BREAKING: Iraq Doping Scandal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by freak View Post
    @minirum I think the only way they can save face is to say that the player and Iraqi FA were never notified because FIFA never officially banned the player. So, even though the player tested positive, he is not officially banned until such a ban is put in effect by the governing body. I can't see any other way out of this for the AFC, assuming that the player was indeed officially banned from participating in any games.
    I'm willing to bet exactly what you've just said will happen....

The afc has essentially broken the Asian Cup. How do you forget to enforce a positive doping test....

Comment

I kinda wish Carlos was in the meeting instead of those clowns
      زن زندگی آزادی

Comment

LMAOo

Comment

TBH, a rematch would be awesome! This would be even more emotional but it's never going to happen

Comment

I don't lol. That guy's gheyrati. He might shove something up somebody's ass before the word go and we'd be done for haha

Originally posted by bozghaleh View Post
            I kinda wish Carlos was in the meeting instead of those clowns

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli8080 View Post
              news is at least spreading internationally. after swedish and korean newspapers picked up, was picked up by afp, put on yahoo and now here on Fox Sports (AU version):
              http://video.news.com.au/v/284522/Ir...er-was-fielded
              i twitwitter yahoo and fox sports

guys, somebody tell nabi and co only two solution we accept in the meeting:

1) winner iran 3:0, case clear
              2) replay tomorrow, tuesday or wednesday in Sydney and NO Ben Williams and suspend abdul zara
              3) move the semifinal 3 days later and final also some days later, it is how it is...this is it...gure peddler some fans which booked flights, 70 million fans here, and xx million iraqis, and koreans, all deserve fair play and good game and asia needs a true and worthful winner
              World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
              sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
              If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
              -

Comment

Sydney Mourning Herald
                January 25 2015
                3:16 pm

Asian Cup organisers scrambled on Sunday to deal with a sensational protest from Iran claiming that Iraq fielded an ineligible player during their stormy quarter-final defeat.

The Asian Football Confederation (AFC) disciplinary committee was considering the complaint against Alaa Abdulzehra, who is alleged to have committed a doping violation last year.

Iraq won Friday's spicy encounter against their neighbours and bitter rivals 7-6 on penalties after Iran were reduced to 10 men and extra time finished with the scores at 3-3.

An AFC official did not confirm whether the disciplinary committee could annul the match or reverse the result in Iran's favour -- an outcome which would put them into the semi-finals.

Midfielder Abdulzehra, 27, now with Iraqi club Al Shorta, is alleged to have failed a doping test while playing for Iranian team Tractor Sazi last year.

Iran's objection centres on its claim that Abdulzehra's contract with Tractor Sazi was terminated after he failed a doping test last August.

But the player told the Iraqi Football Picture Gallery website the allegation was untrue and insisted that his stint at Tractor Sazi ended amicably.

"It's not true -- it's just a way for (Iran) to overturn the loss," he was quoted as saying on the Arabic-language site.

"There is no complaint or suspension against me and I've never made mistakes of this kind in my whole career.

"In addition Al Shorta sent my name on the squad list for the Asian Cup, and there was no word from the AFC concerning such thing."

Word was expected from FIFA about whether it was aware of any doping case, but an AFC spokesman said the final decision on the matter would be made by the regional body.

Whether the AFC will take any action remains unclear. Competition regulations state that any protest about the eligibility of players must be made "no later than five days before the (tournament's) opening match".

Team officials from Iran and Iraq were not immediately available for comment when contacted by AFP.

Recriminations started immediately after the match when Iran coach Carlos Queiroz complained bitterly about Australian referee Ben Williams, who sent off one of his players for simulation.

As the eligibility controversy swirled, Iraq were preparing for Monday's semi-final against South Korea seeking their second Asian Cup title in eight years.

The Iranian team was reportedly still in Australia as it awaits the outcome of its protest.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                  [ATTACH]15594[/ATTACH]

Its a picture of an Iraqi girl on Twitter tweeting "RT if you are Persian so I can block you"

Ki mikhad followet koneh Zan. Shabiye Aghrabi to
                  I am surprised she didnt say Bersian
                  WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Why is giving iran 3-0 a logistical nightmare? Iran plays in semi ... we rather play then not; if any Iraqi fans want to sell their tickets I'll happily take them all

Comment

If iran federation send ahmadinejab to meeting iran wins the veridicts hahaha.

Comment

My impression so far after reading all of what is here in this thread: They are looking for a loophole and any will do for them to not favor Iran's claims. However, it also seems to me that any loophole is going to be a patch up that is going to haunt AFC later. As a result, and since there doesn't seem to be a credible loophole, the decision is going to be in Iran's favor.
                        Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by saeed_noro View Post
                          i twitwitter yahoo and fox sports

guys, somebody tell nabi and co only two solution we accept in the meeting:

1) winner iran 3:0, case clear
                          2) replay tomorrow, tuesday or wednesday in Sydney and NO Ben Williams and suspend abdul zara
                          3) move the semifinal 3 days later and final also some days later, it is how it is...this is it...gure peddler some fans which booked flights, 70 million fans here, and xx million iraqis, and koreans, all deserve fair play and good game and asia needs a true and worthful winner
                          We have no power to accept or reject anything, it's dictated and we must abide.
                          زن زندگی آزادی

Comment

I think Carlos Queiroz and TM players are following the situation on PFDC

Comment

Iran's objection centres on its claim that Abdulzehra's contract with Tractor Sazi was terminated after he failed a doping test last August.

But the player told the Iraqi Football Picture Gallery website the allegation was untrue and insisted that his stint at Tractor Sazi ended amicably.

"It's not true -- it's just a way for (Iran) to overturn the loss," he was quoted as saying on the Arabic-language site.

"There is no complaint or suspension against me and I've never made mistakes of this kind in my whole career.

"In addition Al Shorta sent my name on the squad list for the Asian Cup, and there was no word from the AFC concerning such thing."

Word was expected from FIFA about whether it was aware of any doping case, but an AFC spokesman said the final decision on the matter would be made by the regional body.

Whether the AFC will take any action remains unclear. Competition regulations state that any protest about the eligibility of players must be made "no later than five days before the (tournament's) opening match".

Comment

Wow. A very one-sided column.

Comment

Working...
                                X