World Cup 2018 Qualification Gets Under Way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by footballeirani View Post
    Spain playing Costa Rica today. You can not tell me that Costa Rica's federation has more money than ours. We can not avoid playing the big teams until those games are in an actual tourney with everything on the line.
    We may have more money than them,but we suck in communication, international relations, marketing, etc.
    One simple example is the linguistic skills of IFF staff.

All our recent friendlies have been arranged by CQ connections so far.

Our only hope is those teams approaching us after the WC draw depending on their group opponents, but I wouldn't be very optimist based on our last WC preparation experience.

Comment

Originally posted by footballeirani View Post
      Spain playing Costa Rica today. You can not tell me that Costa Rica's federation has more money than ours. We can not avoid playing the big teams until those games are in an actual tourney with everything on the line.
      FT Spain 5 - 0 Costa Rica

And that's why CQ doesn't allow ''friendlies'' against powerhouses.

Comment

Originally posted by Bessos View Post
        FT Spain 5 - 0 Costa Rica

And that's why CQ doesn't allow ''friendlies'' against powerhouses.
        This is a friendly 8 months before the wc, everybody will forget it in two days and the losing team have a taste of the high level and the work it has to achieve.

As if avoiding them during test match and have shake up during the wc is better

Comment

btw guys, Tunisia also qualified. I would be happy if we get drawn with them. They are not a bad team, but very lacking in quality players, as opposed to previous tunisia teams. Morocco on the other hand would be a difficult game as they are stacked with talent, in the best teams and leagues. But tunisia we can deal with, most of their team plays in Qatar. Overall I actually think we will match up better vs these north african teams than vs Subsaharan teams. We have shown we are very capable of dealing with 2-3 star players ( see argentina game, consistently shutting down son hueng min - something Colombia couldnt manage once in their game yesterday, doing a good job on jovetic overall), but we struggle when opposition is able to move the ball very quickly, and has the technical quality from deep to split our defense ( Guys like Pjanic from Bosnia, teams that play similar to spain, etc). SubSaharan teams we can definitely deal with, but they are extremely physical and recently have more experience in WC than North African teams. This taxes our guys and affects our performances in other games.

Overall I wouldnt be very distraught at getting North African teams, but obviously prefer the likes of Honduras, Panama. Even Egypt who are the best North African team, I feel we could contain as long we keep tight on Salah

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
            btw guys, Tunisia also qualified. I would be happy if we get drawn with them. They are not a bad team, but very lacking in quality players, as opposed to previous tunisia teams. Morocco on the other hand would be a difficult game as they are stacked with talent, in the best teams and leagues. But tunisia we can deal with, most of their team plays in Qatar. Overall I actually think we will match up better vs these north african teams than vs Subsaharan teams. We have shown we are very capable of dealing with 2-3 star players ( see argentina game, consistently shutting down son hueng min - something Colombia couldnt manage once in their game yesterday, doing a good job on jovetic overall), but we struggle when opposition is able to move the ball very quickly, and has the technical quality from deep to split our defense ( Guys like Pjanic from Bosnia, teams that play similar to spain, etc). SubSaharan teams we can definitely deal with, but they are extremely physical and recently have more experience in WC than North African teams. This taxes our guys and affects our performances in other games.

Overall I wouldnt be very distraught at getting North African teams, but obviously prefer the likes of Honduras, Panama. Even Egypt who are the best North African team, I feel we could contain as long we keep tight on Salah
            tunasia i believe is in pot 3

Comment

Our problem finding proper friendlies doesn't just involve the lack of funding nor just political. It has to do with the fact that our game does not replicate any other confederation. Spain might want to play Costa Rica because their style of game matches other teams from that confederation. Our style doesn't match Asia, European, African or any other team in the world. So what is the benefit of playing TM?
              "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Morroco and Egypt are the best CAFA

But if we cant beat them then we should kiss goodbye the idea of advancing to the knokout stage.

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
                  Morroco and Egypt are the best CAFA

But if we cant beat them then we should kiss goodbye the idea of advancing to the knokout stage.
                  well we wont meet them , both are in pot 3 with us

Comment

i think honestly sweden will beat italy, i dont think italy can keep a clean sheet and if sweden score a goal i think italy will be buried

Comment

IFF is run by incompetent bastards. No one speaks or wites a word of English so this is one reason why we don’t have friendliest. It’s not money. !!!

Comment

World Cup 2018 Qualification Gets Under Way

The Socceroos' chartered flight from Honduras back to Sydney cost $AUD 1 Million. They booked a whole Airbus A330 for themselves to maximise recovery.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/artic...-luxury-flight

Not even sure where this money comes from, given how the Australian Football Federation is on a tight budget.

Comment

Congratulations to Tunisia for making the World Cup! Welcome back

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
                            The Socceroos' chartered flight from Honduras back to Sydney cost $AUD 1 Million. They booked a whole Airbus A330 for themselves to maximise recovery.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/artic...-luxury-flight

Not even sure where this money comes from, given how the Australian Football Federation is on a tight budget.
                            Article says they spend $250k more than it would normally cost on commercial flights. And the return is huge in the tune of AU$15million. That is a great return. Good on the aussie management.

Comment

All big Muslim countries made it to world cup from Africa. Iran usually plays shit against Muslim teams. We are only good against countries we hate.

Comment

Originally posted by ilovefootball View Post
                                All big Muslim countries made it to world cup from Africa. Iran usually plays shit against Muslim teams. We are only good against countries we hate.
                                And opponents playing gol koochik against us in our basements.
                                I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Working...
                                X