This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know shit is really cray when TheWheels is telling people to chill

That being said, as happy as I am for Sardar's goals, I can totally see where Iran_19 is coming from. But I'm hopeful that Azmoun can even surpass the achievements of his predecessors.

Comment

Originally posted by Kian B. View Post
      You know shit is really cray when TheWheels is telling people to chill
      That being said, as happy as I am for Sardar's goals, I can totally see where Iran_19 is coming from. But I'm hopeful that Azmoun can even surpass the achievements of his predecessors.
      We had players like Emamifar, Yazdani, Mahdavi in Belgium top division, Mansourian, Sergik, Mousavi, Sirous DinMohammadi in Budeslgia II, Nakisa in Greece top league and honestly no one was really knowing how they are doing, some update here and there, now there is thread for people in Greece second division lol

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
        We had players like Emamifar, Yazdani, Mahdavi in Belgium top division, Mansourian, Sergik, Mousavi, Sirous DinMohammadi in Budeslgia II, Nakisa in Greece top league and honestly no one was really knowing how they are doing, some update here and there, now there is thread for people in Greece second division lol
        I remember playing with the trio from Belgium in FIFA 03 LOL, their ratings were shit too so it made it difficult. But yeah back in the day we had Hashemian scoring 16 goals in BuLi and Mahdavikia at one point scoring two and assisting 16 goals (it was a league high for that season) so compared to then, what we have now seems unimpressive. I think people are just happy though that our players are trying to go to Europe again instead of plying their trade in our crap league or going to Arab leagues.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWheels View Post
          I remember playing with the trio from Belgium in FIFA 03 LOL, their ratings were shit too so it made it difficult. But yeah back in the day we had Hashemian scoring 16 goals in BuLi and Mahdavikia at one point scoring two and assisting 16 goals (it was a league high for that season) so compared to then, what we have now seems unimpressive. I think people are just happy though that our players are trying to go to Europe again instead of plying their trade in our crap league or going to Arab leagues.
          Non of them were anything special(with the exeption of Yazdani maybe)and in today's Iran football situation they probably never could play in Arab leagues even. They kind of benefited from our football reputation back to the time.
          At some point we had 3 players at Leverkuzen(Mousavi, Pasha, Ali Mousavi). Of course only Pashazadeh was close to making it but injury kind of ruined his career. Even a guy like Khatibi played few games with HSV.

Comment

Non of them were anything special(with the exeption of Yazdani maybe)and in today's Iran football situation they probably never could play in Arab leagues even. They kind of benefited from our football reputation back to the time.
            At some point we had 3 players at Leverkuzen(Mousavi, Pasha, Ali Mousavi). Of course only Pashazadeh was close to making it but injury kind of ruined his career. Even a guy like Khatibi played few games with HSV.
            You forgot Farnaz Majidi played as ballboy for Rapid Wien.
            Last edited by PersianLegion; 03-03-2017, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
              You forgot Farnaz Majidi played as ballboy for Rapid Wien.
              Well lasted only few games there. He could easy play in a better league but decided to be loyal to Arab Sheik and money which also ruined his TM career somehow beside the fact that having Daei at his best was another reason.

Comment

The problem with that generation was that by the time they made the move to Europe, they were already either around their prime. For a good player to excel i Europe he needs to be intergraded like how our youngsters are doing right now. Players like Vahid Amiri could definitely play in some sort of 2nd division in Europe with ease but the problem is the age factor and thats why those players seemed like nothing special. Im sure if that generation were given the chance to make a move to Europe in their teens, they would've had successful careers in Europe.
                "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
                  The problem with that generation was that by the time they made the move to Europe, they were already either around their prime. For a good player to excel i Europe he needs to be intergraded like how our youngsters are doing right now. Players like Vahid Amiri could definitely play in some sort of 2nd division in Europe with ease but the problem is the age factor and thats why those players seemed like nothing special. Im sure if that generation were given the chance to make a move to Europe in their teens, they would've had successful careers in Europe.
                  It simple: The trust was there that players like Vahid, Khatibi, Mousavi, Yazdani, Pasha, Kia could directly jump from IPL to Bundesliga(some had success, others didn't). Most of these names were pretty young(around 22-23) when they joined Bundesliga teams. Bagheri, Azizi, Daei were a bit older(25-26) but i don't think the age was the factor.
                  It was simply another time, not like Japan of today but they trusted our players way more than now for sure.

Comment

It simple: The trust was there that players like Vahid, Khatibi, Mousavi, Yazdani, Pasha, Kia could directly jump from IPL to Bundesliga(some had success, others didn't). Most of these names were pretty young(around 22-23) when they joined Bundesliga teams. Bagheri, Azizi, Daei were a bit older(25-26) but i don't think the age was the factor.
                    It was simply another time, not like Japan of today but they trusted our players way more than now for sure.
                    And in the past, big Asian companies wouldn't sponsor the teams in Europe. Now, I can say half of Japanese and Korean players in Europe are there for advertisement and not just their pure performances.

Comment

Funny is as i said many times, in level of talent and being full package no one in last 30 that i watch TM match by match(and didn't miss much of it tbh) can't beat Azmoun. If scoring in Russian league is make people to have multiple orgasms, let them have, yes i am happy also he scores but kids can and must achieve much better things in his career.
                      Don't come and tell me what happened to Azmoun's praise. Seriously..lool
                      What about his European competition record so far this season? Scoring against Bayern, Atletico, Ajax, Anderlecht, and Praha. He was able to defeat Bayern Munich with his "Russian league" team. He may not have jumped into the biggest club right away but I feel like he has been one of our wisest European legionnaires in terms of developement and being able to receive play time.

I understand that you may not be thrilled about where we currently are and are living in the past but get over it. Yes we had great players in top teams but afterwards we ended up with no european based players other than Nekounam and Masoud. We are not viewing our current status as the best it's ever been. We get happy to see how our team heading in the right track and evolving into something great.

Comment

I just see things differently regarding this matter than most of you guys which happened to be between 20-25, no disrespect to any of you.

Comment

CQ might go to Russia to watch Rostov - ManUtd

Comment

wow. Impressed by second goal. One of my main critiques of sardar has been his weak foot (left foot). Often, he produces very weak shots, or doesnt use it when he should. Clearly he has been working on it, and it shows. Being two footed (to a decent extent) is very important for top level strikers today.

Comment

azmoun can win balloon d'or and people would still have some sh** to talk about.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                                Stick to watching Persepolis bro. Weren't you the one who suggested that we sacrifice Team Melli for lowly-coached Persepolis, who are terrible, to do well (i.e. manage to get out of their ACL group and get demolished next round)?
                                I was pulling your legs and you got the bait! Our fans are so emotional and go on attacking mode so easy! I have nothing against Sardar. If you look at my signature you can see I listed only him as our first forward.

On the side note: I never suggested we sacrifice our NT for Persepolis. Show me my quotation for saying that or "harf to dahane man nazar".
                                Last edited by PersianLegion; 03-03-2017, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X