Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should CQ be fired after Turkemenistan draw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PayamPersia View Post
    I think Saudi-Arabia has a better head 2 head statistics against us too.

As Firdausi said it in Shahname it need Rostam to beat the Turans . Just joking, i think Turkmenistan showed good quality upfront but a shacky defense with alot of
    individual mistakes. Expect them to park the bus in the Azadi since it will be packed and we inform know about the capabilities of the Turkmens.
    These statistics mean nothing. And dont forget statistics are there to break them
    Absolutely

Sorry. I totally forgot about Saudi Arabia.....

Yes statistics are to break and it should time as we cannot afford it ...

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
    ahh. pish-posh.
    why shd we panic? this is just one of those freak results that happen only once in a long while.
    we'll advance quite comfortably and I guarantee it.
    so to make an issue of this is too much of a kneejerk reaction and premature.

I think CQ is doign the right thing by slowly changing the generation at TM and THESE games are where he shd do it ... in stead of the more serious and difficult final round games.

so cool it chaps and dont fret
    AKHHHH janam

That is why I praise and follow you all the time.. Short and sweet and to the point

No need to worry guys. Generation transition phase.. worse results are to come but in the end we will have a fresh strong team in Asia or even in the world
    sigpic
    SUPPORT TEAM MELLI
    IRAN
    - IRAN - ONLY IRAN

IRAN OUT OF AFC NOW!

IRAN WILL ROCK IN ASIA AGAIN IF IRI IS OVERTHROWN... MUBARAK, BIN-ALI, NOW IT IS THE TURN FOR SEID ALI

Comment

South Korea only managed to put two past Myanmar and Japan just tied Singapore at home. The latter is easily worse than our result today. Those who keep screaming about "the wrong gameplan" are too clueless to ask themselves how the hell a team can manage to create more than ten scoring chances playing with the wrong strategy! By the 20th minute we created enough opportunities to be up 5-0 and Azmoun alone could have had a hat trick.

In the end we were let down by poor finishing and an opposing goalie having what seemed like the game of his life, not to mention missing good subs for Pouladi and Shojaei, BOTH of which we can thank the sarbazi law for. Thanks to that rule and the "legend" that drew attention to it last year as part of his "blame everyone but yourself" tactic after losing a match against Foolad, we lost Pouladi probably for good, and can't field Rafiei because of an "investigation" that in most countries would take a few days but in Iran will probably end by 2025. CQ even tried to accompany Rafiei personally to have his case heard and resolved, but was rebuffed publicly by whoever the retard hezbol in charge of that department is.

You can't blame the strategy when that strategy creates one chance after another, only to be saved or wasted by careless finishing.

Comment

Thanks Bro thats it!

Comment

No he shouldn't but his tactics today must be questioned.

Comment

Originally posted by xerexes View Post
            South Korea only managed to put two past Myanmar and Japan just tied Singapore at home. The latter is easily worse than our result today. Those who keep screaming about "the wrong gameplan" are too clueless to ask themselves how the hell a team can manage to create more than ten scoring chances playing with the wrong strategy! By the 20th minute we created enough opportunities to be up 5-0 and Azmoun alone could have had a hat trick.

In the end we were let down by poor finishing and an opposing goalie having what seemed like the game of his life, not to mention missing good subs for Pouladi and Shojaei, BOTH of which we can thank the sarbazi law for. Thanks to that rule and the "legend" that drew attention to it last year as part of his "blame everyone but yourself" tactic after losing a match against Foolad, we lost Pouladi probably for good, and can't field Rafiei because of an "investigation" that in most countries would take a few days but in Iran will probably end by 2025. CQ even tried to accompany Rafiei personally to have his case heard and resolved, but was rebuffed publicly by whoever the retard hezbol in charge of that department is.

You can't blame the strategy when that strategy creates one chance after another, only to be saved or wasted by careless finishing.
            Exactly Xexres jaan

When you say careless finishing, you are absolutely right. It bothered me a lot to see how a high calibre player like Azmoun dribbled Turkmen defense so easily then played the ball inside the box like he was playing elementary school kids underestimating them and flirting with the ball a lot to show off..The result of such demining attitude will be an upset more determined opponent. Other players also were too confident! I remember Omid's game against Vietnam which seemed similar to this performance which is an indicator of an overconfidence attitude that our young players have. This can be resolved with more friendlies with weaker time wasting teams rather than playing a good vibrant Uzbekistan. I am not saying playing stronger teams should not be on the plan. We need more games and preparation with a combination of good, average and bad teams It was just easy to go in mighty, take the opponent seriously, refraining from additional moves with the ball and just put the ball in the net! Our team seems to have real difficulties with weaker teams. I think we need to even take Guam game seriously with a friendly with a team like Guam.
            sigpic
            SUPPORT TEAM MELLI
            IRAN
            - IRAN - ONLY IRAN

IRAN OUT OF AFC NOW!

