This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
    If Azmoun started alone uptop and Doumbia started instead of Poloz there could have been a real chance at a couple or even a few opportunities for Rostov. Doumbia's speed made Martinez and Alaba sweat in the second half.
    Don't like Poloz to be honest. I think you're right, they needed more of a physical specimen and fighter up front. Keep Azmoun as your lone striker, pack the midfield and go from there. They were way too daring, their formation.

Comment

Sardar Azmoun & Saeid Ezatolahi @ FC Rostov | 2016/17

I am just majorly dissapointed by Rostov's approach to this game. When you defend with 11 men in front of goal from minute 1, you already lost the game because you admit you see yourself as inferior to the other team. 5-0 is just karma. No striker in the world will blossom well in this shitty system, but Azmoun did totally acceptable the few opportunities he had. Anyway, if Rostov continues like this I expect 0 points out of 6 games. What a loser mentality, I wish Sardar played in a more attacking team. He would score way more goals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Poloz is not a bad player. His style of play reminds me of Karim Ansarifard.
        If you look at the goal Sardar scored against Ajax, right before the header Poloz starts to run towards the first goalpost and two Ajax defenders follow him. This maneuver created space for Azmoun to score the goal. It is not the first time Poloz enable Sardar to score by creating space with fast movements, a smart player.

Today the problem was the midfield. Gatcan and Noboa were really bad.

Comment

You guys keep talking about bad game plans but what which have you has given the alternative? The whole point is to play a counter attacking game. That is how they nearly won the Russian league and that is how they got to the champions league. Up until the penalty Bayern really didn't have any solid chances. Everything started going downhill after that which is expected when a counter attacking team is behind. They were basically praying for a tie or a lucky goal to then sit back the rest of game, and unfortunately but not unexpectedly, it didn't happen. I just think its funny that some of you suggest replacing key players or almost imply that they should have been gung-ho in their attack.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
            I am just majorly dissapointed by Rostov's approach to this game. When you defend with 11 men in front of goal from minute 1, you already lost the game because you admit you see yourself as inferior to the other team. 5-0 is just karma. No striker in the world will blossom well in this shitty system, but Azmoun did totally acceptable the few opportunities he had. Anyway, if Rostov continues like this I expect 0 points out of 6 games. What a loser mentality, I wish Sardar played in a more attacking team. He would score way more goals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Rostov's game plan mirrored TM vs. Argentina and Nigeria. It's a tough mindset to come out of when you are playing a top opponent and they are hyped in addition. You become fearful and start losing confidence, if you can weather the first half storm things improve, but if you concede the sh*t rolls down the hill fast. TM weathered the storm and displayed improvements versus Argentina while Rostov fell apart. I saw nothing special from Azmoun but to be fair his team was equally poor.

Many know I am not a fan of Azmoun not because he is talentless, in fact he is our future but I feel far too many fans have already equated him to Ali Daie. IMO he hasn't done anything yet at the NT level to earn the sole striking position from Gucci in TM. Even ARJ who has had more European success than Sardar doesn't get the accolades we throw on Azmoun. I believe if you perform at club level but can't bring it to national team then you need time to develop, mature and get used to varied systems. We act like it's a Sardar vs. Gucci debate, but really Sardar is at best given his tender age a second striker to Gucci in the line-up. Look at Sanchez, 19, the kid is already a star and he is probably going to surpass all that Ronaldo has done for Portugal but that transition will take time, not over night. To me Sardar is the future, let's not burn the kid like we did Kavianpour, Mobali, and even Hashemian for a few years and let's not over hype him like we did Karimi. Give him time to gain experience and develop.

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk
            Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Not really surprised and none of you guys should be either. we knew what the outcome was going to be. sardar did fairly well with the few opportunities that he had. What i realized was that he needs to bulk up and do it fast! he has the speed but everytime he got to the ball he was easily pushed off by Hummles and martinez! If he works oon his body a bit more he would be unstoppable. Now on to ezzatollahi, cmon guys, no way he was going to get minutes in this game! kid is 19 and would have made a fool out of himself playing his first CL game against Bayern in Munich!!! I think we will see saied against PSV.. hope i am wrong tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Clockwork View Post
                You guys keep talking about bad game plans but what which have you has given the alternative?
                Use one striker and pack the midfield.Thats what won Rostov the second place spot. If they used Doumbia to run they would have been 10x more effective than fielding two out and out strikers?

Iran used a 4-3-3 against Argentina that quickly went to a 4-5-1. If we used a 4-4-2 or 5-3-2 with a second main striker like Ansarifard we would have been slaughtered as is the case with Rostov today.

Make an argument for Reza and Azmoun starting together in Asia sure. But when you are planning to bunker two strikers makes no sense at all.

It should be noted that Bayern had one game plan the entire game. Give it to Douglas Costa. Take on Rostov RB and cross.

