No announcement yet.

World Cup 2018 Qualification Gets Under Way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What makes you guys sure that Saudis will go to play offs? Actually Japan is the team which has the highest possibility of finishing in 3rd place.
    Also I don't think we can eliminate the Koreans because Uzbeks suck. Their coach is one of the worst kinds. They will lose to China and probably get a draw against Korea.

Comment

Originally posted by persianallstars View Post
      no need, Saudi will get destroyed by a South American team anyway....
      AFC plays against a team from CONCACAF and that would probably be Panama or Honduras.

Comment

Originally posted by Bessos View Post
        The way of their celebration was only fitting for a victory, not for an equalizer.

That shows that the celebration was meant for the fact that they kicked TM out of WC.

We will not forget. Tears of blood. August '17.
        I remember every second of that damn event, including Pre/during/post match events.

Qotbi had claimed that he knows the Korean football team like the palm of his hand and that he will beat them in Korea (phony pep talk). Hat Tate Kent by itself created a tension, causing more fierce rivalry, having persuaded the Koreans to play their hearts out, just to prove Qotbi wrong. This is why coaches must act professionally and less cocky. CQ is an amazingly modest and respectful coach (unless the counterpart resorts to trash talk and non sense belittling games) he never undermines any opposition, and regardless of their footballing ability and merits, respects them to the max!

Qotbi's claim unified their entire country and in particular their team to display the best football thy can, just to shut Afshin's mouth!

All together I am against those kind of post-goal celebration (humiliating the opponent) it's just very distasteful and low class to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I remember last WCQ Korean coach really wanted Uzbekistan to qualify to world cup. I think CQ can make his dream come true this time and help Uzbekistan go through

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
            Can we have permission to open a new thread to discuss the upcoming battle in our group to discuss South Korea & Uzbekistans chances of making it in??
            Mods plz answer
            Good idea

Comment

Now we have two games left and we can destroy their hopes for qualifying.
              This Korean Team just sucks i am not sure if they could eliminate saudi arabia.

Fact is that we can play without pressure against Korea and therefore play even
              better football so that we maybe destroy them by 2-0 or 3-0.

Comment

Iran will get a draw in Seoul and a win in Tehran

Korea will finish third and play Saudi Arabia in the AFC playoff

Comment

Originally posted by Bessos View Post
                  The way of their celebration was only fitting for a victory, not for an equalizer.

That shows that the celebration was meant for the fact that they kicked TM out of WC.

We will not forget. Tears of blood. August '17.
                  They didn't kick us out of the World Cup. The draw between North Korea and the 8-0ers which happened after our match had us eliminated.

It's a shame that the players wearing qatari jerseys saudied the ref today.
                  I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Saman Ghoddos and Ryan Tafazolli with the debut goals against South Korea calling it now.
                    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things and no good thing ever dies.

Comment

Any word on Sons injury? Taken out 34th min couldnt see it.
                      Tottenham will want to check him up and they have 2 1/2 months before the next round of games for S. Korea.

Edit: today Qatar played with a flat 4 defense meaning 4 CBs filling in the line. Probably had a big part with Korea overpushing and getting hit on the counter.
                      Last edited by perspolis#1; 06-13-2017, 04:11 PM.

Comment

ok. Here is the best scenario.

Iran and Uzbekistan qualify. S. Korea ends up 3rd place and goes for a playoff game against Saudi Arabia. S. korea eliminates Saudi Arabia, and then gets eliminated by Honduras :-)
                        “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
                          ok. Here is the best scenario.

Iran and Uzbekistan qualify. S. Korea ends up 3rd place and goes for a playoff game against Saudi Arabia. S. korea eliminates Saudi Arabia, and then gets eliminated by Honduras :-)
                          South Korea needs to fire their coach ASAP. The guy is making a mess out of the team.

We don't need Concacaf teams beating Asia and then beaking us about how bad Asia is. we need the full 5 asian teams to advance - unless it's Saudi Arabia. If they make the playoff, hopefully they get smashed and we all enjoy a nice laugh.

Comment

I have no doubt now that S Korea German coach will get a no confidence vote from the federation and he will be fired. There is a good couple of months to the next two games and a Korean interim coach will be appointed to the conclusion of qualification round.

Comment

Korea Lost? YES! Can someone who knows CQ ask to have the players to do the dance Koreans did when they scored against us (on fours train)..when Sardar puts one up their soolakh holes.
                              EAT. SLEEP. TM. REPEAT.

Comment

Originally posted by Ando Teymourian View Post
                                South Korea needs to fire their coach ASAP. The guy is making a mess out of the team.
                                We don't need Concacaf teams beating Asia and then beaking us about how bad Asia is. we need the full 5 asian teams to advance - unless it's Saudi Arabia. If they make the playoff, hopefully they get smashed and we all enjoy a nice laugh.
                                yeah, and then they go off and lose 8-0 and FIFA questions why we need all those asian teams. Sometimes its better not to have a team in the WC versus having one and watching it get demolished in front of the world and then get questioned why we have all these teams from asia. No one remembers playoff losses between continents. Everybody remembers 8-0 (KSA) or 7-0 (N. korea) losses in the WC
                                “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X