The latest Iranian football transfers - 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The latest Iranian football transfers - 2016

27 years old is the year players peak and have to play at the highest level at least for couple of years. Thinking about making more money comes when you're declining and that's around 31 years old, don't take Dejagah's case as an example, he's actually the bad example to follow.

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
      27 years old is the year players peak and have to play at the highest level at least for couple of years. Thinking about making more money comes when you're declining and that's around 31 years old, don't take Dejagah's case as an example, he's actually the bad example to follow.
      Many defenders also play until their mid-30's (33-35). If someone started playing football professionally at 20, and ended at 34, 27 would only be the halfway point of his career. It's ridiculous to believe that Dejagah didn't harm his career potential by leaving to Arabestan at his age. Was it the right decision for him financially, we have no right to say, but was it the best footballing decision? Absolutely not.

Hosseini leaving to Wolfsburg at 27 as an example, he would have been competing against high quality teams every week. That in itself would keep him sharper. He is already a solid defender, but I cannot imagine his quality if he played for a few years in a hyper-competitive league like Bundesliga. Maybe he wouldn't get faster or be a better athlete at 27, but his decision-making and football IQ would be top-notch if he went to a top league at 27.

Comment

That would be true if you were 27 and had been playing in Europe since you were young and you had progressed with the pace of European football! Coming from IPL as a 27 year old, you can't really gain anything by playing at the highest level. It's best to go and gain money as much as you can! Why wait?

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
          Hosseini leaving to Wolfsburg at 27 as an example, he would have been competing against high quality teams every week. That in itself would keep him sharper. He is already a solid defender, but I cannot imagine his quality if he played for a few years in a hyper-competitive league like Bundesliga. Maybe he wouldn't get faster or be a better athlete at 27, but his decision-making and football IQ would be top-notch if he went to a top league at 27.
          At 27 you are supposed to be a fully developed footballer! The only thing you gain after, it's experience. For all we know, a 27 year old Hosseini from IPL, might have had injured himself badly in Bundesliga and had been out of football for good! Or maybe he would have even made bad mistakes because of their pace, giving away penalties here and there, and was put on the bench and lost form!

It's easy for us to sit here and say what would have happened to this or that player if or when..... but the main point is that we still have our best CB in Hosseini, healthy and playing well and we should be thankful for that!

Comment

Guys, how reliable is the transfermarket site? Are the values just an estimation or true values? Who is behind giving them in the site?

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
              Hosseini could have played for Wolfsburg but he refused the offer. Pouraliganji had Dutch and Belgian teams wanting him, but he went to Qatar. And Montazeri has plenty of quality to play in Europe as well. He is a very intelligent player.
              Where did you get Wolfs offer for Hosseini? I never heard of it..
              Having said that, he is probably best central defender we had in last 15-16 years, if a guy like Rahman Rezaei with all of his costly defensive mistakes could have a pretty long in career in Italy despite joining Perugia at age of 26-27, i wonder why Hosseini couldn't..

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                Where did you get Wolfs offer for Hosseini? I never heard of it..
                Having said that, he is probably best central defender we had in last 15-16 years, if a guy like Rahman Rezaei with all of his costly defensive mistakes could have a pretty long in career in Italy despite joining Perugia at age of 26-27, i wonder why Hosseini couldn't..
                That's the question : do we prefer a player playing in Italy but making costly mistakes (Iran/Mexico 2006) or a guy staying in Iran/Qatar and being reliable? Do we prefer a Shojaei that play in Osasuna, Las Palmas but being crap in TM, or when he play in Qatar and being decent in Qatar?

Hosseini spoke about his regrets not joing Wolfsburg some years ago in an interview.

Comment

Rezaeian joins Persepolis.

http://www.varzesh3.com/news/1353288...C-%D8%B4%D8%AF

Comment

Of course.. lol what a joke

Comment

So Persepolis are going to remove Antony Golec (who hasn't convinced Branko) from their squad for the league to replace him with Rezaeian, and Golec will be registered for the Asian Champions League

Comment

^^another waste of money!! unbelievable i wish i can find myself an agent and go to iran ans pose as a professional player, sit on the bench and get a $250K check.
                        IRI = FAILED

Comment

Bruno Cesar (former Sepahan striker) joining Siah Jamegan.

Comment

Jami Rafati signed for Messina, Rezaei's former club. It's the 2nd Iranian who will play for that club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                              Jami Rafati signed for Messina, Rezaei's former club. It's the 2nd Iranian who will play for that club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Except back then they were in Serie A, and now they're in the third division :/

Comment

Looks like Reza Karmollachaab has signed a 5 year deal with Perspolis.

Comment

Working...
                                X