Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Amiri cost us the match as much as Ben Williams?!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
    Dude ...... By whom you say? By You .....

in fact in this poll, your vote was to COMPLETELY drop Shojaei, whether it was LAM or CAM, it made no difference. At least do a search on your previous comments and votes before you have another foot-in-the-mouth moment.

here is your exact quote:

Masoud's pretty old for someone playing in that position and he'll be leaving TM soon anyway. I think we have MUCH better options for starters for that position and CQ's playing style and even MUCH better options of younger players to sit on the bench or to come in as subs and to gain some experience in the Asian Cup.

We're all appreciative of the service he has done for TM, but the time comes where every player has to go and IMHO this is Shajaei's time before he loses any more fans or respect.

The fact that 4 out of 5 fans think he should not be a starter speaks volumes. The same poll conducted last year would have probably yielded much lower results and the year before than even lower.

here is another one:

"Other than the facts I mentioned above, there's a reason the guy was thrown out of 2nd division Spain and he's playing in relegation zone in Qatar when he most likely has EU residency and can play in any country he wants."

The above is your quote. You clearly state that he should not be in any lineup, and NOW, you change your tune.
    YOU, also voted to completely drop the guy.

Also, CAM by committee means the position would be split between two players. Did you not get that either?? So instead of making snide remarks condescending comments, you really should at least cover up your tracks

You're mixing up two completely unrelated issues. Those were my comments re: Shojaei playing as a CAM way in advance of the Cup and I stand by those comments. If you ask me now whether Shojaei should be a starter in WCQ, I will tell you the same thing.

Having said that, I also commented at least a half dozen times that Shojaei performs well at sea level and in subtropical conditions and that CQ picks him for his defensive capabilities and the ground he covers tracking back.

That's not what we're discussing here. This is not a situation where we're analyzing Shojaei based on his offensive capabilities or comparing him to another CAM in an offensive mode, way in advance of a tournament to see who's a better option.

This is a game specific situation in which CQ has already picked Shojaei and he is on the field. We're talking about Shojaei playing in a mostly defensive role as a LAM, tracking back and covering ground in a game where we're down a man and protecting a lead and comparing him to another winger who is less experienced and who is a completely offensive player.

One scenario doesn't have anything to do with the other. If you put a basket of fruits in front of someone and said pick your two favorite fruits from this basket and they preferred to pick a strawberry and passion fruit ahead of a banana, it doesn't mean that if you gave them the choice between a banana and a not so ripe apple, they wouldn't pick the banana! Honestly, the lack of basic logic in the arguments some people put forward is mind boggling.

And yes, I understood what you meant by CAM by committee but it was a completely incorrect assessment of what I was saying or what happened. We would have been playing, and did in fact play, without a CAM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
      Those were my comments re: Shojaei playing as a CAM. I stand by those comments and still think Rafei would have been a much better option for that position, had he gained some experience in friendlies.

I also commented at least a half dozen times that Shojaei performs well at sea level and in subtropical conditions and that he would do well in Australia and that CQ picks him for his defensive capabilities and the ground he covers tracking back.

So, how am I changing my tune exactly?! This is not a situation where we're analyzing Shojaei based on his offensive capabilities or comparing him to another CAM in an offensive mode.

We're talking about Shojaei playing in a mostly defensive role as a LAM, tracking back and covering ground in a game where we're down a man and protecting a lead and comparing him to another winger who is less experienced and who is a completely offensive player!!!

And yes, I understood what you meant by CAM by committee but it was a completely incorrect assessment of what I was saying or what happened. We would have been playing, and did in fact play, without a CAM.
      No. Please do not twist words. The Thread was opened up with the following question:

"Does Shojaei belong to TM, and why?"

your comments (in multiple posts) clearly states that Shojaei has NO business playing for TM. In the poll, you voted to have him dropped. So, you can "stand by your comments" as you wish, but you are clearly changing it at your convenience.

In fact the funny part is in your quote, again you clearly state that it's time to have a young player replace Shojaei and have them gain experience in the Asian Cup. This is 100% different than the topic of your thread, and your youtube based analysis claiming that Shojaei with his experience should not have been substituted with Amiri given Amiri's lack of experience. You then continue with your ridicule tone, claiming that you have never been against Shojaei playing LAM.

So let's summarize, before you change your comments again:

Question: Should Shojaei be playing for TM ?
      Answer by you: NO ..... Not as a CAM, Not as a LAM, and not even as a ballboy. He needs to be dropped from the team PERIOD. Your posts show it and your response to the poll shows it.

By the way, there is nothing wrong with someone changing their mind ...people make mistakes and they learn ....that's the sign of an open minded person. It's people that ridicule others and have this constant condescending tone, that's where it becomes tough to stand

and here is another one of your quotes that falls inline with people changing their minds:

Call me an optimistic fool Doctor, but I believe that when you're dealing with an intelligent bunch (and let's face it, we're all an intelligent bunch), after one side has produced enough evidence and the other side has failed to provide enough evidence to the contrary, eslowly eslowly opinions begin to converge.
      “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

1. Williams 50%
        2. Pooladi 20%
        3. Amiri 15%
        4. Hajsafie 15%

Comment

1-williams 40%
          2-pouladi 20%
          3-amiri 15%
          4-haghighi 15%
          5-hajsafi 5%
          6-cq 5%

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
            No. Please do not twist words. The Thread was opened up with the following question:

"Does Shojaei belong to TM, and why?"

your comments (in multiple posts) clearly states that Shojaei has NO business playing for TM. In the poll, you voted to have him dropped. So, you can "stand by your comments" as you wish, but you are clearly changing it at your convenience.