Comment

People are forgetting that the referee really changed the game with that penalty call. Sure, it's debatably a penalty, but I see that called 1 out of 1000 times, if that often, and with that call, Rostov was opened up. It's like I say when Iran plays. If we played China and we were gifted a penalty in the 28th minute, we would have beaten China 3-0 if not worse, because they would have opened up defensively to get the goal back, and would also be discouraged.

The ref really changed the complexion of the game with that call, and I don't think he should have made it. Rostov's play became really bad after they conceded. Defensively and offensively, they gave up. I don't think its fair to call such a penalty so early in the game. If there wasn't that penalty call, the game likely would have been different. Rostov would not have given up so early and let the flood come in.

Comment

please stop bashing rostov. They have performed incredibly to get to where theyve gotten. Beat champions league regulars in Ajax and Anderlecht convincingly, where both our boys scored. The tactics were all layed out by berdyev, the man who masterminded everything, who runs all training sessions and is in locker room. This particular game, Bayern away, was a step too far. You are all deluded if you think rostov could have done anything differently. Look at their fucking players, a bunch of combative eastern european nobodies. There is only a few quality players, the GK, Noboa, and Sardar. They have done brilliantly. This incredible club and coach gave our boys the opportunity to play in the allianz fucking arena. There is no shame in losing as they did to bayern. Over the years teams as big dortmund,arsenal,barca,and more have all been THRASHED by this team.

http://www.espnfc.us/uefa-champions-...p-stage-starts

azmoun is in the 32 CL players to watch. Everybody else believes and is hyped about our best players, except us. So naive that any of you thought this result would have been something different and are dissapointed by what happened . LOL

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                      If Azmoun started alone uptop and Doumbia started instead of Poloz there could have been a real chance at a couple or even a few opportunities for Rostov. Doumbia's speed made Martinez and Alaba sweat in the second half.
                      poloz is quality for Rostov and destroyed Ajax. He got in to Russian NT, is young, but still has some experience at 24. Doumbia doesnt even start or come off the bench in most league games.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                        They lost the midfielder, very simple. Playing with two forwards was totally a suicide. WTF the coaching staff smoke?
                        actually the coaching staff and coach, who is still berdyev, were smoking what ever they have been smoking to get a shitty team from the brink of relegation, to champions league, within the space of two seasons. They have always used two forwards. You guys talk about Azmoun being isolated, but then ask why they played with two forwards, its one or the other folks. Then people say, wow rostov parked the bus what the fuck, well actually they even left two up top to still pose a threat on the counter. The reality on what happened today has nothing to do with performance, or coaching , or any of that. Bayern is just 1 million times a better team than rostov. Why do we make all these elaborate reasons why they lost instead of looking at the most obvious one. None of us no better than berdyev, so please, lets stop criticizing, and acting like we would have coached the team better. No other coach would have got rostov here

Comment

Some of you should seriously consider taking a chill pill.

Iranian mentality = After one bad day: "It's all over! We're going to die! God won't help us, Mayelikohan can! Queiroz sucks! I love Queiroz! Sardar sucks, he should learn how to score! I lovvvvve Sardar, oh my God!!! Saeid is a loser! Saeid is a beast! This FC Rostov is a joke! Rostov will crush every team! I doubt Rostov will win an games! My grandmother can score better than Sardar! Sardar is our new Ibra!! Mark my words he will be the best!! Sardar is worse than the Armenian league! He sucks! He's so good! I love him! I hate him!"

Yaroo neshaste baghale gowd mige lengesh kon..

Jesus tits with this stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli1 View Post
                            Some of you should seriously consider taking a chill pill.

Iranian mentality = After one bad day: "It's all over! We're going to die! God won't help us, Mayelikohan can! Queiroz sucks! I love Queiroz! Sardar sucks, he should learn how to score! I lovvvvve Sardar, oh my God!!! Saeid is a loser! Saeid is a beast! This FC Rostov is a joke! Rostov will crush every team! I doubt Rostov will win an games! My grandmother can score better than Sardar! Sardar is our new Ibra!! Mark my words he will be the best!! Sardar is worse than the Armenian league! He sucks! He's so good! I love him! I hate him!"

Yaroo neshaste baghale gowd mige lengesh kon..

Jesus tits with this stupidity.
                            its incredibly pathetic. I feel we as a fan base hands down have some of the stupid opinons and changes of heart I have ever witnessed

Comment

what would be the score tonight, if bayern faced, lets say, the best iranian team tonight.....7:0??
                              World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
                              sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
                              If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
                              -

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                                poloz is quality for Rostov and destroyed Ajax. He got in to Russian NT, is young, but still has some experience at 24. Doumbia doesnt even start or come off the bench in most league games.
                                Reza destroyed South Korea but couldnt get by Nigeria's defense. Dejagah was useless vs. Nigeria but Jahanbahksh was menacing. Different games against different players of different teams need different lineups.

Beikzadeh is also good in IPL and was ok against South Korea last cycle but if you played him at LB against China we would have lost.

Comment

Working...
                                X