World Cup 2018 Qualification Gets Under Way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
    Our group is harder because our bottom-dwellers (Syria, China, Qatar) are capable of beating any of the top teams. Syria has beaten Uzbekistan, China has beaten S. Korea

Their bottom dwellers (Iraq, Thailand) are walk overs - easy three points. They won't beat anyone of significance and have not yet.

We got to stop denigrating the incredible team we have now - which is by far the best team in Asia. I agree that KSA historically has given us a hard time, but with CQ at the helm, we can also beat them like others. South Korea was a boogeyman team for us too, but CQ has rendered them useless against us.
    Iraq is an easy 3 points?? LOL... lets not get cocky now... I hate Iraq for screwing us in Asia 2015 but thats ridiculous to say they are an easy 3 points.. They are probably a better team than Qatar and China tbh.

Comment

Its not that Group B is harder than Group A, its the fact that we are such a top class team that no matter what, we will take #1 in the group. That itself makes our group harder; not the teams in the group.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
        Iraq is an easy 3 points?? LOL... lets not get cocky now... I hate Iraq for screwing us in Asia 2015 but thats ridiculous to say they are an easy 3 points.. They are probably a better team than Qatar and China tbh.
        Facts say otherwise.

China beat South Korea. Who has Iraq beaten in their WCQ? Just some perspective, Iraq has met Saudi Arabi 6 times in WCQ (in their history), they've lost 5 times. Their record is just not very good. Even Bahrain in modern times has done more than them in WCQers.

Comment

I dont agree, for me our group is "less harder" than the other group.
          Not to say that we are not currently the best Team in Asia but Teams like
          Iraq and specially Saudi Arabia would give us mentally much bigger problems than a
          super super weak qatar, Syria and China. China is becoming strong know under lippi and Syria
          is a solid Team. But they are not comparable to KSA or Iraq.
          Remember when we play Qatar at home. It was their super stupid and childish defensive mistake which gave us
          the three point. Otherwise we had an hard time playing them because of hashiyeh and emotinal issues.
          Now imagin playing that way against Iraq or Saudi Arabia...
          To thing is, that South Korea and Qatar are peforming very poorly in contrayr to japan,
          australia and saudi arabia.
          Lets be fair, we are the best team in asia BUT at the same time our opponents didnt peform
          in their normal level.
          For me the most disapointing team in the whole WCQ is Qatar. They are unbelievable weak!

Edit: Even the Uzbeks are not as strong as they use to be!

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
            Our group is harder because our bottom-dwellers (Syria, China, Qatar) are capable of beating any of the top teams. Syria has beaten Uzbekistan, China has beaten S. Korea

Their bottom dwellers (Iraq, Thailand) are walk overs - easy three points. They won't beat anyone of significance and have not yet.

We got to stop denigrating the incredible team we have now - which is by far the best team in Asia. I agree that KSA historically has given us a hard time, but with CQ at the helm, we can also beat them like others. South Korea was a boogeyman team for us too, but CQ has rendered them useless against us.
            I have to agree with you Iraq and Thailand are very weak and no way they being among top 12 in Asia. Simply look at their fifa ranking, Iraq has 278 points thanks to our B team warm up match. Thailand are even worse with 245 points. Our weakest team Qatar has 369 points. The gap between us with second best team in Asia, S.Korea is 120 points. (Iran 820, S.Korea 700, Japan 685, Australia 661, KSA 645)

Iraqi team is a mess. If we play against them with our A team we will walk over them with score line similar to 3-0. Thailand got destroyed by Saudis 3-0 in their own turf! I can not see Qatar losing to us or any other top 4 with that score line specially in Doha. I think Group A is harder because we are simply better than all teams in group B and S.Korea are slightly worse than Japan. All other teams in Group B are below Koreans. Uzbekistan is on equal ground with Saudis and China are equal with UAE. Syria can win anything in group B except Japan. It is not a comparison anymore. Group A is tougher and surviving in our group means to have strong attacking players and solid defense.

Comment

Brazil qualified to the World Cup before us :/

Comment

Originally posted by Kian B. View Post
                Brazil qualified to the World Cup before us :/
                What a disaster...Are we really upset that we "might, potentially" be the second team that qualifies to the World Cup?

