X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow, an own goal, two penalties! a very confident victory for Australia :-D
    TEAM MELLI UNTIL THE END

Comment

The US is trying to organize a tournament next year with teams that didn't make it. Given what goozi teams are in and the likes of Italy, Holland, Chile, Ghana, etc. not making it, it could possibly be more competitive than the World Cup.
      I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

FIFA.com Irans record:

12- consecutive World Cup qualifying clean sheets is what Iran became the first team from any confederation to record. Team Melli’s run eventually ended, after 18 hours and 41 minutes, and when they had already secured a ticket to Russia, in their final outing against Syria.

Comment

After seeing the first leg it was pretty obvious Australia will take this. I just didn't expect a thrashing. Honduras showed that they are a very toothless team since even a team like Syria managed to take the games to the wire against Australia.

For TM's sake I hope New Zealand will surprise Peru and advance although I am not holding my breath.

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
            USA's performance reflects Iran's 2010 team performance almost exactly. Replace Honduras/Panama with North Korea and a poor Saudi team that couldn't even defeat Bahrain. Not winning the games you should, even when you have aging stars like Karimi, Mahdavikia (Dempsey, Bradley, Howard) means that you won't move on. US didn't win their matches and didn't move on. I see many similarities with Iran 2010. They will need to follow TM's example to return stronger than before. Coaching is very important, as well as proper transition to a new crop of players.
            Yes, this USA team does remind of Iran's team in the 2010 qualifiers.

Comment

This is actually the first time ever the AFC will have 5 teams at the World Cup (unless you count 2006).

Comment

Originally posted by KhodadadAzizi View Post
                This is actually the first time ever the AFC will have 5 teams at the World Cup (unless you corrunt 2006).
                It was 4 AFC teams in 06. Australia had not yet joined AFC and qualified through inter continental playoff against Uruguay.

Comment

Believe it or not, USA will be stronger after missing the WC this time.
                  They are going to go all in for 2014 and bring in new players and coaches.

First things first, go after a top notch coach.

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
                    Believe it or not, USA will be stronger after missing the WC this time.
                    They are going to go all in for 2014 and bring in new players and coaches.

First things first, go after a top notch coach.

They do have some solid youth players upcoming.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post

They do have some solid youth players upcoming.
                      Their squad against Portugal yesterday looked alot better than their usual teams. They actually played way better than Portugal. It was only a friendly, but a good test.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz
                        Come again?
                        The only reason they're not there is because they were inferior to the 'goozi' teams. Chile I'll maybe accept as a good team but the other three you named are complete and utter trash and deserve nothing more than to go play some glorified friendlies in Miami and pretend it means something.
                        Yes Italy and Holland were eliminated by the 8-0ers which is why the 8-0ers are in the World Cup and Italy and Holland aren't.
                        I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz
                          You seem to be a little confused, Saudi Arabia are in Asia and Italy and Netherlands are in Europe hence, they were kept separate during qualification. If you're wondering why those two teams didn't qualify it's because they were struggling against the likes of Bulgaria and Macedonia which I believe meet the criteria to be considered 'goozi'.
                          You seem to be confused about the point I was making. The different continental qualification can explain why a team can be goozi and in the World Cup while another team could be not so goozi and not in the World Cup. Also having too many not so goozi teams in the same group will inevitably eliminate some of them and their elimination will not indicate that they are goozi but rather too many not so goozi teams competing for limited spots.
                          Perhaps if the 8-0ers defeat Holland or Italy my argument may not be as solid.

Comment

Hoping for a New Zealand win tonight somehow in order to avoid Serbia and bring in an extra Pot 4 "easy" game.

Comment

I am amazed at how everyone wants to avoid Serbia. They're the type of team we would up our game for.
                              Its the easy teams we take for granted and underestimate.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                                I am amazed at how everyone wants to avoid Serbia. They're the type of team we would up our game for.
                                Its the easy teams we take for granted and underestimate.
                                I think it's the bad memories...

Running out of gas and having nothing against Bosnia (despite the fact that we had outperformed them in friendlies) in WC14, perhaps also the pain of the misplaced Nakisa conceding that goal from Mihajlovic in the 98 iran v yugoslavia game too.

Both times against these Balkan sides we haven't really shown much in WC competition. I hope that CQ manages to chop and change if fitness remains a problem for this world cup (which it is likely to be, given that many of our star players aren't getting much competitive game time)

Comment

Working...
                                X