Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sardar on bench is ok, they are up 4-0 why play him, they can keep him for later games

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
      You always panic. Just a few days ago you were saying "Oh Karim is not starting - this is not good" when it's just 3 weeks after his move! Today he scores a brace
      Not the first time Azmoun is benched a couple of games, it takes him always a bit of time to hit form after long breaks. Same thing happened last year. To not think Azmoun is not the NUMBER 1 striker on Rostov is delusional.
      Is not the question of panicking, it is how we Iranians see our prospects/players, Karim had a great day no doubt, but do you think they will start the next season with only two strikers? Sure he will have competition, and it will be interesting to see how he reacts. Again in case of Karim is just one game, i like him and his professionalism but lets not jump into the conclusion that fast, lets see if he can keep it up in long term.
      In case of Sardar well, 4-5 years in Russia already and yet he couldn't establish himself as the first team striker or 90 minutes player, so probably fans need to be a bit realistic, again nothing against him as i said before he is the most promising striker we had since Daei.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
        Is not the question of panicking, it is how we Iranians see our prospects/players, Karim had a great day no doubt, but do you think they will start the next season with only two strikers? Sure he will have competition, and it will be interesting to see how he reacts. Again in case of Karim is just one game, i like him and his professionalism but lets not jump into the conclusion that fast, lets see if he can keep it up in long term.

In case of Sardar well, 4-5 years in Russia already and yet he couldn't establish himself as the first team striker or 90 minutes player, so probably fans need to be a bit realistic, again nothing against him as i said before he is the most promising striker we had since Daei.
        He is the first team striker. Have you watched the Russian league this year and last? There is zero question about this. They are up 4-0, why would they start their best player. And yes, he has a bit of problem of not always being in the best condition at beginning of season. But this does means nothing when you consider the overall picture.

He started EVERY champions league game. Why not look at that? It's just you tend to always panic.

Karim was excellent today and yes, they will get a third starter but he is heads and shoulder above their other striker at the moment.

Comment

He is the first team striker. Have you watched the Russian league this year and last? There is zero question about this. They are up 4-0, why would they start their best player. And yes, he has a bit of problem of not always being in the best condition at beginning of season. But this does means nothing when you consider the overall picture.
          He started EVERY champions league game. Why not look at that? It's just you tend to always panic.
          Karim was excellent today and yes, they will get a third starter but he is heads and shoulder above their other striker at the moment.
          Head and shoulder above of which striker? There is only Cardozo left.
          About Sardar, Why he didn't start the last game, how many goals he scored this year in Russian league, if you want a good team in top 4-5 leagues goes after a player like Sardar, he needs to dominate the Russian league, sure he was very good during European competition, but he is not yet 90 minutes player and usually out of gas after minute 60-70. He is at his best when he comes as sub or only play 60-70 minutes.

It is all about the CONSISTENCY.

Comment

Again don't misunderstand me, i like both players and i guess it is the first time since Azizi-Daei's time that we have that much depth upfront, but lets not exaggerate about things and be more realistic and hope they take it to the next level.

Comment

Head and shoulder above of which striker? There is only Cardozo left.
              About Sardar, Why he didn't start the last game, how many goals he scored this year in Russian league, if you want a good team in top 4-5 leagues goes after a player like Sardar, he needs to dominate the Russian league, sure he was very good during European competition, but he is not yet 90 minutes player and usually out of gas after minute 60-70. He is at his best when he comes as sub or only play 60-70 minutes.

It is all about the CONSISTENCY.
              Weren't you the one who was always critizing Azmoun's performance in RPL last season until he went on fire and scored in 5 games in a row?
              This season, Rostov had to complete in both RPL and CL for the first time in their history and this was also a totally new experience for Azmoun, who still managed start most of the games and help his team with goals and assists! And BTW, he played full 90 min in quite a few games, both for Rostov and TM but obviously you won't mention that...

Comment

every off season he is away from team hence when it starts he is a sub first few weeks

Comment

No idea why you guys are arguing.

Azmoun is world class in the air. You could compare him to Ronaldo in that aspect. His skills on the ball, activity and passing are mediocre at best.

He will get interest from some teams this summer because he is still young, but overall he isn't top level yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Malavani View Post
                    Weren't you the one who was always critizing Azmoun's performance in RPL last season until he went on fire and scored in 5 games in a row?
                    This season, Rostov had to complete in both RPL and CL for the first time in their history and this was also a totally new experience for Azmoun, who still managed start most of the games and help his team with goals and assists! And BTW, he played full 90 min in quite a few games, both for Rostov and TM but obviously you won't mention that...
                    Yes it was me, and that because i think he has huge potential, i don't say that about too many Iranian players. After 4-5 years in Russian league and base on his potential he didn't take it to next level, sure he improved, but how much? The kid is full package and jewel, he needs and can be better than that.

If you want be happy with few minutes here and there and couple goals here and there then just be, it is your own choice, i wouldn't mind if it was Taremi, but knowing Sardar's potential he can do much better.

Comment

Yes it was me, and that because i think he has huge potential, i don't say that about too many Iranian players. After 4-5 years in Russian league and base on his potential he didn't take it to next level, sure he improved, but how much? The kid is full package and jewel, he needs and can be better than that.

If you want be happy with few minutes here and there and couple goals here and there then just be, it is your own choice, i wouldn't mind if it was Taremi, but knowing Sardar's potential he can do much better.
                      well, he keeps improving at a decent rate IMO but let's agree to disagree

Comment

Poloz scored 1-0

Comment

Sardar will most likely replace Bukharov in second half as he got yellow card.

Comment

Iranian players the last few months have scored against:

- Bayern Munich
                            - Athletico Madrid
                            - PSV
                            - Anderlecht
                            - Galatasaray
                            - Lyon
                            - Ajax

Comment

Don't like the fact that Azmoun is being benched, I don't care if this is not an important match. He should play as much as possible.

Comment

Iranian players the last few months have scored against:

- Bayern Munich
                                - Athletico Madrid
                                - PSV
                                - Anderlecht
                                - Galatasaray
                                - Lyon
                                - Ajax
                                Awesome, which one scored against Gala? Think I must've missed that one.

Comment

Working...
                                X