This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Malavani View Post
    Yes, and I still think so, any problem ? Afaik , Rostov still has no money to pay their players (I think bunch of players haven't been paid since July) and some key players refused to play and even expressed their intention to leave because of this. There is nothing crazy about thinking Rostov is a sinking ship when they're still struggling financially despite the money they got from CL qualification + the players they sold to top teams.
    The club has had these problems for years now but they still managed to sign 8 or nine good new players. More importantly, its obvious they have something special mentally, if not terms of skill. The mental strength required to perform as they did last year after almost relegating is not something that the team will lose. It may be difficult for them to get out of their CL group and balance CL with league, this i agree with. But to right them off as a sinking ship I think would be very harsh. Sure they may not beat bayern, but they are more than capable of holding their own with top russian teams and other lesser champions league teams. (as they showed against PSV). I think the issue many on this forum have with Rostov is that superficially they are not a beautiful team/club. Financial problems, a direct counterattack style of play, a weird coaching situation, the fact that they are in Russia, isnt as appealing to people as playing in germany,italy,spain,or england(ofc id rather them be playing in these leagues) that have so much money,sponsorships, and investments central to their leagues (sad that football is going this way). But lets face it, we should know as iranian fans, the quality of your play does not have to be determined by superficial elements that may be present around you. Your quality is determined by your skill and gheyrat. I think this team have that, and for now they are a great place for our boys to learn how to play at a very high level with real adversity when the conditions are not ideal.

Comment

Azmoun has definitely been active for his team I just hope he starts scoring a bit more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
        Azmoun has definitely been active for his team I just hope he starts scoring a bit more
        last year was similar. Most strikers are cyclical, even most of the good ones (exept the top 5-10) and score their goals in patches. Last year azmoun got like 7 in the last 8 games something. Especially at this age its unheard of to be getting 20 plus goals a season in any league. Even more so in a physical , defensive league like Russia with a team is very defensive.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
          last year was similar. Most strikers are cyclical, even most of the good ones (exept the top 5-10) and score their goals in patches. Last year azmoun got like 7 in the last 8 games something. Especially at this age its unheard of to be getting 20 plus goals a season in any league. Even more so in a physical , defensive league like Russia with a team is very defensive.
          I wish Azmoun was more consistent like Janssen.......

Comment

Originally posted by Kian B. View Post
            I wish Azmoun was more consistent like Janssen.......
            I think he would be in eridivisie but really no other league. That league is incredibly offensive minded and filled with young teams and defenders. countless strikers have bagged 20 plus goals there and gone on to be shit everywhere else. Altidore and countless others for example.

Comment

Azmoun or any other good RPL striker would score 20+ goals in eredivise. It's so easy

Comment

Janssen went to Tottenham, and he is struggling to get playing minutes. He yet only scored one goal in the EPL.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                  Janssen went to Tottenham, and he is struggling to get playing minutes. He yet only scored one goal in the EPL.

LOL I like how you are always one of the first people to throw eredivisie under the bus (even though you're from the Netherlands).

I like you're objective views.

Comment

Hmm idk maybe there's a guy named Harry Kane who is a goal scoring machine that plays in front of him. Plus there is Son who is playing great recently

Comment

I wouldnt say janssen is a good example of this. He has only been in england for a month and has an excellent english option in front of him. I was thinking more of players like Altidore, Bas dost(to a lesser extent), finbogason, mateja kezman,etc. These players have left holland and truly flopped. Even players like depay have been proven to not be that good out of the comforts of the dutch league.

Comment

Janssen is a beast. He would win the scoring title in Russia. No Question about it.
                        "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
                          Janssen is a beast. He would win the scoring title in Russia. No Question about it.
                          Players like rondon become top players in RPL. Janssen is not physically strong enough to be a good RPL striker. He would be lucky to score 10. You guys overestimate eredivisie, it's just not as good as it used to be.

Comment

Have you seen him play? Do you know why he hasn't scored? It's not because he's shit or a fraud. I'm sure he'll come good for Spurs actually

Comment

Originally posted by lml View Post
                              Have you seen him play? Do you know why he hasn't scored? It's not because he's shit or a fraud. I'm sure he'll come good for Spurs actually
                              I've watched him play and he has missed a number of easy chances....everyone misses I get it but from watching him I can say he definitely isn't physically dominant which goes back to keon's point about the RPL being a physically tough league especially compared to eredivise. I too think he will develop fine for the spurs but he is not ready to be starter IMO but I anticipate he will be in the future
                              Team Meli Iran
                              Perspolis FC
                              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

He won't start over Kane but he can 100% be a 10-15 a season striker in the EPL. He tries too hard to link up play and doesn't stay in the box enough like he did at AZ. Once he adjusts, Spurs will have a good player. Pochettino is no fool

Comment

Working...
                                X