I think I'd be happy just to qualify

Comment

Originally posted by PayamPersia View Post
                  I dont agree, for me our group is "less harder" than the other group.
                  Not to say that we are not currently the best Team in Asia but Teams like
                  Iraq and specially Saudi Arabia would give us mentally much bigger problems than a
                  super super weak qatar, Syria and China. China is becoming strong know under lippi and Syria
                  is a solid Team. But they are not comparable to KSA or Iraq.
                  Remember when we play Qatar at home. It was their super stupid and childish defensive mistake which gave us
                  the three point. Otherwise we had an hard time playing them because of hashiyeh and emotinal issues.
                  Now imagin playing that way against Iraq or Saudi Arabia...
                  To thing is, that South Korea and Qatar are peforming very poorly in contrayr to japan,
                  australia and saudi arabia.
                  Lets be fair, we are the best team in asia BUT at the same time our opponents didnt peform
                  in their normal level.
                  For me the most disapointing team in the whole WCQ is Qatar. They are unbelievable weak!

Edit: Even the Uzbeks are not as strong as they use to be!
                  On Our Opponents vs. Group B Bottom Dwellers
                  Why are people hating on Syria? They play well as a team and they are feisty. Yesterday, a crossbar in the 90th minute saved South Korea from a draw. They beat Uzbekistan a week ago. A crossbar also saved Uzbekistan from a draw with Qatar. Qatar have better players than Iraq or Thailand. They don't have the heart because they are not Qatari but their players are actually pretty good. CHina under Lippi is a 100% better than Iraq or Thailand. Come on, they beat South Korea and weren't really looking like they were at risk to even get scored on. I watched the China - South Korea game.

On Iraq
                  I'm sorry - I don't even know why some make Iraq some sort of big team. Let's look at the facts and not your feelings:

In 2002 - they finished 4th, we finished 2nd.
                  In 2006 - they didn't even qualify to the final round of qualifiers!
                  In 2010 - they didn't even qualify to the final round of qualifiers!
                  In 2014 - they finished dead last, Oman even beat them by 4 points, Jordan by 5
                  In 2018 - they will again finish 2nd last, beating out Thailand.

What about this is impressive? Oh right, the Asian Cup ... Asian Cup ... Asian Cup ... congrats to them on that. But go ask yourself, where is Denmark in the World of Football? What about Greece? Any teams can win a tournament if they get hot. But consistency is the hallmark of a good or big team. They have zero of that. At least Bahrain made it to the WC playoffs. Iraq was never even close to that.

Why do people act like they would give us a hard time? We have an incredible record against Iraq historically. They needed 11 men vs. our 10 men to even tie for over 100+ minutes.

Yes, they are not playing at home and have issues in their country, there is no doubt but I don't think this will tip the scale in their favour much. Teams that qualify must win on the road and they've shown they can not not only win on the road ... they can barely win in general!

Comment

Originally posted by BusiG View Post
                    Nope, Brazil is definately through and the first Team already qualified for sure. They have a 10+ point lead over 3-5 and these teams play each other as well therefore theyre through. Now we can only become the second Team to qualify. fifa.com source http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/y=...odule_news_top
                    So Brazil technically have not made it. If they lose the rest of their matches and every other result goes against them, then they'll end up in 5th place which is a playoff spot. But the odds of that happening are less than 1%.

This simulator shows the hypothetical scenario I just explained:
                    http://ultra.zone/2018-FIFA-World-Cu...ation-CONMEBOL

