This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sly View Post
    Yes, but you were saying Azmoun scored against stronger defence than Daei "ever" did! That's different than the tone you have chosen to use now. Azmoun still need to go a long way to reach Ali Daei's all in all club career (counting out his +100 goals for the national team).

Boateng, Hummels, Lahm, are all great! But not compared to the legends of AC Milan defense back then. They were among the greatest in history. and I'm not even counting the Italian clubs' hyper defensive style.

Yes, Azmoun is a good talent and as PersiaLegion very well said, he should be treated like a good player playing in Rostov. Some people here treat him like he should be playing in Bayern Munich and put his name together with Ali Daei. As for now, they are not even from nearby levels, let alone from the same league!
    I just sense you have a feeling of nostalgia around Daei. Azmoun actually cant be compared to anyone because mo legionnaire has ever been to Europe as soon as he did.

While I doubt Azmoun breaks Daeis record you cant deny hes on course to get in the top 3. Alas we may be arguing different points.

For me, Daei is the first Asian to play in CL. The pioneer. Azmoun(along with JB) are the guys who led examples for other Iranians to go abroad in this new age. They also opened up scouts in RPL/Eredivisie to keep an eye on our guys from now. I'd prefer having a deep European bench(2nd tier and above) to a bench if IPL and 1 Bayern player.

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
      It seems that some people will only be happy if Azmoun wins a ballon d'or. He is 22 years old, rated as one of the best young talents, scored against some of the best teams in the world etc.
      It's not all about how many goals you score that will make European top teams interested in buying you, it's also about your potential. Zlatan didn't have the best goal scoring record when playing in Ajax, yet Juventus still bought him. Because they knew he had the potential to be one of the best.

I guarantee you when Azmoun goes to another league he will score a whole lot more goals. His team doesn't play offensive, besides, Russia is not a league where striker score a lot of goals, the current top scorer only has 11 goals. Besides, if you compare the goals/minute of last season, where Azmoun scored 9 goals, he had the best ratio out of all the players scoring more goals than him except for the top scorer.

Also it's unfair to both Daei and Azmoun to compare them to eachother right now, Azmoun is still at the beginning of his career, Daei is a legend, and hopefully Azmoun will also become one, and he certainly has the potential to even pass Daei.

And why the fvck do people mention Omar Abdulrahman? How can he be compared to Azmoun? It is an insult to bring his name up next to Azmoun, Son, Kagawa etc who have proven themselves among the best competitions/leagues in the world.
      Are you guys seriously comparing Azmoun, who has played in the highest competition in world football, and scored against some of the worlds best teams, against a player whos only achievement is being rated the best player in a middle eastern league, that is probably below the level of our own league, where 50 year old European players go to retire? Not to mention that Azmoun also has more than 3x OAR's market value.
      There has not been an Arab player with vision for years. Thats why they go gaga.

I'm about 175 cm and play as a DM and I love playing against guys like OAR. Body him off, cut off lanes, play rough and they disappear.

Comment

Azmoun has said in front page article that WC '22 will feel like home. I take it he means that due to land proximity to Iran, and not due to a quiet plan to switch citizenship.
        sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
          It seems that some people will only be happy if Azmoun wins a ballon d'or. He is 22 years old, rated as one of the best young talents, scored against some of the best teams in the world etc.
          It's not all about how many goals you score that will make European top teams interested in buying you, it's also about your potential. Zlatan didn't have the best goal scoring record when playing in Ajax, yet Juventus still bought him. Because they knew he had the potential to be one of the best.

I guarantee you when Azmoun goes to another league he will score a whole lot more goals. His team doesn't play offensive, besides, Russia is not a league where striker score a lot of goals, the current top scorer only has 11 goals. Besides, if you compare the goals/minute of last season, where Azmoun scored 9 goals, he had the best ratio out of all the players scoring more goals than him except for the top scorer.

Also it's unfair to both Daei and Azmoun to compare them to eachother right now, Azmoun is still at the beginning of his career, Daei is a legend, and hopefully Azmoun will also become one, and he certainly has the potential to even pass Daei.

