No announcement yet.

Get to know our opponents in the upcoming Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All these people having erections over Morocco for sure just have some sort of foreigner inferiority complex lmao. Big deal that they pass well, so did South Korea when they played against us. They lack good attackers in the final third. I can see us beating them with a couple good counterattack’s after bunkering against their passing game. If anything, they play exactly to our strengths as they are less of a direct side. Bring it on. Oh and they have a bunch of skinny guys in midfield who would get easily outmuscled by even Omid Ebrahmi in dm. I’m not worried even one bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoorad View Post
      They are good in defense and midfield, but they lack a real finisher up top like we do.
      I dont think we can afford to give them the midfield and park and counter. One of Ebrahimi or Hajsafi is going to have to have a great game.

Dangerous chance Morocco.

0-0 22'

Comment

Iran also played AWAY in Turkey's home stadium. I think people forget this. If Iran played Turkey in random neutral venue, we would likely have started less jittery and not conceded a goal in 6 minutes. That is not usual for Iran, and we will not be playing away to Morocco. I think people are ignoring many important things just to feel badbakht. Let Morocco go to Attaturk stadium and dominate Turkey.

Comment

Also, every Morocco game I have watched, they are extremely reliant on Nordin Amrabat to take the ball forward down the right side. There is a huge bias in their offensive play towards the right. Given that we are defensively much stronger on our left side than our right, this will be great for us.

Comment

Damn not gonna lie, I dont have an erection for Morocco, but just being real, they are pretty strong. Especially because they have the basics of PASSING and TRAPPING down. They are 100% controlling this game i havent even seen ukraine touch it. It is one thing to have an inferiority complex and another to be real and critical

Comment

Based on this first 20 mins, they play a high intensity, high work rate game - but a lot of their energy is expended on plays that go no where once they get around the 18 (similar to us in many ways).

Comment

Originally posted by JamB View Post
                Damn not gonna lie, I dont have an erection for Morocco, but just being real, they are pretty strong. Especially because they have the basics of PASSING and TRAPPING down. They are 100% controlling this game i havent even seen ukraine touch it. It is one thing to have an inferiority complex and another to be real and critical
                That's not being real though. Iran is perfectly equipped to deal with teams that play the way this Morocco team plays. We have issues against direct and physical teams, not teams who pass the ball around. Iran's strength is being compact and pressing when they don't have the ball and then counterattacking. If we can have a good midfield press, we will easily outmuscle their physically weak midfield and cut out their passing lanes, causing us to capitalize on their mistakes and have chances on the break.

Comment

Morocco vs Ukraine. This teams is beatable by iran by far.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JUKabP3zTI

Comment

Originally posted by Saam View Post
                    That's not being real though. Iran is perfectly equipped to deal with teams that play the way this Morocco team plays. We have issues against direct and physical teams, not teams who pass the ball around. Iran's strength is being compact and pressing when they don't have the ball and then counterattacking. If we can have a good midfield press, we will easily outmuscle their physically weak midfield and cut out their passing lanes, causing us to capitalize on their mistakes and have chances on the break.
                    They are horrible at finishing, passing won't mean much in the world cup when you're 1-0 down

Comment

Also, every Morocco game I have watched, they are extremely reliant on Nordin Amrabat to take the ball forward down the right side. There is a huge bias in their offensive play towards the right. Given that we are defensively much stronger on our left side than our right, this will be great for us.
                      Amrabat usually plays on the left side. Renard is testing a new system today with 3 center backs and Amrabat is playing on the right but he plays on the left with our usual system wich is a 4-3-3.

Comment

Morocco plays alot like us.
                        One interesting point - they really push their defense up, which can really work to our advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoorad View Post
                          They are horrible at finishing, passing won't mean much in the world cup when you're 1-0 down
                          Who is? Iran or Morocco? Are you agreeing with what I'm saying? I agree, passing won't mean anything when you need a result. That's why after seeing the way they play, I think we are well-equipped to beat them and a lot less worried for this game.

Comment

Originally posted by Moroccan Expert View Post
                            Amrabat usually plays on the left side. Renard is testing a new system today with 3 center backs and Amrabat is playing on the right but he plays on the left with our usual system wich is a 4-3-3.
                            That's surprising because I watched the Gabon match when they dominated them and Amrabat was again on the right. Even against Serbia he was on the right.

Comment

first 33 minutes, Morocco is a team to beat.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JUKabP3zTI

Comment

Who is? Iran or Morocco? Are you agreeing with what I'm saying? I agree, passing won't mean anything when you need a result. That's why after seeing the way they play, I think we are well-equipped to beat them and a lot less worried for this game.
                                I agree with you. Sardar Azmoun. Azmoun>Boutaib Ukraine don't have any real defenders, but we need to call up J Hosseini at least only for this match since their striker isn't too fast, just physical.

Comment

Working...
                                X