Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should replace Carlos Quiros, if he is gone for good.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We need someone with huge balls who can stand up against these IR good for nothings, as well as rebellious players. Leniency and gentleman-alike personalities won't cut it in this country. You need to be a straight shooter and extremely disciplined individual in charge to get things done your way, and in this case a great foreign coach's way would be the only way to proceed.

We all remember the chaotic TM camps of 2004-2006 era (Need I elaborate?) For the first time ever our TM camps have been absolutely free of chaos and clashes. Our payers have never been so united and supportive of one another, as well as their coach. Because the coach repelled all the poisonous pests/bugs from our camps. The only coach whom I can compare to CQ in this matter may be Parviz Dehdari and that is it!

The worst move would be to hire a domestic coach, as it will once again revive all those hellish TM days...

Comment

If There's a New Coach

I really hope that the Iranian Soccer Federation and Carlos Queiroz reach an agreement for him to stay at the helm for another four years. If not, my gut feeling is that Javad Nekounam will most likely be hired as the new coach. If Queiroz is gone (which hopefully won't happen), Nekounam might actually be a good choice for a cash-strapped federation. He's intelligent and hardworking, and he knows the game and, in particular, Iranian soccer real well, having played an integral role for the national team and Osasuna in La Liga for many years. Furthermore, he has a solid understanding of international soccer, with the necessary interpersonal skills to deal with the players, domestic organizations, leagues and coaches as well as foreign entities and worldwide media-essential qualities for any coach who wants to be successful at an international level today.

The only drawback is his lack of adequate experience as a coach. But his youth, energy level, enthusiasm and overall potential will amply make up for that weakness.

Comment

I vote for Jose Mourinho.
        He will continue the tradition and is from CQ's 'hood.
        He looks kinda Iranian.
        He can whine better than all Iranian coaches.
        And last but not least he can park a bus.
        Match made in football heavens.

Comment

its CQ or bust ...!! or should i say its Carlos or Ridan...
          those are the only realistic choices left still for IFF

Comment

Originally posted by beri486 View Post
            I vote for Jose Mourinho.
            He will continue the tradition and is from CQ's 'hood.
            He looks kinda Iranian.
            He can whine better than all Iranian coaches.
            And last but not least he can park a bus.
            Match made in football heavens.
            I’d love Moruinho, that is if he even considers us worthy. :/

Comment

Guys, even seeing the name Mourinho here : shame on us! After what just happened in the last 8 years with CQ, do you ever think that a coach of that caliber will step on this soil anytime soon?

Comment

No point. Fold the team
                WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Carlos Queiroz.

Comment

If CQ wants to coach for another four years, he should be considered for Iran first.

IFF must go to hell and let the fans to pay CQ's salary. There are many rich Eye-ranians all over the world which also circumvent the sanctions and pay CQ in foreign currency.

No Iranian coaches. No experience with other coaches. Give CQ another four years, then plan for his replacement since he will retire.
                    چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

lol 34 people have voted for Mansourian!!!!!!!!

Comment

You guys need to bear in mind that this poll was initiated almost 4 years ago, when Mansourian, faraki etc. were temporarily doing decently. So don't be too surprised by the look of the votes...

Comment

We should throw some stupid money & snatch José Pékerman..! Essentially swapping coaches with Columbia..!
                          @ least I could stomach such a change..!
                          I’d barf if Brangoh is mentioned again or any other Gooozo Domestic coach is brought on ke too sare kale TM osta beshe..!

Comment

no foreign coach wants to coach TM, especially with the sanctions, except branko. l actually hope branko will coach us again, so he can fcuk up some more, maybe lose to jordan or chinese tapai in azadi, then hopefully he'll learn to shut his mouth.

when the time is right i feel that kia/hashemian will be a great pick for coach, since they actually have credentials
                            SHOW TIME!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                              its CQ or bust ...!! or should i say its Carlos or Ridan...
                              those are the only realistic choices left still for IFF
                              I would argue that it has already been a bust. In 8+ years we have all drank from the very expensive CQ garorade. Is the money we pay this man really worth it? I think we have become clouded in our view of him. The external footballing world certainly does not see this guy as all that great or mighty. In fact, I would suggest he has so much hype but doesn't really get modern football. The huge advantage CQ has is is connections, but I doubt other international coaches at far less prices can't match that. I am not talking Branko, but certainly many on this list (https://www.forbes.com/sites/ricardo.../#c4c604942741) are cheaper and can do a much much better job with Asia's #1.

As an example of what I mean, remember CQ and his rant against the referee and Ronaldo...we know Ronaldo received a yellow despite CQ feeling it was an automatic red during the WC...how does the world media see it?

Iran manager Carlos Queiroz couldn't understand why Cristiano Ronaldo wasn't sent off. Ronaldo appeared to elbow center-back Morteza Pouraliganji as they jockeyed for possession, prompting hysteria on Iran's bench. Referee Enrique Caceres was called to review the footage and ultimately gave Ronaldo a yellow instead of the red Queiroz was looking for. It took several minutes before Caceres reached into his pocket.

"Elbow is a red card in the rules," Queiroz said. "The rules don't say if it's (Lionel) Messi or Ronaldo."
                              Ronaldo clearly swung his arm but only to get past Morteza Pouraliganji, who had stumbled into the path of the Portuguese international. According to FIFA rules, a player can be cautioned for a reckless offense and sent off for using excessive force. No one can dispute Ronaldo was reckless, but it's debatable whether he used excessive force. Caceres had reasonable cause to show a yellow card.

Verdict: Hit ✅

https://www.thescore.com/news/1686462

For me...the definition of insanity as Einstein put it...is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. CQ did a lot in the first 4 years but I think he has stayed long enough as TM has now stagnated. Time for a change. No excuses, no Iran team should ever under any current or past circumstances draw against Palestine. Asia's # 1 should aim only for AC glory and nothing else...no matter what...no excuses! If we are not in AC final then CQ must go! End of story.
                              Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Gerardo Martino and Paul Le Guen are available for post Asian Cup. What do you guys think?

Comment

Working...
                                X