World Cup 2018 Qualification Gets Under Way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
    why are u guys complaining about 48 teams, It benefits Iran and not only that way more games to watch with friends and family, Plus more countries will be happy, Last night my friend from Peru was crying just cause they might be in after 28 years first time in his life he will watch them play in world cup
    With that logic why not let all countries in so everyone can be happy.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
      With that logic why not let all countries in so everyone can be happy.
      Frankly, South America only getting 4.5 Spots is unfair, It was a dog fight, Chile deserves to be in as does Peru and maybe even Ecuador, Not only that USA should be in, they have a fine squad, What about Netherlands and Slovakia, What about the fact Swiss croatia italy or sweeden might miss out. Turkey Bosnia should also be in.
      Uzbekistan one day will figure it out and will deserve to be in as would Australia this time around.

Ghana isnt in, Neither is Senegal or Algeria.

There is room for more teams from 32.
      WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Frankly, South America only getting 4.5 Spots is unfair, It was a dog fight, Chile deserves to be in as does Peru and maybe even Ecuador, Not only that USA should be in, they have a fine squad, What about Netherlands and Slovakia, What about the fact Swiss croatia italy or sweeden might miss out. Turkey Bosnia should also be in.
        Uzbekistan one day will figure it out and will deserve to be in as would Australia this time around.

There's not. But there is room to rethink the current number or berths of each continent but keep the total at 32 (or even 24).
        I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Turkey doesn't deserve more than Iran to be in the WC I am sorry. They play in UEFA against better opposition so they can improve their level. Their clubs play Europa league and CHampions league against the best of the best, get high $$$ for only participating. While at the same time we play against Al-shotor, cannot improve our level with such opposition, don't get any coverage, don't get any scouting because of our shitty confederation.
          If they wanted to qualify, they should have use better their advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
            Turkey doesn't deserve more than Iran to be in the WC I am sorry. They play in UEFA against better opposition so they can improve their level. Their clubs play Europa league and CHampions league against the best of the best, get high $$$ for only participating. While at the same time we play against Al-shotor, cannot improve our level with such opposition, don't get any coverage, don't get any scouting because of our shitty confederation.
            If they wanted to qualify, they should have use better their advantage.
            AGREE!! Iran qualifying to the world cup is truly an achievement, people forget that our League, our federation our infrastructure does NOT support our National team getting to the World Cup!!! so when we do its truly a fluke and its only because someone( CQ) kicked Screamed, shouted and battled his way to the World Stage and in Iran this does not happen often, doesn't even happen sometimes , in Reality We like S.Korea should qualify to EVERY world Cup! but we dont because our federation lacks clear vision, discipline, planning , money and infrastructure!

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
              you're very lucky then... 2002 was heartbreaking for alot of us. Before 98 we didn't even have expectations.
              Our 2002 WCQ elimination was so heartbreaking and hard to get over with that I think the wound will always ache for all of us who at the time followed our football and witnessed that painful exit. Especially in our last phony match against that phony team "Bahrain" we all thought we had the win in our hand and that it was going to be a walk over the underdogs Bahrainis. However conceding 3 goals and yet witnessing the Bahrain players marching around with the Saudis flag in their hand was like getting stabbed repeatedly.

Being grouped with all these Anti-Iran states in the region is the worst nightmare for all of us Iranians, yet to rid ourselves from this agony, we MUST improve our football and league much more efficiently, not worrying about their plots against us...

Comment

2002 was definitely heartbreaking, I was in the hotel after the first leg and it was depressing. Bagheri said "hichi tamoom shod" instead of being positive about the next round.

I found setup for 2006 very depressing as well. The way the coach treated the young player-of-the-year for IPL and succumbed to agents and parti-bazi. I genuinely thought there was enough talent in iranian football for the team to go to the second round.

In 2010 I considered us to be in a bit of a transition period so I was less upset.

2014 I was proud of this new TM style of play which seemed so different to anything we have seen before. I thought that, even though we didn't get anything significant, we have the foundations of future success.

Comment

I do not see why the US team is deserving of making the World Cup finals. To manage 10 points out of 12 games playing in Concacaf is embarrassing.

Turkey lost 3 nil at home to Iceland with a World Cup berth at line. I honestly do not know of a team that was deserving of making the World Cup and was left out.

Comment

Originally posted by footballeirani View Post
                    I do not see why the US team is deserving of making the World Cup finals. To manage 10 points out of 12 games playing in Concacaf is embarrassing.
                    Turkey lost 3 nil at home to Iceland with a World Cup berth at line. I honestly do not know of a team that was deserving of making the World Cup and was left out.
                    Holland and Chile. This is why Africa, Asia and CONCACAF need to have fewer teams in the World Cup.

Comment

This is an article ranking the 23 qualified teams so far. They don't give teammelli much of a chance. Seems like we are being dismissed already and CQ is all our team is really known for!

https://www.thescore.com/news/1395175

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk
                      Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                        This is an article ranking the 23 qualified teams so far. They don't give teammelli much of a chance. Seems like we are being dismissed already and CQ is all our team is really known for!

lol at this article.

1. Title contenders
                        I would agree with the ranking. THis are the 7 best Nations.

2. Dark horses
                        Nigeria and Serbia? Are you for real... I saw some of the games of Serbia, cause theywere in the group of Austria and NO WAY they are under the "Dark horses".

3. Longshots
                        I agree more or less. This Nations are among the weakest.

4. Afterthoughts
                        True SA is LAST hahhahaha
                        sigpic

Comment

Better being conceived that way. Miracles happen when you're taken lightly and underestimated by those whom you will encounter in the future. Let our talents stay unnoticed and undermined, this way may we not only pull another 2014 Argentina surprise, but hopefully pull off a Brazil/Germany/France etc upset.

Anything is possible, who in the last WC thought a team like Costa Rica thrashing world powerhouses to reach the quarter-finals and lose to Holland only in PSOs

Comment

9. Iran - A seven-point cushion atop AFC's Group A may paper over the cracks of a side that is no stranger to struggles in front of goal, though Iran did display a penchant for seeing out results in qualifying. Manager Carlos Quieroz should have Team Melli well-prepared for a potential maiden voyage out of the group stages where a kind draw will be imperative.

Not that bad IMO!

Comment

World Cup 2018 Qualification Gets Under Way

Originally posted by eerooni View Post
                              9. Iran - A seven-point cushion atop AFC's Group A may paper over the cracks of a side that is no stranger to struggles in front of goal, though Iran did display a penchant for seeing out results in qualifying. Manager Carlos Quieroz should have Team Melli well-prepared for a potential maiden voyage out of the group stages where a kind draw will be imperative.

Not that bad IMO!
                              That's actually a very fair look at our chances in WC 2018.

It points out our biggest flaw; attacking fluidity.

CQ will also prepare us well, and getting to the next round is still very much dependent on how easy of a group we get.

I look at it this way. Is Iran currently part of the best 16 teams qualified for the World Cup?

Personally, no. So on paper, we are expected to go out in the group stages.

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
                                That's actually a very fair look at our chances in WC 2018.

It points out our biggest flaw; attacking fluidity.

CQ will also prepare us well, and getting to the next round is still very much dependent on how easy of a group we get.

I look at it this way. Is Iran currently part of the best 16 teams qualified for the World Cup?

Personally, no. So on paper, we are expected to go out in the group stages.
                                ITs better for us to be underdogs. Always has been. Look at our u17's. They were unknown quantity before their friendly wins vs mexico and france, but still teams like germany didn't take them seriously...BAM 4-0 .

Comment

Working...
                                X