World Cup 2018 Qualification Gets Under Way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Taz
    The original comment was that some poxy tournament involving these crap sides who may or may not be slightly less crap than Saudi Arabia will somehow apparently make it comparable to the world cup which is absurd.
    The original comment was referring to the participating teams and the level of competition that one would witness when watching them (a point you were fully aware of due to me naming some World Cup teams as goozi and you countering by calling Italy and Holland "complete and utter trash"). I'd rather watch Italy take on Holland rather than Panama take on Egypt. How about you?
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

No game in the world cup will be easy, even against Panama or potentially New Zealand. Every team wants it like we do, and CQ will be sure to remind the players of this.

That being said, there are certain teams we match with better than others. For example, I personally prefer Argentina or Russia as our top seed. Iran has problems against physically dominant teams like Sweden, Bosnia, etc.

I hope one of our "top" seeds from pot 1 or 2 will be South American. We play best against teams that struggle against solid defense. Some would prefer croatia, but guys like Mandzukic and Perisic would cause us a lot of trouble, and that's not even including their world class midfield.

People fear a team like Columbia based on their ranking, but who do they really have? An overhyped James Rodriguez, old man falcao and a fairly average Carlos Bacca? This team is the perfect team that will be beaten by our TM. It will essentially be Argentina again with a worse team quality overall, and no Messi.

Ideal group will have Peru or Columbia as our second seed, and Russia or Argentina as our top seed. We match up against those teams well and can nick points from them. We do not match well against Poland, or other physically dominant teams. Lewandowski is the type of player that alone can cause us damage. Portugal is more preferable in my mind than Poland, as they are fairly shit if Ronaldo is kept under control. Seems to happen more often these days as he ages.

First Seeds: Russia, Argentina, Portugal
      Second Seeds: Peru, Columbia
      Fourth Seeds: Panama, New Zealand

With any combinations of these teams, we match up very well. The fourth seed is the most important in my mind. Nigeria, Morocco and Serbia are all teams that are physical and we don't match well with. A game with Morocco would be difficult as they are similar to us, and the result could be a toss up.

Panama is our best match in the fourth seeds by far, even over New Zealand who plays a fairly good defensive game.

Comment

New Zedaland Peru started 9:15 pm Eastern time. Any good or easy link to watch it?
        چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

I can't find a free link, anyone else?
          زن زندگی آزادی

Comment

Back to the top. Guru's give us a link to watch. Yallah....

Comment

Peru scores.

Comment

new zealand looks crap. It seems like Peru will have an easy win and qualify for world cup

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                  I am amazed at how everyone wants to avoid Serbia. They're the type of team we would up our game for.
                  Its the easy teams we take for granted and underestimate.
                  Don't be amazed Aziz. That's the type of clueless fans they are.

Comment

For people asking for links. The first 7 days of fuboTV is free!

https://www.fubo.tv/

Comment

Min. 32
                      Farfan scores for Peru.

Prediction is Peru 2 - New Zealand 0

Peru will qualify as the last team.

Comment

Peru is dominating this match. They will win.

But to ensure that they will qualify, they need to keep pressing and score a 2nd goal. New Zealand can go through with a 1-1 result (which is unlikely but anything can happen).

New Zealand almost scored from a header, but a beautiful save by Peruvian keeper.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli1 View Post
                          For people asking for links. The first 7 days of fuboTV is free!
                          https://www.fubo.tv/
                          Boo Boo

Peru 2 - New Zealand 0
                          Ramos scored for Peru in min. 65

My prediction came through so far.

Comment

Peru is the last team (out of 32) to qualify. They had a long road and they are qualifying after 36 years when they played Iran and won.

Peru welcome.

Comment

Congratulations to Peru and to all Peruvians! A well deserved victory

Comment

Originally posted by AIrani View Post
                                Peru is the last team (out of 32) to qualify. They had a long road and they are qualifying after 36 years when they played Iran and won.

Peru welcome.
                                40 years.

I so badly want Peru in our group to avenge that bitter loss from 1978.

Comment

Working...
                                X