This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Malkay View Post
    I completely disagree that Azmoun is ready for a top English Premier League team - by that obviously I mean Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and perhaps now Tottenham (not that they need him).

To make a credible move in which you're going to be more than just a bench player, you have to be a proven goalscorer with good stats (like Janssen, though I'd be surprised if he unseats Harry Kane as 1st choice striker or hits double figures this season). Azmoun isn't there yet - I like to think he'll get there, he just has to improve on his conversion rate. The market values of English transfers are way over inflated and because of that English fans and media expect far too much and will quickly write-off any main striker that doesn't return 10+ per season.

I personally don't think he's ready for ANY Premier League team. He has the right physique but he still needs to improve, gain more experience and mature (that sending off was just plain stupid). He's better off staying in Russia and moving to one of the big Russian clubs in the Winter or next Summer, then making a big move after the World Cup OR if he has a great 16/17 season (i.e. 15-20+ league goals and a few European goals), he could get a decent move to a champions league team in one of the top leagues next summer.
    Watch Ahmad Musa this year tear it up this year in the BPL - and he was only a few goals better than Azmoun in last year - and he's older.

We undervalue our players. Azmoun's praises are regularly sang by non-Iranians on social media. He has serious quality. As does Ezzatollahi.

I am not a hack, I wouldn't say this about our players a few years ago. It's just, with Azmoun, Jahanbaksh, Ezzatollahi, Ali Karimi etc. we have good quality.

Comment

For EPL he needs to work on his physique and strength.

He's an intelligent and gifted player, but a physical league like EPL requires more than that.

Comment

A top 7 Bundesliga or La Liga team would be much better than any EPL team for Azmoun, the English league is pretty overrated nowadays and not what it used to be. They are nowhere to be seen in European competitions anymore as well.

Of course, English fans are also the worst of the worst.

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
          A top 7 Bundesliga or La Liga team would be much better than any EPL team for Azmoun, the English league is pretty overrated nowadays and not what it used to be. They are nowhere to be seen in European competitions anymore as well.

Of course, English fans are also the worst of the worst.
          Agreed, EPL fans are toxic, especially for foreign players. If Man United go on a losing streak, they will blame Pogba and Ibrahimovic and tear them down. Not noticing that these two guys will probably be carrying their otherwise weak team. They avoid blaming their own, crappy British players, and instead choose to focus on the foreign players brought in. It's really obnoxious to be quite honest.

Sardar at a team like Villareal or even a mid-table Bundesliga team would be a great move.

The problem is, we know the end result is Sardar staying in his comfort zone in Russia. I see him playing out the mid-season with Rostov, then jumping ship to Spartak to be with Berdyev.

I see this as a major problem. The guy is relying on Berdyev too much. His career cannot be based on following this guy around. He will have to blaze his own trail. I think a move to Bundesliga, La Liga, or even EPL would all be steps up from Russian league, but I don't see Sardar taking that risk.

If we were in Las Vegas, I'd put money on Sardar being in a Spartak uniform in January.

Comment

I honestly think the best thing for him, Ezzatolahi, and TM is for him to stay put at Rostov. If somehow Rostov get to the group stages, then he can continue to bolster his resume.

By next summer, im sure Sardar will have offers from top 7 la liga, primeira liga, bpl, bundesliga, and even Serie A teams... and who knows, he could even bring Ezatolahi with him.

Imagine Ezatolahi and Sardar at Schalke... that is a salivating thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
              I honestly think the best thing for him, Ezzatolahi, and TM is for him to stay put at Rostov. If somehow Rostov get to the group stages, then he can continue to bolster his resume.

By next summer, im sure Sardar will have offers from top 7 la liga, primeira liga, bpl, bundesliga, and even Serie A teams... and who knows, he could even bring Ezatolahi with him.

Imagine Ezatolahi and Sardar at Schalke... that is a salivating thought.
              Looks like a done deal, Berdyev signed a contract with Spartak (2+1).
              http://www.championat.com/football/n...spartakom.html

I'm 99% sure that Azmoun will join him very soon and if it happens, I doubt that he will leave RPL before the WC in Russia.

Comment

I must agree with Malavani, I have a hard time seeing him leave Russia before 2018 too. Let's assume sardar will ride out this season with Rostov and builds off of last season.....I can definitely see berydev using some of that big budget to bring him in. I think he is more than ready to play in la liga or bundesliga but I don't think he wants to leave Russia, based on his interviews he seems to really like it there and is comfortable there.
                Team Meli Iran
                Perspolis FC
                Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                  I must agree with Malavani, I have a hard time seeing him leave Russia before 2018 too. Let's assume sardar will ride out this season with Rostov and builds off of last season.....I can definitely see berydev using some of that big budget to bring him in. I think he is more than ready to play in la liga or bundesliga but I don't think he wants to leave Russia, based on his interviews he seems to really like it there and is comfortable there.
                  Made a trip to Russia this summer. Russian woman are some of the hottest and feminine I have encountered all my life. If I was SA I would stay too
                  EAT. SLEEP. TM. REPEAT.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                    I agree but I still think best case scenario would be him leaving for a bundesliga team or La liga team... But yeah you are 100% right that if Sardar goes to Spartak, he won't move again until 2018 earliest.

Honestly Spartak is still an impressive team.. they have just been struggling of late. If Berdyev could manage to bring Sardar and Ezatolahi that would be incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by YeCheesi Tala View Post
                      Made a trip to Russia this summer. Russian woman are some of the hottest and feminine I have encountered all my life. If I was SA I would stay too
                      double post

Comment

Originally posted by YeCheesi Tala View Post
                        I went to Russia last August exactly this time. I bloody loved Russia and the Russians.
                        They women are unbelievable. SO SO SO SO feminine, so elegant, so classy....I was in awe nearly all the time. So much that it inspired me to start seriously learning Russian.
                        Gorky Park was my favourite though....can't wait to go back for WC, and this time discover cities like Kazan, Sochi, and Yekatenberg.
                        Russia > Poland > Western Europe in my experience of travelling and living there (in Poland).

Comment

Guys this Bundesliga rumors might be for real. Cuz i read on Turkish media that Sardar is in Schalke and Leverkusen's radar it also says that Azmoun is ok with the transfer. Schalke and Leverkusen are ready to pay good amount of money.
                          Here is the source:
                          http://mobil.hurriyet.com.tr/leverku...sinde-40189015

P.S: Hurriyet's source is Sport Bild
                          Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things and no good thing ever dies.

Comment

http://footballitarin.com/link_page.php?id=315588

Comment

for now berdyev is very good for sardar

Comment

Originally posted by elnino99 View Post
                                I went to Russia last August exactly this time. I bloody loved Russia and the Russians.
                                They women are unbelievable. SO SO SO SO feminine, so elegant, so classy....I was in awe nearly all the time. So much that it inspired me to start seriously learning Russian.
                                Gorky Park was my favourite though....can't wait to go back for WC, and this time discover cities like Kazan, Sochi, and Yekatenberg.
                                Russia > Poland > Western Europe in my experience of travelling and living there (in Poland).
                                Hey, a friend of mine who grow up in Moskva says very awful stories about how brutal skinheads and criminal gangs who attack people and hate foreigners are!
                                but yes its a beautiful country...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X