Steven Beitashour @ Toronto FC | 2015/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
    At Red Bull Arena I see Toronto warming up. I also see at least 10 meters of incorsetness in this thread.
    Then there's obviously a great incorset in Red Bull Arena. Just don't annoy Steven with your incorsetness if you get a chance to see him.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWheels View Post
      Then there's obviously a great incorset in Red Bull Arena. Just don't annoy Steven with your incorsetness if you get a chance to see him.
      I doubt anything would annoy Mehrdad if he's been able to deal with your self proclaimed 10 meters of incorsetness.
      I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
        I doubt anything would annoy Mehrdad if he's been able to deal with your self proclaimed 10 meters of incorsetness.
        Actually I'd rather do this and ruin one of your incorset articles, not on Stevie's

Comment

Originally posted by TheWheels View Post
          Actually I'd rather do this and ruin one of your incorset articles, not on Stevie's
          And once again we have confirmation of his 10 meters of incorsetness.
          I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

"Ex-Whitecaps fullback Beitashour thriving with Toronto FC

Toronto FC's search for an everyday right fullback has been just as tedious as watching no-talent singers get laughed offstage.

It was like American Idol, the soccer edition.

Toronto FC’s search for an everyday right fullback has been just as tedious as watching no-talent singers get laughed offstage.

Since 2014, the Reds have rotated 10 different bodies through the right side of defence.

“Who’s counting?” TFC bench boss Greg Vanney joked Tuesday.

It has been a positional crisis akin to the Cleveland Browns’ quarterback situation.

So, when the opportunity to grab a tried-and-true fullback arrived this winter, TFC GM Tim Bezbatchenko traded for Steven Beitashour, a cap casualty in Vancouver.

Long story short, through seven games the Reds have the best defence in the league. The Whitecaps, meanwhile, have conceded twice as many goals as TFC.

On the inside, the Whitecaps might regret letting Beitashour walk for a second-round draft pick. Their fullback situation is dire to say the least.

“(Vancouver coach Carl Robinson) didn’t want to get rid of me,” Beitashour said following Tuesday’s training. “I don’t think anyone in Vancouver wanted to get rid of me.

“We started off (negotiating) on the same page. They could have taken my option. But they said they were going to decline it. It opened up the door.”

Enter Toronto FC, a club whose defensive frailties were well-documented last season after conceding a league-high 58 times.

“I knew we’d get better defensively in terms of our personnel and I knew we’d enter this year with the right mindset,” Vanney said.

Beitashour has been a revelation on the right side of the pitch. Although his contributions – last-ditch tackles, blocks, clearances – don’t make highlight reels, the 29-year-old has been near flawless this season.

“His level of overall engagement is off the charts,” Vanney said of Beitashour. “He makes the right decision 99 per cent of the time.”

Beitashour, an Iranian international, believes the trade-and-sign deal with Toronto was the right decision at this point in his career.

While a half-dozen MLS franchises were interested in acquiring him, Beitashour said Toronto had the most appeal.

“They were headed on the right path,” Beitashour said. “I wanted to be part of that path.”

He phoned up teammate and longtime buddy Justin Morrow before finalizing the move.

“One of the biggest factors was talking to him, seeing what the organization is about,” Beitashour said.

“Toronto FC is serious about winning championships. I’ve been on teams that just wanted to make the playoffs. I wanted to have a goal of winning a championship.”

Just making the playoffs won’t be enough following Toronto’s embarrassing playoff exit last October. The fans, media and ownership expect more for the money spent

on TFC’s roster – including the $1 million poured into the team’s veteran defence.

Meanwhile, it’s one special occasion after another for Beitashour and the Reds the next few weeks.

Toronto FC travels to Portland Sunday for a match featured on ESPN. Six days later, they’ll open the new BMO Field in front of a sellout crowd.

“That’s one of the things that’s driving us through these road games,” Beitashour said. “(May 7) will feel like the first game of the season. Hopefully we pack the place and it’s loud.”"

http://theprovince.com/sports/soccer...ith-toronto-fc

Comment

"Toronto FC’s Beitashour dealing with a hip injury

TORONTO—The injury bug continues to hit Toronto FC.

Starting right fullback Steven Beitashour is questionable for Saturday’s road game vs. the Houston Dynamo due to a hip injury he picked up in the Reds’ 4-1 win over the New England Revolution last weekend. Beitashour did not participate in practice with his teammates on Thursday. Instead, he worked out on his own before leaving the training session early.

The Reds will train in Toronto on Friday morning before boarding a flight to Houston later in the day. Coach Greg Vanney explained that whether Beitashour makes the trip to Texas will depend on how he recovers ahead of that last practice before leaving town.

“He’s felt better every single day, so now that he’s on the right side of it we’ll see tomorrow how he comes out. If he can train with the group, then he’ll be available for the weekend,” Vanney said.

Vanney cautioned, though, that he won’t rush Beitashour back into action or take a chance unless he’s fully fit, especially with the team still dealing with injuries to key starters.

