Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Amiri cost us the match as much as Ben Williams?!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did Amiri cost us the match as much as Ben Williams?!!!

I was VERY critical of him (and the substitution in general having only two caps and after that terrible performance against Iraq in the friendly) when the match ended, but in those groggy early hours of the morning couldn't really put my fingers on it.

Well, the analysis on Navad of the Iraq game was VERY eye opening [WATCH THE CLIP BELOW]... they quite rightly blamed the Iraq's 1st goal solely on Amiri. He of course missed the penalty as well that needed no mention.

But what they didn't mention is that he was MIA in both the 2nd and 3rd goals as well and just grazing around the field like the 1st goal. He actually moved out of the path of Kasim before he was brought down by PAG.

Honestly, I never one see this guy near TM again.

http://footballitarin.com/video_page.php?id=13499

He played quite well overall, better then jahanbaksh at least.

Comment

Originally posted by persepolisfan View Post
      He played quite well overall, better then jahanbaksh at least.
      Did you watch the clip?!

Comment

No way in hell did he cause us to lose. He did the exact opposite and gave us several chances

In both matches he played in the AC he drew more fouls in dangerous players than any player in on the team and would BREEZE past Iraqi and Emarati defenders, sometimes 2-3 players at once.

IMO he was the biggest surprise and in the aspect of drawing fouls in dangerous areas and dribbling players so easily, reminded me of AK8 or the Shojaie of 2008-9.

The only downside to amiri is that he is afraid to shoot. I Said it after the emirates match and after the Iraq match I said it as well...he needs to put more shots on goal after he frees up space for himself instead of looking to pass every single time.

His missed penalty was purely due to a lack of experience. From the second he stepped forward to take the PK I had a bad feeling from the look of nervousness on his face. The guy has played 3 international matches in his career, and that's literally it. You can't put the blame on him, I was shocked CQ would but him ahead of reza or anyone else for that matter, should've been last in the pecking order.
        Team Meli Iran
        Perspolis FC
        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

I don't blame him but I would've preferred and still do prefer a younger Yaghoub Karimi over him any day.

Comment

You win as a team and lose as a team.

It's hard to blame one player when you are playing a man down.
            راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

Jahanbakhsh didn't play that bad and Amiri did a good job imo.
              It's simply not fair to blame this poor guy.
              IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
                I was VERY critical of him (and the substitution in general having only two caps and after that terrible performance against Iraq in the friendly) when the match ended, but in those groggy early hours of the morning couldn't really put my fingers on it.

Well, the analysis on Navad of the Iraq game was VERY eye opening... they quite rightly blamed the Iraq's 1st goal solely on Amiri. He of course missed the penalty as well that needed no mention.

But what they didn't mention is that he was MIA in both the 2nd and 3rd goals as well and just grazing around the field like the 1st goal. He actually moved out of the path of Kasim before he was brought down by PAG.

Honestly, I never one see this guy near TM again.

http://footballitarin.com/video_page.php?id=13499
                Id have to watch the game again but dont have the mood to see that biased injustice of a cruel game again. It is quite possible that amiri was out of position but he was overall excellent for such an inexperienced player. These players need more opportunity to grow and with no friendlies its hard for these new guys to get experience. Pag and ghafouri were superb and amiri was good. We have at least four players whomare young and the future in pag amiri azmoun and jb. Ghafouri is like mid 20s or more i think and will most definitely be part of the wc squad but thise other four guys will be with us until qatar wc at least.
                Karim was given time and now he is at osasuna. Amiri needs time. My opinion is no one other than ben williams was responsible for our loss. I hope they either ban him or make him fear us in the future if he comes to ahwaz. I think he has been changed from that game.

Comment

Even if, fadaye saresh.
                  Formerly known as Persianking!
                  Follow me @
                  instagram/iranscout
                  instagram/nariman_iranscout

Comment

Can we move on?

Comment

Dude is young, just made a couple of appearances for TM..give him a break,
                      if anything I applaud his decision to walk up and take that penalty
                      +his shot was very good

Comment

Haghighi was very poor at pk's. there was 4 or 5 penalties where just one save would have resulted in irans next kick being for the win or iran winning. Yet he barely came close on any of them. But its okay our youngsters look very promising where the iraqis are playing in isis league as long as afc doesnt interfere, we will be in the world cup.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ocean View Post
                          Dude is young, just made a couple of appearances for TM..give him a break,
                          if anything I applaud his decision to walk up and take that penalty
                          +his shot was very good
                          Agree, we should not put a finger on a single player. We did NOT lose a football match that day, there were so many things unrelated to football needed to stop us.

However Amiri is not that young anymore, he is 26.

Comment

I'm still impressed with him. He has alot of potential. He can run all day, physical and technical. The first goal was mostly Jahanbakhsh faults IMO for deciding to dribble in such a dangerous area, players already had pressed forward and of course Amiri didnt sprint back to cover by Haj safi. Overall, This is what happens when young players are given playing time in crucial games without having the experience. Amiri had one game prior to that and Jahanbakhsh is still really new. This is why friendlies are so important.

Sweden, Chili and Italy are already confirmed. Hopefully this will help us get back on the map with more teams wanting to play us.

Comment

no need to analyze this painful game anymore. mistakes came from many directions, hard to blame one guy. but CQ did use a number of inexperienced players

Comment

Working...
                              X