No announcement yet.

Get to know our opponents in the upcoming Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow Saudi 2-0. They are playing excellent football. Their team has gotten really strong and now with this win they are topping their group.

Comment

Goal KSA... 2-0 Saudi
      Important 3 points as they top the group going to Japan next match

Comment

UAE are pure bottlers

Comment

Anyone think either Australia, Japan, or South Korea miss the World Cup??
          They usually make it every year

Comment

3-0 for KSA. That foul should have been a penalty awarded for Saudi. I'm impressed by their team. I've only watched this game and against Australia and they have played great.

Comment

Japan and SK are currently positioned third. I know it's too early, but with their not so convincing performances(regardless of results), there is a good possibility both ending up as they are now, which could set up an interesting play-off match.

I still hope Saudis get eliminated somehow, but they are currently in a favorable position to finish at least third. Although they got 6 points from penalties(first 2 matches), they had some promising performances afterwards. However, their real test against Japan will show their caliber.

Iraq had a tough luck against Saudi and Japan. They could have earned at least 2 points from those encounters, but got nothing in their pockets. They still have a chance for the third position.

UAE and Thailand will be eliminated.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                This shit is rigged. Why can Uzbekistan play all their home games first? That's not fair at all. They played only 1 away game yet, and their other games were all in Tashkent. Stupid AFC for their silly scheduling.
                I'd much rather to play most of our home games in the return matches. Plus please let's not employ such conspiratorial theories. It makes us look like sore losers. Let's just play our games and win as many as we can!

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
                  Anyone think either Australia, Japan, or South Korea miss the World Cup??
                  They usually make it every year
                  I think Australia and Japan will qualify directly.

Saudi Arabia has still got their toughest matches ahead, and I would be surprised if they manage to finish in the top 2.

Korea seems to be the most shaky out of the three you mentioned. I think there is a chance that they will have to qualify through play-off. I hope they qualify so we can have 5 Asian teams in the World Cup for the first time.

Iran, Uzbekistan, Australia, Japan, S Korea

Comment

http://www.eurosport.com/football/se...87/story.shtml

Marcello Lippi to coach the China national team

Comment

^shitt, not a very good news for TM, i suppose..!!!?

they've been a toothless bunch so far in WCQs and im still pissed we threw away 2 easy points vs them at china..!!

surely they can't get any worse from this move..!! most likely improve tactically and an obvious confidence boost to their team..!

Comment

Originally posted by GolfePersique View Post

Terrible idea.
                        They need someone who can work with young players. Lippi will always take older more experienced players. He is not about football regeneration.
                        Their issues are more fundamental than just national team players. They are pumping tons of money into football but its mostly going to agents, foreign players or sitting as a means of money laundering by billionaires.

They need to someone to overhaul their youth set up. Then they will see some success.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                          Terrible idea.
                          They need someone who can work with young players. Lippi will always take older more experienced players. He is not about football regeneration.
                          Their issues are more fundamental than just national team players. They are pumping tons of money into football but its mostly going to agents, foreign players or sitting as a means of money laundering by billionaires.

They need to someone to overhaul their youth set up. Then they will see some success.
                          Big name. Not the right ideas for this Chinese team. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by GolfePersique View Post

Will be fun to see him in Tehran
                            WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Even Mourinho wouldn't qualify this horrible China team to the World Cup. Good luck to them, the future superpower of Asia lmao.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                                Terrible idea.

well , i doubt he was hired to revive their grass roots football ..!!
                                your right in your assessment, but i believe they've hired this well experienced, high level international coach in order to revive their hopes for WCQs..!!
                                doubt if Lippi would remain their coach after their likely failed WCQ attempt..! also doubt Lippi would be making any revolutionary changes to their current WCQ Squad, this late in the process..!!???

I still think it was a much needed change..!! and it certainly couldnt hurt their WCQ chances and most likely improve it...!!
                                Still qualifying this team to Russia seems too tall of an order, for even lippi...!!

Comment

Working...
                                X