World Cup 2018 Qualification Gets Under Way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Omid177 View Post
    The commentator and fans even cried. Imagine Iran qualifying for the WC after 27 years. They won between 2006 - 2010 three African cups in a row but could never manage to qualify for the WC while other Arab nations like Saudi, Algeria or Tunisia could do it. Imagine the frustration they had all these years.
    Especially in the 2010 WCQ. They lost to Algeria in the one game play-off.

Comment

I hope Ukraine wins tonight and qualifies.

If not Russia-Iran, I want the opening match to be either Russia vs. Ukraine, or Russia vs. USA.

purely for the drama.

Comment

Originally posted by elnino99 View Post
        If not Russia-Iran, I want the opening match to be either Russia vs. Ukraine, or Russia vs. USA.
        purely for the drama.
        While I believe we can beat Russia - and it would be huge to be in their group regarding Pot 1 teams - I do worry a bit about being in that stadium cheering against russian fans :-|

Comment

Originally posted by rjafari View Post
          While I believe we can beat Russia - and it would be huge to be in their group regarding Pot 1 teams - I do worry a bit about being in that stadium cheering against russian fans :-|
          I don't know about Russian "fans", but Russian people are among my most favorite in the world. They are extremely warm (especially if they see you respecting their culture and can say at least a couple of Russian words), are very smart in terms of history/geopolitics, and have tough mentality which I admire.

Comment

I don't know about Russian "fans", but Russian people are among my most favorite in the world. They are extremely warm (especially if they see you respecting their culture and can say at least a couple of Russian words), are very smart in terms of history/geopolitics, and have tough mentality which I admire.
            European football supporters from east europe are nornaly not very friendly.
            They are very very racistic. So i think they will have fights with muslim countries.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
              That's insane. Some of the reactions I have seen on Social Media regarding Egyptians qualification shows how much it means to them.
              Don't you remember how much it meant to us when we qualified in 1998? If there was social media back then we would have reacted the same way and gotten the same media coverage too.

Comment

purely for the drama.
                As of the UCL draw this year Ukrainian and Russian teams were not able to be drawn together. I think its still in place.

Comment

Originally posted by PayamPersia
                  True that! I have a bit my worries since also poland qualified for WC and they have also
                  very harsh hooligans. We iranians are very civilised in that sense that we dont beat
                  up other people because they have different skin colour or believes.
                  I wished some Dehatis from Charmahal Bakhtiari/Lorestan could join our fans
                  they know how to deal with barbarians. :P
                  I am glad we don't have this aspect where there is too much violence and organized violence. The Poles, English and Russian hooligans are nuts. The Turks too but they haven't been making the WCs on a regular - so it hasn't been on full display. Remember when the Turks killed the Leeds fan?

We have more of the pahlevoon culture, where we are strong but we don't resort to that kind of violence to prove our strength. It's a good culture. I think we are probably one of the strongest because of koshti, weightlifting, etc.

Comment

Can't wait for Iceland vs Kosovo!!! If Iceland win they are through to the World Cup for the 1st time in their history!

Comment

iceland can make it, they are a good team for a nation of 300k going to world cup is a huge achievment

Comment

any good link to iceland match

Comment

iceland score 1-0 , iceland heading for russia

Comment

Any one who cares about the look of our players is a gay to me. As long our players look groomed, im fine with it. No offence against gays, but some of you realy sound gay to me.

Comment

Originally posted by suissi View Post
                              Any one who cares about the look of our players is a gay to me. As long our players look groomed, im fine with it. No offence against gays, but some of you realy sound gay to me.
                              A man comfortable in his sexuality can acknowledge another man's good looks and not be gay.

It is the closeted homosexual that cannot admire the looks of another man out of fear he may find deeper affection. Not calling you gay, but you calling others gay is dumb and 1 out of your 15 posts in 7 years being this bullcrap is very sad.

You would think you would post something poignant if you only posted 15 times in 7 years. Saving the really important comments to drop on us.

Comment

croatia score 1-0 and ireland score 1-0

Comment

Working...
                                X