Comment

Originally posted by greenguy4life View Post
      https://youtu.be/bElf308-_Og

Skip to 4:50. [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]
      Intercepted the ball and went up the pitch like he was a striker

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
        Intercepted the ball and went up the pitch like he was a striker
        Should've passed him the ball for him for put his big left foot through it [emoji23]

Comment

Head over to BBC One to watch the FA Highlights show, they will show all the games extensively. Programme just started.

Comment

Tafaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, Posh are winning 2-1 against a championship team, AWAY! PLEASE CALL HIM UP QUEIROZ.
            I feel like its only me and you who rate him on this site. It appears that people on here are oblivious to the fact we are counting on 36 year old for defense (with all due respect).

Comment

Originally posted by Hoorad View Post
              I feel like its only me and you who rate him on this site. It appears that people on here are oblivious to the fact we are counting on 36 year old for defense (with all due respect).

In fairness, most people haven't seen him play much. I've watched a fair few full matches of his and in all honesty, he's better than Cheshmi and Ansari. He's very very good on the ball, extremely strong (like scary strength), never loses a 1v1, not to mention he's 26 and 196 cm.

The issue with him lies in lack of an Iranian passport, somewhat lacks pace, but what he lacks in pace, he gains in strength.

Otherwise he should be called up tomorrow. As I said, Aston Villa is stronger than any team our current centre backs have played against all season. He'll now play against an even stronger side in the next round of the FA Cup.

Comment

In fairness, most people haven't seen him play much. I've watched a fair few full matches of his and in all honesty, he's better than Cheshmi and Ansari. He's very very good on the ball, extremely strong (like scary strength), never loses a 1v1, not to mention he's 26 and 196 cm.

The issue with him lies in lack of an Iranian passport, somewhat lacks pace, but what he lacks in pace, he gains in strength.

Otherwise he should be called up tomorrow. As I said, Aston Villa is stronger than any team our current centre backs have played against all season. He'll now play against an even stronger side in the next round of the FA Cup.
                Agreed, he also played against Chelsea. But I got bashed by people on here when I said he was better than Ansari/Cheshmi, he looks like he can fufill Hosseini's position in the near future or become even better.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoorad View Post
                  Agreed, he also played against Chelsea. But I got bashed by people on here when I said he was better than Ansari/Cheshmi, he looks like he can fufill Hosseini's position in the near future or become even better.
                  I personally still rate Hosseini higher than Tafazolli, just because Hosseini is an absolute warrior, regardless of his age. My concern is about Pouraliganji who showed real holes in his game against Syria, awful positioning at time.

I've not seen Majid Hosseini play before, he could also be selected if he impresses.

We have an issue at centre back for sure, Montazeri is basically made out of glass.

Comment

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42519390

you might need a vpn if you're watching outside the UK

My two cents:
                    - Tafaslowly. He is so pedestrian it's painful. He's like the league one version of Per Mertesacker.
                    - The fact that he doesn't speak is going to be a big problem.
                    - The level of football he's playing is not of a high enough quality for him to jump into this squad over IPL players. Trust me. I watch it.

He's not good enough to play for TM and I think scouts at clubs in higher divisions know his shortcomings.

If he were to be called up now, how on Earth could he gel into this team in a handful of training sessions and games before for the World Cup?

I think he would be a Beitashour situation all over again. If this guy were playing in a top European division or even the championship, I'd say call him up but he's not significantly better in any department than our current talent pool of defenders that have the language and cultural homogeneity advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post
                      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42519390

you might need a vpn if you're watching outside the UK

My two cents:
                      - Tafaslowly. He is so pedestrian it's painful. He's like the league one version of Per Mertesacker.
                      - The fact that he doesn't speak is going to be a big problem.
                      - The level of football he's playing is not of a high enough quality for him to jump into this squad over IPL players. Trust me. I watch it.

He's not good enough to play for TM and I think scouts at clubs in higher divisions know his shortcomings.

If he were to be called up now, how on Earth could he gel into this team in a handful of training sessions and games before for the World Cup?

I think he would be a Beitashour situation all over again. If this guy were playing in a top European division or even the championship, I'd say call him up but he's not significantly better in any department than our current talent pool of defenders that have the language and cultural homogeneity advantage.
                      Firstly, unless you go to the ABAX stadium, you probably haven’t seen him play that often.

Secondly, people bashing him on his pace is pretty silly in my opinion because what do you expect, his physique doesn’t let him run like particularly quick, however, from what I’ve seen he isn’t THAT slow. I think people need to calm down a bit.

I agree with language and adapting issue, he would need to be very proactive in improving these if he wanted to play for Iran.

Tafazolli for me is better than Cheshmi and Ansari, you can argue it, but overall I believe he has better fundamentals defensively.

He will also very likely be on the move either this month or in the summer if Peterborough don’t get promoted.

Comment

Tafazolli's goal:

Alternate angle @ 1:25:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSFecBQtmhs

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Firstly, unless you go to the ABAX stadium, you probably haven’t seen him play that often.

Secondly, people bashing him on his pace is pretty silly in my opinion because what do you expect, his physique doesn’t let him run like particularly quick, however, from what I’ve seen he isn’t THAT slow. I think people need to calm down a bit.

I agree with language and adapting issue, he would need to be very proactive in improving these if he wanted to play for Iran.

Tafazolli for me is better than Cheshmi and Ansari, you can argue it, but overall I believe he has better fundamentals defensively.

He will also very likely be on the move either this month or in the summer if Peterborough don’t get promoted.

I get it. You like him. You have thoroughly championed him on this thread and in the previous thread from his Mansfield days.

I'm of a different opinion. His height is useless if he can keep up with the pace of high level international football. Note my Mertesacker comment.

I'd be very surprised if a Championship club make a move for him this month. There are centre backs of higher quality and experience to be had in the division; Charlie Mulgrew, Darragh Lenihan and Patrick Bauer to name a few

If he indeed does make it into our squad and plays in the world cup, he might well get a move in the summer. The cynic in me thinks that's his motivation for courting the TM interest.

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post
                            I get it. You like him. You have thoroughly championed him on this thread and in the previous thread from his Mansfield days.

I'm of a different opinion. His height is useless if he can keep up with the pace of high level international football. Note my Mertesacker comment.

I'd be very surprised if a Championship club make a move for him this month. There are centre backs of higher quality and experience to be had in the division; Charlie Mulgrew, Darragh Lenihan and Patrick Bauer to name a few

If he indeed does make it into our squad and plays in the world cup, he might well get a move in the summer. The cynic in me thinks that's his motivation for courting the TM interest.
                            Agree to disagree and let Queiroz decide. [emoji109][emoji109][emoji109]

Comment

he's a super sub for TM if we need a beast in the back to help out. not as starter.

Comment

Agree to disagree and let Queiroz decide. [emoji109][emoji109][emoji109]
                                Agreed. It's CQs decision. We have to respect and support every player he chooses... even the Heydari's of this world.

Comment

Working...
                                X