IRAN WILL ROCK IN ASIA AGAIN IF IRI IS OVERTHROWN... MUBARAK, BIN-ALI, NOW IT IS THE TURN FOR SEID ALI

Comment

No he shouldn't but his tactics today must be questioned.
              Ok then we should start to questioned. But before that we have to clear :what was the tactics of TM today?

Comment

Originally posted by arasradio View Post
                It bothered me a lot to see how a high calibre player like Azmoun dribbles Turkmen defense so easily then play the ball inside the box like he is playing elementary school kids underestimating them and flirting with a ball a lot to show off.. Other players also were too confident! I remember Omid's game against Vietnam which seemed similar to this performance which is an indicator of an overconfidence attitude that our young players have.
                Very good point and I actually meant to bring this up. I think when it's all said and done Azmoun will end his career as our best forward ever, but right now there is definitely some rawness and immaturity to his approach which is somewhat natural for his age. He wasn't the only one though. It seemed our players started taking the game for granted after the first twenty minutes when we were basically manhandling Turkmenistan.

Comment

Originally posted by PayamPersia View Post
                  Ok then we should start to questioned. But before that we have to clear :what was the tactics of TM today?
                  take a look at the kick-off, and untill Azmouns goal. there's your answer. Air balls into their area. if you look closely, they would rather play the ball OUTSIDE their penalty area and they litteraly pass in the direction away from their goal, keep playing the ball away to someone who can send an air ball in, it is so frustrating to watch, I could not believe my own eyes even after watching it several times.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                    ahh. pish-posh.
                    why shd we panic? this is just one of those freak results that happen only once in a long while.
                    we'll advance quite comfortably and I guarantee it.
                    so to make an issue of this is too much of a kneejerk reaction and premature.

I think CQ is doign the right thing by slowly changing the generation at TM and THESE games are where he shd do it ... in stead of the more serious and difficult final round games.

so cool it chaps and dont fret

besides, the pitch was a freaking disaster waiting to happen and was one of the worst pitches I've seen. Even horses would get injured running on it. so I'm quite relieved we didnt sustain any injuries.
                    on a fine pitch, this team will get raped by our lads.
                    Just as long as our lads dont get c0cky and try to show off and just get the business done.

that said I have to also add there are a few points of criticism that need to be brought up.

for ages and year afater year, game after game we see that Hajsafi is not a reliable LB when defending. yes, he might be excellent "going forward" and atatcking down the left flank. but when it comes to the actual DEFENSIVE DUTIES like marking tracking the opponent, positioning yourself, your body, ... etc etc, he comes up very very short.
                    so I really question using him at LB despite OVERWHELMING evidence that this post doesnt suit him when he is required to defend.

The irony is that we DO have a couple of really capable LB's in Iran who are far more reliable defensively. Like Jamaati, who btw, is extremely lethal going forward as well.
                    So why this insistence on using Hajsafi in a post that actually reduces his usefulness to the team?

Comment

I had to run to a meeting after the game and haven't read through the comments in this thread, but I just wanted to say that if we do want Iran to play more offensively, we have to give CQ some time to make the changes.

Can't eat our cake and have it too. The generational change needs to happen and CQ needs to try different formations. Yes, the old crew eventually fit into the 4-2-3-1 - it took some time. 4-3-3 is also going to take time, especially in lieu of the generational change.

Let's face it, had we scored even half of the clear chances that we had and ended the game 4-1, there should have been no complaints. I for one like seeing a lot of the stuff that are being tried (either tactically or with our youngsters), but we have to be patient.

It took a very long time for the older crowd to have the type of discipline that's needed to play at a high level. We played very emotionally today, like the old days. When everyone settles in and CQ has had more time with them, I'm sure we'll be fine.

At the expense of using cliches, sometimes you need to take a step back to take a few steps forward and that's exactly where we're at right now.

Comment

...oh, and before I forget, GET SHOJAEI OUT.
                        retire already, man. it's way past time

Comment

Should CHaMiLLionaire be banned for opening another thread like this one?

Comment

Its 1 fucken draw against a home team with new young players being tested out.... so no, CQ shouldn't be fired for fucks sake.

Comment

not a big surprise to be honest, 5th time we play turkmenistan and have never beaten them.this is one of those unexplainable things. without a doubt not cq nor any other coach should be fired after the first game of such a campaign. you fire coaches at the end of campaigns not the beginning. sometimes in the middle when drastic changes are needed but very rarely.

turkmenistan played good and our team was impatient and squandered lots of chances. too many crosses as well eventhough we won most battles for crosses we could not capitalize. we must be very careful though there is such a narrow margin of error in such groups with weak opposition and only one spot who advances automatically, oman might not drop points against these teams and we should make sure we have our destiny in our own hands.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli1 View Post
                                Should CHaMiLLionaire be banned for opening another thread like this one?

The irony is, if you read the first page, this was a sarcastic post to pose as some of the emotional members here on PFDC.

I didn't realize it would be 6 pages in a day. it might as well be a post-match thread lol....

Comment

Working...
                                X