Ryan Tafazolli @ Peterborough United | 2016/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FA Cup - Tranmere 0:5 Peterborough United

*Ryan started the match and was subbed off on the 77th min.
    *Ryan received a rating of 7 by Peterborough Today.

"Ryan Tafazolli: He’s going through a prime spell of form. Excellent at defending set pieces, but dominant in the air all over the pitch. Strolled through the game 7"

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/s...anny-1-8247667

Comment

Originally posted by greenguy4life View Post
      He's got a chance still. There are people helping him get a passport. Queiroz is more worried about the language barrier with Ryan. Otherwise he's still considered and with the lack of centre backs, he may get a call up. It's not completely out the question. We'll see. Still nice to follow him.
      Wow so the passport thing still hasn't been taken care of? I'm surprised he didn't start working on this when he first felt the desire to play for TM or when oceano visited him 5-6 weeks ago. Usually these things don't take more than 3-4 weeks based on what we have seen with our other foreign players in TM

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
      A centre back that can't communicate with his other team mates in the defense and goalkeeper is very dangerous to try out at this stage of our World Cup preparation, Tafazolli is more a project for the upcoming Asian Cup and forth.
      The language barrier argument is not a legitimate one, it's not hard for him to learn 8-9 words over the course of a few months that he will need to survive on the pitch. People survive in world football all the time not knowing each other's language, I think he should have been invited a long time ago and it's still not too late to integrate him for Russia but it seems to be too little too late based on what I have gathered from CQs latest comments
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
        A centre back that can't communicate with his other team mates in the defense and goalkeeper is very dangerous to try out at this stage of our World Cup preparation, Tafazolli is more a project for the upcoming Asian Cup and forth.
        Can't be worse than Ghoddos

Comment

Originally posted by Hoorad View Post
          Can't be worse than Ghoddos
          Yes he can bro. Both Ghoddos' mum and dad and Iranian. Tafazolli's dad is only Iranian, his mum is English. Ghoddos grew up speaking Farsi, Tafazolli is a straight up Sutton lad.

Comment

Originally posted by greenguy4life View Post
            Yes he can bro. Both Ghoddos' mum and dad and Iranian. Tafazolli's dad is only Iranian, his mum is English. Ghoddos grew up speaking Farsi, Tafazolli is a straight up Sutton lad.
            I know I was joking :|

Comment

Originally posted by Hoorad View Post
              I know I was joking :|
              [emoji23]. He'll be like 'come lad hit it ziresh!' 'yes over here.... I mean bedeh!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kian B. View Post
                He doesn't have to know THAT MUCH Persian. Just needs to know "bodo", "uno begir" and "bezan ziresh"
                😂🤣

Comment

Eh-li moanin mad-daahi wit Seyed Salehi

Comment

Ryan suffered a foot injury and will not feature for Peterborough's next match:

"Posh are without key man Gwion Edwards because of suspension tomorrow. Andrew Hughes is expected to replace him, probably as a left wing-back in a 3-4-1-2 formation. Central defender Ryan Tafazolli has a foot injury"

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/s...nths-1-8261093

Comment

FA Cup - Woking 1:1 Peterborough United:

*Ryan started the match and played the full 90 mins
                      *Ryan scored the opening goal in the 24th mins.

"Posh had taken the lead through centre back Ryan Tafazolli on 24 minutes and led until the 84th minute when star home player Joe Ward rammed home an equaliser, the very least Woking deserved."

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/...-cup-1-8268768

Comment

Originally posted by aenima_8 View Post
                        FA Cup - Woking 1:1 Peterborough United:

*Ryan started the match and played the full 90 mins
                        *Ryan scored the opening goal in the 24th mins.

[ATTACH]17639[/ATTACH]

"Posh had taken the lead through centre back Ryan Tafazolli on 24 minutes and led until the 84th minute when star home player Joe Ward rammed home an equaliser, the very least Woking deserved."

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/...-cup-1-8268768
                        I saw this. Honestly, he has to go and play in the championship. He's a lot better than the players he plays with. They shouldn't be drawing with Woking. Queiroz wants him to be playing at a higher level, otherwise how would he deal with Cristiano Ronaldo and Morata

Comment

Checktrade Trophy Playoffs - Peterborough United 2:0 Southend:

*Ryan started the match.
                          *Ryan was injured late in the match and was apparently stretchered off.
                          *Peterborough, already having exhausted their substitutions, and due to another late injury, had to complete the match with 9 men.
                          *Peterborough qualifies for the next round of the tournament.

"But late injuries to Da Silva Lopes and Tafazolli - the latter was stretchered off - gave Posh a nervy final with nine men."

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/...ound-1-8278303

"The Shrimpers' hopes were boosted when Posh duo Leo Da Silva Lopes and Ryan Tafazolli both going off injured to leave the hosts with just nine men."

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/157...hend_United_0/

Comment

Originally posted by aenima_8 View Post
                            Checktrade Trophy Playoffs - Peterborough United 2:0 Southend:

*Ryan started the match.
                            *Ryan was injured late in the match and was apparently stretchered off.
                            *Peterborough, already having exhausted their substitutions, and due to another late injury, had to complete the match with 9 men.
                            *Peterborough qualifies for the next round of the tournament.

"But late injuries to Da Silva Lopes and Tafazolli - the latter was stretchered off - gave Posh a nervy final with nine men."

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/...ound-1-8278303

"The Shrimpers' hopes were boosted when Posh duo Leo Da Silva Lopes and Ryan Tafazolli both going off injured to leave the hosts with just nine men."

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/157...hend_United_0/
                            Hopefully Ryan is ok??

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                              Hopefully Ryan is ok??
                              He's a machine bro. He'll get through it.

Comment

At this moment I'm doubtful he'll get called up to camp before the World Cup. I can however see him get invited after the World Cup and before the Asian Cup.

Comment

Working...
                                X