Kia FC based on Hoffenheim model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sly View Post
    Thanks for your input and update about KIA academy.

I do agree about facilities and better training and friendlies for the European kids. However, I think you touched on a very sensitive point here above. I was gonna say despite the better training facilities and schools, the main reason for this difference must be "genetics". At youth level, our players are physically stronger (because of faster growth in some cases) whereas when they grow up, the Europeans get stronger with much better stamina. I'm starting to really believe that.

Anyways, I hope KIA's training for these kids will create much better generation for our football. Having said that, I wasn't very impressed to read that even in KIA's team, they still do not play the best football and are dependent on their best players, plus some of them still play selfishly like the rest of Iranian players. I thought these stuff rooted in our football culture would get eliminated by proper training in KIA's academy. That was their purpose for bringing lots of foreign coaches to Iran on regular basis to teach and acquiring psychologists working with the kids already at this age. I guess I was wrong!
    It's not about genetics. Its about discipline in training and lifestyle.

Once a player hit 18-19 years old they need to put in alot of work themselves.
    Most Iranian players are poorly disciplined and won't do the bare basics to hit and maintain their optimum stamina/fitness/strength...
    Most clubs in Iran have absolutely zero control over nutrition, diet, sleep, ... most clubs in Europe do... if you tried this in Iran, players would complain and cry and moan and some asshole would make it about human rights.

Its really as simple as that. Professionalism isn't just about your paycheck and dating some bimbo model... its about waking up early, training twice a day, eating well, exercising...

Comment

16min video of our young boys as the prepare for and take on Athletico Madrid in the final match. Very inspiring and emotional. As I watch these boys who have home-made jerseys (unlike Athletico, decked out in Nike apparel) and the weight of the world on their shoulders, it nearly brought tears to my eyes when they won. They deserve so much respect and admiration for their accomplishments...against all odds!

FC KIA boys you made your country proud!

https://www.instagram.com/tv/ByR_rTI...=1d7m4ir35t1u7

Comment

But how come our kids turn out better? It's not like our kids' moms were training in Barcelona while being pregnant with them! The European kids sure as h*ll have better training facilities and coaches as well. They do when they are already 5 or 6.

But at a certain age, the Europeans start to get better. There must be a logical explanation for this.
        Two words: GOL KOOCHIK
        Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
          Two words: GOL KOOCHIK
          I lived in Iran for a couple of my junior high/high school years and the teachers wouldn't give us any balls to play with at school so we played with bottle caps. That alone improved my game 10 fold. Iranian have a passion for the sport that I haven't seen anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by mistermo View Post
            I lived in Iran for a couple of my junior high/high school years and the teachers wouldn't give us any balls to play with at school so we played with bottle caps. That alone improved my game 10 fold. Iranian have a passion for the sport that I haven't seen anywhere else.
            I remember when I was in elementary and high school in Iran (a very very long time ago), the teachers would not allow us to bring soccer balls to the school. We actually played with ping pong balls, tennis balls, rounded pine cones, and socks stuffed inside each other as make shift balls. Of course, then we would go home and play street ball (gol koochik) with plastic balls.

I think one of the reasons Iranian kids are good early on is their technical footwork developed early on. Later of course, proper training, tactics, physical strength, etc becomes much more important and that's where we lag behind.
            Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Are these guys really Under 13? Some of them look more like 15 year old kids than 12/13 year olds.

Comment

Originally posted by Golefarsi View Post
                Are these guys really Under 13? They look more like 15-16 year old kids than 12/13 year olds.
                Lol they are. Actually many people are asking the same question in the cup's Facebook page. I didn't expect an Iranian to raise this topic though. I don't know about you, but me personally I already had mustache and looked like I was 14-15 when I was just 11-12. I almost had the same height as I do now. Based on other Iranians I've met I can say that we start to grow quite early compared to European kids.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Comment

Are these guys really Under 13? Some of them look more like 15 year old kids than 12/13 year olds.
                  I was shaving when I was 12 dude, most Iranian origin kids who I knew the same age as me reached puberty a lot earlier than the British guys.