Comment

On Our Opponents vs. Group B Bottom Dwellers
                      Why are people hating on Syria? They play well as a team and they are feisty. Yesterday, a crossbar in the 90th minute saved South Korea from a draw. They beat Uzbekistan a week ago. A crossbar also saved Uzbekistan from a draw with Qatar. Qatar have better players than Iraq or Thailand. They don't have the heart because they are not Qatari but their players are actually pretty good. CHina under Lippi is a 100% better than Iraq or Thailand. Come on, they beat South Korea and weren't really looking like they were at risk to even get scored on. I watched the China - South Korea game.
                      On Iraq
                      I'm sorry - I don't even know why some make Iraq some sort of big team. Let's look at the facts and not your feelings:
                      In 2002 - they finished 4th, we finished 2nd.
                      In 2006 - they didn't even qualify to the final round of qualifiers!
                      In 2010 - they didn't even qualify to the final round of qualifiers!
                      In 2014 - they finished dead last, Oman even beat them by 4 points, Jordan by 5
                      In 2018 - they will again finish 2nd last, beating out Thailand.
                      What about this is impressive? Oh right, the Asian Cup ... Asian Cup ... Asian Cup ... congrats to them on that. But go ask yourself, where is Denmark in the World of Football? What about Greece? Any teams can win a tournament if they get hot. But consistency is the hallmark of a good or big team. They have zero of that. At least Bahrain made it to the WC playoffs. Iraq was never even close to that.
                      Why do people act like they would give us a hard time? We have an incredible record against Iraq historically. They needed 11 men vs. our 10 men to even tie for over 100+ minutes.
                      Yes, they are not playing at home and have issues in their country, there is no doubt but I don't think this will tip the scale in their favour much. Teams that qualify must win on the road and they've shown they can not not only win on the road ... they can barely win in general!
                      Indeed i am shocked how difficult it was for Korea to defeat Syria at home. Also their lost against china
                      wasnt something that i expected from them. Your conclusion from these games is that Syria and China are strong by performing in that
                      way against South Korea.
                      but contraty i would say that South Korea is not the same team since Park ji-Sung left the Team ( Yes they had an great AC and made it to the finals but as you just said
                      AC doenst show everytime the true potential of Teams).
                      Just look how shacke the koreans defence is... Where is their fast paced football with quickpasses and movements??
                      Obviously South Korea underpeform in this WCQ but still they managed to be second till know.
                      Having sumerize my perspective i would add that Syria is a hard team to defeat, but not a Team to loose against.
                      If i am not wrong they just managed two victories and one of them against a super weak chinese team and another
                      against the Uzbeks with a penalty goal.
                      But i agree with you toally that Syria is a hard Team to DEFEAT! They play with Gheyrat and run much more than other Teams.
                      Thats make them really hard opponent.
                      But still i would prefer facing Syria than an Iraqi side where so many emotions and history is behind this game. You cant deny
                      that Iran-Iraq is next to Iran-KSA the greatest derby in the middle east.
                      I also just watch Iraqs Game against the three big Teams :Australia, Japan and KSA and they were in every game on
                      par with their opponent.
                      With China i agree with you. I think China will be a beast with Lippi in the next games. Hopefully the can snatch point from the uzbeks.
                      I dont know but all in all i fear Japan/Australia much more than South Korea, Iraq more than Syria and KSA much much more than the Uzbeks.

Comment

Originally posted by CHaMiLLionaire View Post
                        What a disaster...Are we really upset that we "might, potentially" be the second team that qualifies to the World Cup?

I think I'd be happy just to qualify
                        CQ has spoiled us. Dige kheili porroo shodim lol

Comment

Originally posted by persian_pooya View Post
                          So Brazil technically have not made it. If they lose the rest of their matches and every other result goes against them, then they'll end up in 5th place which is a playoff spot. But the odds of that happening are less than 1%.
                          This simulator shows the hypothetical scenario I just explained:
                          [url]http://ultra.zone/2018
                          Nope youre definately wrong bro. Brazil is 100% safe. Pretty Easy Math....Argentina with 22...Uruguay with 23....both have 4 Matches left....Brazil on Top with 33.....Arg-Uru still have to play each other....means if Argentina wins all of their last 4...they have 34....in this case Uruguay can only get 9 more....32...one less than Brazil got now....if Uruguay gets all 12....then they end up with 35....Argentina with a max of 31 in this case....they tie...both can get a max of 10...ARG max 32....Conclusion...BRAZIL is 100% safe :-)

Comment

https://youtu.be/zhdE_OdcM20
                            Formerly known as Persianking!
                            Follow me @
                            instagram/iranscout
                            instagram/nariman_iranscout

Comment

Originally posted by Nariman View Post
                              Aha the famous hollywood dive actor. Can't wait to see him in Azadi and show him how it's done !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nariman View Post
                                I am very surprised that it wasnt knotted to his testicles. 😂😂😂

Comment

Working...
                                X