And why the fvck do people mention Omar Abdulrahman? How can he be compared to Azmoun? It is an insult to bring his name up next to Azmoun, Son, Kagawa etc who have proven themselves among the best competitions/leagues in the world.
          Are you guys seriously comparing Azmoun, who has played in the highest competition in world football, and scored against some of the worlds best teams, against a player whos only achievement is being rated the best player in a middle eastern league, that is probably below the level of our own league, where 50 year old European players go to retire? Not to mention that Azmoun also has more than 3x OAR's market value.
          Also OAR's market value on transfermarkt is really questionable.
          sigpic

Comment

If you guys want to appreciate history, appreciate this:

Ismail Mattar --> Yasser Al Qahtani --> A'ala Hubail --> Omar Abdul Rahman

All of these guys were hyped beyond belief and even some of our compatriots though they were at least on par with our players. Remember what these guys turned out to be? Ghand and gooz and dood

Comment

It's so lame not to appreciate other Asian country's good players just to justify the short comings of your own. It's like Ali Karimi would win the best Asian player award and then some Arabs or Japanese day to day fans would say he's hyped up beyond belief. Remember what he turned out to be. Gand, gooz and dood!

You always have to try to win! But if you happen to lose, you need to be a good loser! The day we learn that, we have taken a step towards the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                If you guys want to appreciate history, appreciate this:

Ismail Mattar --> Yasser Al Qahtani --> A'ala Hubail --> Omar Abdul Rahman

All of these guys were hyped beyond belief and even some of our compatriots though they were at least on par with our players. Remember what these guys turned out to be? Ghand and gooz and dood
                Not sure you should be making fun of Hubail. Poor guy was imprisoned and tortured in Bahrain just because he is Shia.

Comment

How did this thread turn into Azmoun vs. OAR? I like Amoori, but when he starts playing and performing against teams that don't have an AL- in front of their name, then we can have a discussion about this.

Comment

Sardar Azmoun @ FC Rostov | 2016/17

I wanna hear about sardar azmoun in this thread not arabs.

Stay on topic please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

All Asian rivalry discussions can be discussed here (http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...ivalry-Thread))

Leave this to Sardar Azmoun news.

Thanks

Comment

Sardar Azmoun @ FC Rostov | 2016/17

Celtic looking to get Azmoun in case their best player Moussa Dembélé leaves

http://www.footballwhispers.com/blog...ium=affiliates

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
                          Azmoun is a big shot for us Iranians. Same goes for Son Heung Min of Korea. Both Azmoun and SHM are good players and at top of Asian standard but look at them in Europe. They are not even close to top 20-30 players in European clubs. They will be at best top average player. Park Ji Sung of Korea is much greater than Daei or any other Asian player in Europe but still few years past from his top years in Man United and many people have forgotten him. He was considered a good player in Europe and not extra ordinary.

Have you guys paid attention to other players in Rostov who scored against great teams? Bukharov, Poloz and Noboa have good goals as well. Dimitry Poloz is almost same age of Azmoun and many times is even better than him in the pitch. Why there is no hype around him? Our media is making Azmoun a lot bigger than who he is because we want him to be a much greater player than what we have seen so far. All those interests from EPL and other clubs when he was even a rookie in Rubin Kazan added to our expectation. I personally think half of it was BS and the other half might be legit but ordinary for many people with Azmoun's potential but they mean nothing if they are not materialized. Even if he had joined one of those big clubs, he had still a long way to be among first line up of the senior team. Major big clubs sign tens or hundreds of young talented players from around the world as investments for their future. Majority of these people never make it to the top level of football anyway.

So only having interest from top clubs when he was still 17-18, doesn't hold any water. If he has a solid offer from top 15 clubs or top 4 leagues close to happening then I say it is great and will be happy for him. For now he is doing his effort in Rostov and we should rate him based on this and his performance in RPL. CL and EL are finnished for Rostov and Sardar. If he has any serious offer we will hear it soon, otherwise, stop wasting your time.
                          Hate to say this but you do have some points. Itll be really tough for him to get regular playing time in the top 4 leagues.

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post

Scottish league?? Would be a bad move IMHO.
                            Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                            O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post

Lol the only good thing about him coming to Scotland is that I'll try and track him down. But Scottish football is way below the standard of the Russian and Dutch leagues. Celtic are a good team but they play in a league equivalent of the English league 2

Comment

The SPL is a shit league but honestly, it is the best stepping stone to the Barclays Premier League - I believe that was Azmoun's dream to play for a EPL team.

Comment

Working...
                                X