This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
    He should try and play the game in the Netherlands and get the approval to refuse the return leg in Israel

Minavand did that when Sturm played against Hapoel
    yeaup....!!
    he has a good enough excuse to avoid travel to israel and avoid the away leg.
    He needs to play the home match, just to make a point to IR ke oona ham kheyli shooresh kardan with their Anti-Jew antics.
    he has a professional commitment to his Club that stands Separate and well above any Political agenda of either side and being the consummate professional that he has been so far in his career, he would do whatever is asked of him by his coach in the home match..!!
    Im also sure IR would understand that they can not have expected anymore of him in regards to this situation, and will not make a big deal of it (kinda like how they ignored Ashkan's DUI) they'll likely sweep it under rug and let it die down ..!

Comment

He should be able to play the home game since he's representing a Dutch club and not an Iranian one. Unless IFF or I.R threatens him in some way or he himself really hates Israel but I doubt that.

Comment

It's a big loss for AZ if he can't play even only one leg, no Henriksen no JB

Comment

didn't vahid hash pick up an "injury" when it was his turn to go to israel with bayern? they'll probably do something like that. blatantly saying he doesn't want to play in israel could be bad for his career. it pretty much ruined any chance ashkan had of playing for germany.

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
            Damn it will be the first match against the Israelis, so he can't suspend himself for the match!

He needs to fake an injure (like a strained hamstring) for the first leg and he can get a suspension for the return leg.

It's not ideal, but he has to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Their games against Maccabi will be two back in back games on Matchday 3 and 4.

Comment

If his management is smart enough, this would be addressed immediately with AZ.

Comment

For obvious reasons he won't travel there.

Regarding the home game, he needs to sort it out between himself and the management.

We need him in TM so I don't want him to get any form of suspension/exclusion by stupid IR officials.

Comment

When Minavad did that there wasn't much of TV coverage as now, he will most likely avoid to play both games and hope that doesn't effect his club career. Vahid did same thing, Ashkan also didn't travel to Israel when he was part of Wolfs and many said the reason why Germany never called him after was because of that, remember Ashkan played in all Germany football levels.

Comment

Israel is a disgusting , vile , terrorist state who slaughters innocent people daily . and if he chooses not to travel or play against them , I have no issue with that . Iranians are not the only players who face this controversy . Mohamed salah who now plays for Roma was under intense scrutiny when at Basel because of a similar situation. He refused to shake their hands and scored against them , going on to reveal a free Palestine shirt in celebration if I remember correctly . Here is an article about it from a few years back . http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...g-9081607.html

Comment

Here you go, Iranian media already talking about that..

http://www.varzesh3.com/news/1353066...A8%D8%AE%D8%B4

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                        Here you go, Iranian media already talking about that..

http://www.varzesh3.com/news/1353066...A8%D8%AE%D8%B4
                        The media are the worse.
                        The anti-IR media will want to push him to destroy his career by going to Israel.
                        And the pro-IR media want to push him to destroy his career by not playing at all.

Comment

We dont know anything about his contract. I think many Iranians who plays for a European team have it in their contracts that they dont play against Israeli teams.
                          TEAM MELLI IRAN - PERSPOLIS

Comment

I swear I cant wait for everyone in IR over 60 to pass away so our mamlekat gets with the times.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                              The media are the worse.
                              The anti-IR media will want to push him to destroy his career by going to Israel.
                              And the pro-IR media want to push him to destroy his career by not playing at all.
                              The good thing is he has a decent agent and hope they manage to find a way, it is not an ideal situation for either him or club anyway.

I seriously don't see why he can't play in Holland, it is AZ vs Israeili club

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                                I swear I cant wait for everyone in IR over 60 to pass away so our mamlekat gets with the times.
                                That's what I thought before too, until I saw the children of many of those +60 year olds, are brought up just like themselves. Unfortunately there is no hope!

Comment

Working...
                                X