In fact the funny part is in your quote, again you clearly state that it's time to have a young player replace Shojaei and have them gain experience in the Asian Cup. This is 100% different than the topic of your thread, and your youtube based analysis claiming that Shojaei with his experience should not have been substituted with Amiri given Amiri's lack of experience. You then continue with your ridicule tone, claiming that you have never been against Shojaei playing LAM.

So let's summarize, before you change your comments again:

Question: Should Shojaei be playing for TM ?
            Answer by you: NO ..... Not as a CAM, Not as a LAM, and not even as a ballboy. He needs to be dropped from the team PERIOD. Your posts show it and your response to the poll shows it.

By the way, there is nothing wrong with someone changing their mind ...people make mistakes and they learn ....that's the sign of an open minded person. It's people that ridicule others and have this constant condescending tone, that's where it becomes tough to stand

and here is another one of your quotes that falls inline with people changing their minds:

Call me an optimistic fool Doctor, but I believe that when you're dealing with an intelligent bunch (and let's face it, we're all an intelligent bunch), after one side has produced enough evidence and the other side has failed to provide enough evidence to the contrary, eslowly eslowly opinions begin to converge.

First off dude, I didn't start this discussion with a condescending tone since this is the 2nd time you bring it up. I always adjust my tone based on the response I get back (something I learnt being in sales since I was 16) and it can range from super friendly to super nasty.

If you found my tone condescending, it was because of these two comments: "I don't think anybody understood a single point in your post."Your logic is so flawed, that I think even you yourself did not understand what you just said".

Not to mention twice telling me to go watch the whole 2nd half, as if I'm expressing an uninformed opinion and haven't already watched the game multiple times! It doesn't bother me and people have the right to take whatever tone they want, I'm just telling you so that you know why you would have perceived my tone as condescending.

Secondly, I also believe intelligent people can converge on some commonality given enough evidence chances to go back and forth, but I haven't seen you ever change your opinion about anything, in the smallest possible way, regardless of how much facts or opposing opinions you've been given. I may be wrong here and haven't seen enough to know better, but nonetheless giving you an honest opinion and a friendly one for that matter.

This is a perfect example, where you refused to accept the analysis by 90 or rebut it with facts, you refused to go back and watch the clips of the other two goals and rebut them with facts, you refused to acknowledge the data I provided you on Shojaei from the WC and instead keep on insisting that Amiri did not do anything wrong and covered a lot of ground and now you insist on going on a completely different parallel about Shojaei that has nothing to do with this discussion. Not once in this discussion have you presented any facts related to Amiri... you're merely repeating the same opinion that you had when we started this discussion, over and over again.

Here again, you're providing a response that shows you did not even attempt to understand (if you read it all) what I said to you. I'll break it down for you again:

- Do[did] I think Shojaei belongs[ed] to TM going into 2018 WCQ [Asian Cup]? NO.

- Why? Because if we have time, training camps and friendlies to discover and develop new talents in TM like we did with PAG and Ghafouri, we can do the same for every position currently being taken by a 30+ year old.

- Was Amiri being molded/developed by CQ to take over from Shojaei? NO.

- Why? 3 Reasons: They don't play in the same position under CQ, they don't have the same skill set and having played in only two TM games previously (missing a couple of empty netters in a friendly with much less pressure) he was not exactly molded/developed into anything, even if he was being considered as a Shojaei replacement.

- Now, in the middle of an important do-or-die game, did we have the luxury of going back in time to experiment with a more defensive minded winger to replace Hajsafi in that particular situation? NO.

- Should we then not have put the most experienced defensive minded LAM to replace Ehsan? My answer is Yes and Shojaei was that person, had the defensive capabilities we were looking for and was much more experienced and proven in that position for a defensive game plan than Amiri.

I don't really understand what you're arguing, that we had the luxury of time travel and should have gone back and dropped Shojaei from the squad, because I said he does not belong to TM? Or that he did not have experience playing as a LAM? Or that Amiri was more experienced?

I'm really trying to understand what your argument is here, because as it stands, it seems like you're arguing the case for time travel!

Comment

Originally posted by fairplay View Post
              1. Williams 50%
              2. Pooladi 20%
              3. Amiri 15%
              4. Hajsafie 15%
              Originally posted by hzv View Post
              1-williams 40%
              2-pouladi 20%
              3-amiri 15%
              4-haghighi 15%
              5-hajsafi 5%
              6-cq 5%
              Good to assign some percentages guys. Here's mine:

1 - Williams, 40%
              2 - Amiri, 20%
              3 - CQ, 20%
              4 - Pouladi, 10%
              5 - Rest of players, 10%

Comment

just get over it man, game is done.

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
                  I was VERY critical of him (and the substitution in general having only two caps and after that terrible performance against Iraq in the friendly) when the match ended, but in those groggy early hours of the morning couldn't really put my fingers on it.

Well, the analysis on Navad of the Iraq game was VERY eye opening [WATCH THE CLIP BELOW]... they quite rightly blamed the Iraq's 1st goal solely on Amiri. He of course missed the penalty as well that needed no mention.

But what they didn't mention is that he was MIA in both the 2nd and 3rd goals as well and just grazing around the field like the 1st goal. He actually moved out of the path of Kasim before he was brought down by PAG.

Honestly, I never one see this guy near TM again.

http://footballitarin.com/video_page.php?id=13499
                  How do you feel now?
                  sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

LOL. Is this what we are doing now? Digging up 3 year old threads whenever a player improves?
                    "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

Originally posted by AliDaeiClone View Post
                      LOL. Is this what we are doing now? Digging up 3 year old threads whenever a player improves?
                      He didn't "improve." He was always a good player but got a lot of undeserved hate on these forums.

Comment

Working...
                      X