World Cup 2018 Qualification Gets Under Way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Team Melli Fan View Post
    Carlos Ruiz just broke Ali Daei's record for most World Cup qualifying goals
    It's ok he still has the record for most international goals, the one he's most famous for

Comment

I expect a minimum of 2 points in our next 2 matches: Uzbekistan away & Korea home.

Here is the golden rule for our next 2 matches:

If we WIN against Uzbekistan, then we can afford to lose against Korea. (3 points from these 2 matches)

If we DRAW against Uzbekistan then we must at least draw with Korea too. (2 points from these 2 matches)

If we LOSE against Uzbekistan then we must win against Korea. (3 points from these 2 matches)

Anything less than this means that we will be in trouble and can expect a repeat of 2014 WCQ.

Comment

Originally posted by Bessos View Post
        I expect a minimum of 2 points in our next 2 matches: Uzbekistan away & Korea home.

Here is the golden rule for our next 2 matches:

If we WIN against Uzbekistan, then we can afford to lose against Korea. (3 points from these 2 matches)

If we DRAW against Uzbekistan then we must at least draw with Korea too. (2 points from these 2 matches)

If we LOSE against Uzbekistan then we must win against Korea. (3 points from these 2 matches)

Anything less than this means that we will be in trouble and can expect a repeat of 2014 WCQ.
        I am sorry but 2 points would be absolutely pitiful. We need a minimum of 4 points for a comfortable campaign.

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
          I am sorry but 2 points would be absolutely pitiful. We need a minimum of 4 points for a comfortable campaign.
          This was never going to be a comfortable campaign. Its the last round of the world cup qualifiers.

Comment

We are talking about 2 of the 3 hardest matches here. (The 3rd one being Korea away)

If we can at least draw them both (2 points), we are still on course.

Ofc winning against Uzbekistan AND drawing with Korea (4 points) can be done if TM has a good day, but it is not a must.

Yes we will feel comfortable if we get 4 points from these 2 matches, but getting 2 or 3 points is not that bad either.

Comment

Originally posted by Bessos View Post
              We are talking about 2 of the 3 hardest matches here. (The 3rd one being Korea away)

If we can at least draw them both (2 points), we are still on course.

Ofc winning against Uzbekistan AND drawing with Korea (4 points) can be done if TM has a good day, but it is not a must.

Yes we will feel comfortable if we get 4 points from these 2 matches, but getting 2 or 3 points is not that bad either.
              I am sorry but I do not see it that way. If we grab 2 points we are letting the teams in particular Uzbekistan to distant themselves from us.

We are playing at home so there is no reason not to get the full 3 points from Korea and at least a draw in Tashkent. If we aim for only 2 points we surely will have a Rocky road ahead and most likely will miss out on the first 2 spots.

Comment

I am sorry but I do not see it that way. If we grab 2 points we are letting the teams in particular Uzbekistan to distant themselves from us.
                We are playing at home so there is no reason not to get the full 3 points from Korea and at least a draw in Tashkent. If we aim for only 2 points we surely will have a Rocky road ahead and most likely will miss out on the first 2 spots.
                That would be the case if Uzbekistan were to win the remainder of their matches. Why do you guys assume that Uzbekistan will not drop points in their next game vs Qatar, vs China, not to mention South Korea etc?

I'm hoping for a minimum of 4 points, anything less than that and I'll be dissapointed, but you guys are talking like the teams we face are world class and will win all of their games.

Comment

via Imgflip Meme Generator[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
                    That would be the case if Uzbekistan were to win the remainder of their matches. Why do you guys assume that Uzbekistan will not drop points in their next game vs Qatar, vs China, not to mention South Korea etc?
                    I'm hoping for a minimum of 4 points, anything less than that and I'll be dissapointed, but you guys are talking like the teams we face are world class and will win all of their games.
                    They probably will drop points against Korea but I do not see them dropping too many points against China and particularly Qatar which they have already defeated away. My point is we have to stay on top otherwise it will be a hit or miss to qualify like it has been for the last 2 WCQs.

Comment

I write this to us, all Iranian Fans: I want to ask everybody to support the team melli even in difficult moments. Even in resistance and defeat. Let us fight together with the right attitude to the last drop of sweat, blood and tears. Stop with the negative mentality. Criticize but always with the right attitude.

Comment

Only Iranians would complain about 4 points in 2 games - we are still in very good position. Please stop it. We didn't play great, of course. But that's because of our lack of friendlies. We will get stronger as this goes on, trust me.

Now we have to take the heart of the Uzbekis and Koreans and eat it with 6 points.

Comment

I do not mean to brag, but China historically does not do well against Uzbekistan. They are sort of a strong, up and coming team, but tend to have the underdog mentality playing against Uzbekistan and do not perform well. That being said, we never take any opponent lightly under any circumstances.
                          Haq olinur, berilmas - rights are earned, not granted.

Comment

Off-topic, but does anyone have the video from 2006 wcq where we are playing Qatar and their players start to dive to waste time? The commentator started to make fun of them yelling bring an ambulance etc..

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
                              Off-topic, but does anyone have the video from 2006 wcq where we are playing Qatar and their players start to dive to waste time? The commentator started to make fun of them yelling bring an ambulance etc..
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfKvz0ITj38

Comment

Originally posted by CHaMiLLionaire View Post
                                Thanks bro!

Comment

Working...
                                X