Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The next Iranian to transfer to the EPL is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember the 2013-14 season pretty well, because it was before the 2014 World Cup. The entire Fulham squad were crap but most of their players made pretty good transfers except for the ''best'' player Dejagah who went straight to the desert.

So maybe he hadn't that much of a good season as some describe here. I never rated him, he was average at best in all his games for Iran if you count out his debut against Qatar (where he was simply phenomenal) After that, he always looked sluggish.

If he was our best player, he would have created more assists / goals at WC 2014 and AC 2015 than only 1 assist out of 7 games (!).

He lacks stamina, he's also far from a professional, choosing money over career at age of 28 and driving drunk during the times of Iran's crucial upcoming qualifiers.

Jahanbakhsh is about to take his place. Currently I rate him higher than Dejagah.

Comment

Who cares having an Iranian in EPL. La liga, Bundesliga is much interesting for them.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
        Who cares having an Iranian in EPL. La liga, Bundesliga is much interesting for them.
        The EPL has much more coverage and attention. Plus most Iranians flopped there so having any of them succeed there really makes a statement. If Dejagah pulled it off I'm sure others can too.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWheels View Post
          The EPL has much more coverage and attention. Plus most Iranians flopped there so having any of them succeed there really makes a statement. If Dejagah pulled it off I'm sure others can too.
          I don't know about EPL, but what I do know is that Ezatollahi will be our most expensive and well-known player in 5 years. Sardar will be good, don't get me wrong, but there are many forwards in the world with quality, so Sardar will likely be in the conversation for top 20-30 strikers in the world. Jahanbakhsh is also in a very crowded and popular position.

A true, strong and tall CDM is a rarity in todays football. Seeing Ezatollahi doing spin-moves and dribbles to make space for himself at that size at 19-years-old makes me think this kid will truly be a household name in 5 years. I'm saying he will be a top-10 player in his position in 5 years. You can mark my words. The kid is a star, doesn't matter if he goes to EPL or not. I see him as a CDM for Bayern Munich in 5 years to be quite honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
            I don't know about EPL, but what I do know is that Ezatollahi will be our most expensive and well-known player in 5 years. Sardar will be good, don't get me wrong, but there are many forwards in the world with quality, so Sardar will likely be in the conversation for top 20-30 strikers in the world. Jahanbakhsh is also in a very crowded and popular position.

A true, strong and tall CDM is a rarity in todays football. Seeing Ezatollahi doing spin-moves and dribbles to make space for himself at that size at 19-years-old makes me think this kid will truly be a household name in 5 years. I'm saying he will be a top-10 player in his position in 5 years. You can mark my words. The kid is a star, doesn't matter if he goes to EPL or not. I see him as a CDM for Bayern Munich in 5 years to be quite honest.
            Lol "Top 10 Player". This isn't FIFA man.....

Don't get your hopes up, that said I think he'll be pretty good.

Comment

Lol "Top 10 Player". This isn't FIFA man.....

Don't get your hopes up, that said I think he'll be pretty good.
              Don't know what FIFA has to do with anything, but like I said, mark my words. Ezatollahi will be a starting CDM on a top-ranked team in the world in 5 years. That's why I'm saying he'll be "top 10."

Comment

Don't know what FIFA has to do with anything, but like I said, mark my words. Ezatollahi will be a starting CDM on a top-ranked team in the world in 5 years. That's why I'm saying he'll be "top 10."
                I'm gonna remember what you said and refer to it some day when you probably end up being wrong.

Comment

Well a lot of your hopes depend on Rostov making the UCL group stages, and playing against a Bayern, or a Barcelona etc.

It's the exact same way Egyptian, Mohammed Salah got signed by Chelsea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm gonna remember what you said and refer to it some day when you probably end up being wrong.
                    Is it just me, or are you an extremely competitive person? I'm saying my opinion based on what I've seen of the guy. Sorry if that disagrees with your opinions on the matter. I'll stand by what I say, but cool it with being so competitive.

I remember how you were trying to be so right and tell everyone Iran isn't going to be in FIFA. Why do you care so much? People are on a forum speaking about stuff they think, stop being so disagreeable and pessimistic.

Comment

Is it just me, or are you an extremely competitive person? I'm saying my opinion based on what I've seen of the guy. Sorry if that disagrees with your opinions on the matter. I'll stand by what I say, but cool it with being so competitive.
                      I remember how you were trying to be so right and tell everyone Iran isn't going to be in FIFA. Why do you care so much? People are on a forum speaking about stuff they think, stop being so disagreeable and pessimistic.
                      I'm pretty competitive... got that part right

Comment

It make me laugh people saying Dejagah has fitness issue lol. The guy was one of our best player in WC. His form dropped a bit since he joined Qatar League but he is still one of the best midfielder we have.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                          It make me laugh people saying Dejagah has fitness issue lol. The guy was one of our best player in WC. His form dropped a bit since he joined Qatar League but he is still one of the best midfielder we have.
                          He honestly isn't that good anymore, I wouldn't mind seeing him dropped soon either tbh.... unless he makes a transfer to Europe or MLS.

Comment

Originally posted by yashar_fasihnia View Post
                            ashkan was fulham's best player according to who? us iranians! the brits liked when he would come as a sub and turn around games but thats it! why else would he be on the bench every game and had no offers after fulham relegated? he did well when he came off the bench but these short stints is not considered a success in a league. Ando teymourian also scored a few goals for bolton and then fuzzed out...
                            successful is what nekounam or even shojaei experienced in la liga, or mahdavikia and hashemian experienced in bundesliga, or azmoun and jahanbakhsh are doing in their leagues. that is called success and helps in the future growth of our players.
                            even for the sake of argument if we say dejagah was successful in england, he came from the roots of german football and was an U-19 german national player and team mates with ozil and co. with all those qualities, this is the best he could do. how many such players do we have currently?? and the others i mentioned were not at all successful, so the risk is tooooo high for our players in Premier League, not worth it if they have other alternatives in rest of europe. i would like to see our players do wat nekounam mahdavikia hashemian did and wat jahanbakhsh and azmoun are doing, not wat ashkan or ando did in Premier Leage (dont even want to talk about gucci, kaebi and bagheri's experience lol) if u guys will be happy with seeing our players benched on relegating EPL teams and coming on as sub and scoring few goals, thats ur perogative.
                            true that
                            all that..!! especially the bit about Dejagha @ fulham
                            may be not the bit about Massoud at La Liga (he was either injured or benched 60-70% of his time there)
                            i followed Ashkan's spell at Fulham very closely and dont recall him at all as a regular starter for that team, in fact FAAR From it..!
                            to me real success in EPL is becoming a Regular Starter for your team..!! now that is one bitchin tough thing to do in that league and only some of the most fittest and most durable elite skilled talents of the game can muster that..!!
                            dont get me wrong, i like the EPL action and would love to have us an iranian repping in it, even if its in a very limited time basis, but EPL teams are mostly rich as fk, and British fans are some of the nastiest, flakiest and most impatient, closet-racist fans in the world..!!
                            Makes it hard as fk for an already-unfancied foreigner like an eyeRanian to ever make it in that league as regular starter..! competition for playing position is very high, even in mid-lower table teams there and very little patience afforded for new signees in order to get themselves acclimated to life and level/style of play there...!!

Comment

like how bagheri, teymourian, kaebi and gucci pulled it off right?? all of whom were among the best footballers iran has produced..
                              Originally posted by siavasharian
                              ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
                              بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

Working...
                              X