“Our goal is to get guys back and not to lose guys, so we’re not in a position where we feel we need to push anyone that is questionable. If he’s able to go in tomorrow in training and go 100 percent then he’ll be in consideration,” Vanney stated.

If Beitashour is unavailable for Toronto, look for either Mark Bloom to start in his place on the right side of defence, or for Vanney to use a 3-5-2 formation with three centre backs.

Beitashour, 29, has been one of TFC’s best off-season pickups, as he’s firmly established himself as one of the club’s most reliable defenders. He’s appeared in 21 of the Reds’ 23 regular season games—all as a starter—while accumulating 1860 minutes of playing time.

Starting goalkeeper Clint Irwin (quadriceps strain) and Canadian midfielder Will Johnson (bone fracture) remain out with long-term injuries. Irwin has been out since June 25; Johnson has been sidelined since June 30.

Johnson took part in full training on Thursday but is questionable for the Houston contest. Vanney said it’s more likely that the Canadian international will be available for the Reds’ game next week. Irwin is roughly 10-14 days away from returning to action, Vanney revealed.

Midfielder Benoit Cheyrou is still injured and is out for the Houston trip. The Frenchman has missed TFC’s last three contests with a hamstring problem. The hope is that he’ll return for the Reds’ next match."

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/steve...fc-toronto-fc/

Comment

Esteev got knocked down in the match which resulted in a brawl between rivals Toronto and Montreal.

Poor Esteev

https://youtu.be/Un1xIr2N5Vg

Comment

I vonder eef Esteev care abutt terying to peley for eeRon eggen.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli1 View Post
                    Esteev got knocked down in the match which resulted in a brawl between rivals Toronto and Montreal.

Poor Esteev

https://youtu.be/Un1xIr2N5Vg
                    Beitashour at fault for that goal that lost them the game. I think his days with TM are over at this point. He is at an advanced age. I think RB is a position where we need a real solid young defender. I thought Danial Mahini may have been it, but as quick as he came in, he is not playing in the PGL anymore. Ghafouri is on the bad end of an injury, and getting up in age too, and I don't rate Rezaeian as a proper RB. Maybe more of a midfielder than a true back. We need somebody who can defend down the right side. Shame there aren't any real two-way RB's in Iran that can contribute on offense while playing solid defense.

Montazeri did admirably in that position in Brazil WC, but him being there is just a band-aid on the problem. Soon, we won't be able to rely on Hosseini or Montazeri. They cannot play forever sadly. We need a RB and a CB to step up in the next 6 months for our team. At the moment, if either Hosseini or Montazeri gets an injury, we are in HUGE trouble.

Comment

If Beita wasn't injured he deserved a call to TM. His play has been solid and his team rose to first in it's division. Tfc fans and staff have been delighted by him. He has been a top 5 defender in mls this year. He certainly is good enough for a TM spot even if not a starter.

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk
                      Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Forget beita. He's no more in CQs plan.

Comment

I like eesteev. who says he can't play for CQ anymore?

Comment

Wow TFC is the coolest club in the MLS. Their fan culture seems so real and natural.

And our boy is in the middle of it . I know he is no TM material anymore, I'm just glad for him that he is in a good place.

Comment

Toronto FC is having one of their best season ever. Beitashour has been instrumental for them and has really helped in improving their defence. I hope to go watch him play soon, just haven't had the time If they win tomorrow, they will be 1st in the Eastern Conference standaings:

"Toronto FC will try to extinguish the Fire in Chicago

The Reds (12-8-7), who play the Fire in Chicago on Saturday, are coming off a 1-0 loss to the Montreal Impact on Aug. 27 which snapped both their eight-game unbeaten streak and nine-match unbeaten streak at BMO Field. Toronto had a bye week last week.

“It was a long week especially [after] losing the last game, so after a tough loss like that, you want to just get back at it,” said defender Steven Beitashour.

The loss saw the Reds drop in the Eastern Conference standings. Toronto, the top seed in the East two weeks ago, is now third, one point back of New York City FC for first place with a game in hand.

With six matches remaining following Saturday’s visit to Chicago, Beitashour, a veteran of seven MLS seasons, understands the importance of going into the playoffs on a roll.

“It’s huge. I don’t know what the stats are, but typically the team that wins the MLS Cup is on a bit of a roll just to finish off the season and going into the playoffs,” he said. “It’s one of those things that you would like to win Supporter’s Shield, have the best record, and win every single game. But at the end of the day, you want to be healthy and have good momentum going in to the playoffs.”

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...ticle31808799/

"Reports say Cooper has looked impressive in training and played 90 minutes last week for his country in a 2-0 win over Jamaica. His superior passing ability could be useful, while also giving fullback Steven Beitashour some much needed rest. Beitashour has been a rock all season, but has been beat up and bruised in the process. Beitashour can also play centre-back, making room for Cooper on the right."

http://www.tsn.ca/talent/how-tfc-can...sence-1.563235

Comment

#BeitashourforTM

He is ON FIRE lately

Comment

Working...
                                X