and that extends to 928 minutes). This is a team that has recorded four 1-0 wins.
          Yet this is no Asian version of the often-dour Arsenal that ground their way to to English success in the late eighties and early nineties.
          It is a team that should have won most of them by more, because if they are guilty of anything, it is missing chances. This is despite having some of the best strikers in Asia. It is just that unlike many others, Iran don’t sweat it when the extra goals don’t come.
          This is just one of the reasons why Iran are not just the highest ranked team in Asia according to FIFA and have been for the last four years. Iran are simply the best team in Asia.
          It is not Australia, it is not South Korea and it is not Japan. It is Iran.
          Another is Carlos Queiroz. The coach has been in charge since 2011. There have been a few resignations along the way and more threats to resign and run-ins with the Iranian Football Federation (IFF) but the couple always get back together.
          They need each other. The IFF know that they are on the brink of a first-ever successive World Cup appearance and much of it is down to the coach. Officials may find him hard to deal with sometimes and he has a few enemies inside the body and at the Ministry of Sport.
          But when he delivers such professional performances and such consistent results, then they will shake his hand again and again, while checking out flights to Russia.
          The former Real Madrid coach complains about his employers too though in a much more public and open fashion. Yet the Mozambique-born manager loves the country, the fans and the team he has fashioned.
          Earlier this year he announced he was leaving, accusing the federation of failing to back him after his public row with Branko Ivankovic, coach of one of Tehran’s giant clubs Persepolis.
          He was never going to leave with Iran so close even then to a making history and qualifying for a first ever successive World Cup. Queiroz has come so far in Tehran and he is not about to give someone else a chance to lead the team to Russia and glory.
          Tooltip
          Carlos Queiroz has reason to celebrate.
          He has worked hard and it goes without saying that Team Melli are well-organised. The players know that the coach almost guarantees Russia and follow his instructions to the letter.
          Strikers such as Sardar Azmoun and Reza Ghoochannejhad are the envy of much of Asia. Then there is Alireza Jahan bakhsh and the under-rated Mehdi Taremi.
          Taremi is less eye-catching than the others and there were some mutterings about Queiroz selecting the Persepolis striker. Yet the 24-year-old works incredibly hard without the ball and when he has it, has found the net seven times during qualification so far.
          He is part of a hard-working and fine-tuned unit with talented players led by a competent coach. That is why Iran are the best team in Asia at the moment. It is not just a team that is going to go to the World Cup but it is the one team in the continent at the moment that has what it takes to perform well in Russia.
          This is the difference. If Australia, Korea and Japan qualify, there has been little so far to suggest that any one of these three has what it takes to reach the knockout stage.
          Iran can. This is not just about getting there –they are going to be there –but what happens when you arrive. If Iran get to the second round in Russia thanks to a string of 1-0 wins, nobody will be complaining.
          Iran are setting the standards and it is for the rest of Asia to catch up with the continent’s best team.
          http://www.foxsportsasia.com/footbal...-team-in-asia/

Edit: I think it is the best place to post this article. I didn't see Zandi posted this earlier in another thread but I am pretty sure we both got the article from the same source and same time (bigsoccer.com by Iranian Monitor)
          Last edited by PersianLegion; 03-29-2017, 05:35 AM.

Comment

So Nekounam, Aghajanian and Peyrovani didn't come back? Have they quit?

Comment

i heard something about, cq saying he didnt know some were thinking they were on vacation. but again i dont know if it was made up or not.

Comment

Markar was around since day 1 that is the shocker. Nekou suspended and Peyravani didnt even have a contract so...

Comment

Yeah I wonder what happened to aghajanian?

I only saw the translator, the fitness coach, the Gk coach, and oceano.

I don't think CQ wanted to get rid of them, they probably didn't get paid.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
                  AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Get these guys back man. Class acts all three of them and they can learn a lot from Querioz if they are going to stay with the national team after he leaves.

Comment

Originally posted by euphory View Post
                      i heard something about, cq saying he didnt know some were thinking they were on vacation. but again i dont know if it was made up or not.
                      @20:34
                      The journalist asked him if CQ released his staff due to lack quality - and CQ just made fun of the question saying I need to ask Ocean/Diego as I didn't know there are on their vacation; maybe they are just part of TM as tourists.

Formerly known as Persianking!
                      Follow me @
                      instagram/iranscout
                      instagram/nariman_iranscout

Comment

Well, if I recall when they extended CQ contract after the WC, part of extension deal was for Carlos to add a few IRANIAN Asst. Coaches to his staff...!
                        Something musta gone array recently on that clause, or may be CQ felt that IFF is looking to offload him & dressing up those domestic asst. coaching crew to replace him ..!??

It's odd that most all of the let-go & non-returning coaching staff are the Iranian ones. ..!

Comment

I had a feeling that once the TM matched were over we were gonna get distracted by the drama.

Let's just wait and get some real news once Taj meets with CQ.

Comment

Dan Gaspar's Situation:

Found this article on footbalitarin (it's by Khabar Onilne if anyone cares) regarding Dan Gaspar.

It says that Queiros was furious with Dan after Dan congratulated a Syrian player after the WCQ match. He shouted at him allegedly and sent him to the changing rooms (Peyrovani took him away from the field).

Apparently after that Queiros was not friendly with him and put him in the list with the others as not needed.

He has a $500 000 contract until end of 2018 with a $100 000 termination clause.

He is still in Tehran and attends the TM camp everyday and has been professional about the whole situation.

IFF will make a decision to terminate the contract or to use him in other TMs potentially.

You can read the article below:

http://footballitarin.com/link_page.php?id=349969
                            Last edited by pres80; 03-31-2017, 02:50 AM.

Comment

^ Wow.

Comment

wow, from one Point of view this is a sad ending, but I have to admit that I love the Passion of CQ and he was right to be mad. Just remeber how Iran was treated by AFC playing such a watergame.... In normal conditions there should be no problem to congratulate the opponet Team.

Comment

Working...
                                X