Comment

Having said that, I wasn't very impressed to read that even in KIA's team, they still do not play the best football and are dependent on their best players, plus some of them still play selfishly like the rest of Iranian players. I thought these stuff rooted in our football culture would get eliminated by proper training in KIA's academy. That was their purpose for bringing lots of foreign coaches to Iran on regular basis to teach and acquiring psychologists working with the kids already at this age. I guess I was wrong!
                    I have to correct that part Sly Jan and it's actually my fault since I didn't take the time to explain it properly.

I indeed said that the kids were not really good on the ground and that they relied on several players and that one player was really selfish. Now that being said it doesn't mean that they don't know how to play properly, it's just that it was their game plan, rely on their physical game and play the ball to Sadra who is head and shoulders above the rest of the team. Mehdi also explained to me that this u13 team played together not longer than a month so obviously you can't build up some good team play and don't forget that the opponents played all the season together. That's what I meant by relying on several players.

About being selfish, Sadra was selfish indeed and I will tell you something that I learned as a scout.

There are two kinds of selfish players. There's the one who will never give the ball away and put himself into more difficult situations and there's the other type of selfish players like Sadra who only have eyes on the opponents goal.

In the second case, you can never blame a player for being selfish when he created situations out of nothing. In those cases specially with younger kids, I usually write in my report that the player would rather find the solution himself instead of slowing down the game and is often successful at it however a certain balance in this player's game needs to be found. At this age, its actually a quality, imagine if people would tell to a young Messi or Ronaldo to pass the ball after passing one opponent down, they would never develop into the players they are today.

Comment

Its not about having mustache. I base it on the body structure. We are talking about UNDER 13 year olds, they can be 12 to and that makes them something like 6th class in school. With all the hormones and stuff we have in food today maybe Children become mature faster.

Comment

Its not about having mustache. I base it on the body structure. We are talking about UNDER 13 year olds, they can be 12 to and that makes them something like 6th class in school. With all the hormones and stuff we have in food today maybe Children become mature faster.
                        I understand your point but mustache was just an example. I said it above that even physically myself and Iranian teenagers that I knew at that time were quite advanced compared to European kids. Ghadre chelo kababo bedoonid[emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by dcpp View Post
                          I have to correct that part Sly Jan and it's actually my fault since I didn't take the time to explain it properly.

I indeed said that the kids were not really good on the ground and that they relied on several players and that one player was really selfish. Now that being said it doesn't mean that they don't know how to play properly, it's just that it was their game plan, rely on their physical game and play the ball to Sadra who is head and shoulders above the rest of the team. Mehdi also explained to me that this u13 team played together not longer than a month so obviously you can't build up some good team play and don't forget that the opponents played all the season together. That's what I meant by relying on several players.

About being selfish, Sadra was selfish indeed and I will tell you something that I learned as a scout.

There are two kinds of selfish players. There's the one who will never give the ball away and put himself into more difficult situations and there's the other type of selfish players like Sadra who only have eyes on the opponents goal.

In the second case, you can never blame a player for being selfish when he created situations out of nothing. In those cases specially with younger kids, I usually write in my report that the player would rather find the solution himself instead of slowing down the game and is often successful at it however a certain balance in this player's game needs to be found. At this age, its actually a quality, imagine if people would tell to a young Messi or Ronaldo to pass the ball after passing one opponent down, they would never develop into the players they are today.

Damet garm you’re going to make an excellent scout
                          Team Meli Iran
                          Perspolis FC
                          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Lol they are. Actually many people are asking the same question in the cup's Facebook page. I didn't expect an Iranian to raise this topic though. I don't know about you, but me personally I already had mustache and looked like I was 14-15 when I was just 11-12. I almost had the same height as I do now. Based on other Iranians I've met I can say that we start to grow quite early compared to European kids.

The nerve of those fans... have they ever seen the photos of Lukaku when he was a youth player? He was nearly twice as big as other players.

Comment

Why would they cheat for a silly friendly tournament? Had it been the world cup I could understand but this is some.mickey mouse tournament. They need to get real!
                              "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Thank you for the clarification dcpp jan. Now it makes more sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X