No announcement yet.

Iran vs. Iraq Friendly Match Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea I think he has been amazing on the right... Shame we dont have Montazeri to play as CB next to him
    sigpic

Comment

Forget it!
      This team is not anywhere near to Iran A team. If I knew that these kids were playing; I would have never wasted my time to watch. Can't wait for real action. This game is a pre-planned and pre-negotiated 1-1 or 0-0. You wanna bet? How could Nouri or KHALATBARI misses the cup and likes of Ghafouri make it. This is a joke.
      sigpic
      SUPPORT TEAM MELLI
      IRAN
      - IRAN - ONLY IRAN

IRAN OUT OF AFC NOW!

IRAN WILL ROCK IN ASIA AGAIN IF IRI IS OVERTHROWN... MUBARAK, BIN-ALI, NOW IT IS THE TURN FOR SEID ALI

Comment

Soroush seems to fk up alot of passes
        sigpic

Comment

Rezaian made some mistakes in the first minutes but the first match is difficult for every player. Even Messi played shit for Argentina the first time and got even a red card

Comment

Very good half from rafiei and rezaeian, they're hustling non stop and are winning almost all their challenges/drawing fouls.

Azmoun doing well too...could have and should have assisted amiri but he couldn't finish that easy shot inside the box. Amiri should have fed him the ball too instead of taking a weak footed shot. Amiri hasn't looked good at all.

Hope to see a few subs in the second half.
            Team Meli Iran
            Perspolis FC
            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

First half analysis:
              Good high tempo half, 2 big chances so far that we missed. The first was Amiri I think, and the second really should've been finished by Ghafouri but good job on him for following up on the shot to try to put it away. We're fast as fuck on our counter attacks and we can cause some serious damage in the Asian Cup. Just have to keep up the offensive passing game and the high aggressive defensive press. Keep it up boys! Show no mercy!

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

I can see the hype behind Soroush Rafiei. He is an Iranian rare breed - he plays with his head up.

Azmoun with an incredible pass to Amiri (who missed an empty net for 6 yards out).

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
                  To be honest we did a lot better than I anicipated
                  i agree but few players still not playing well, vouri gafori is one, you cant miss a empty goal,and amiri, also karim again not playing that well, he play in europe and cant create a chance for others or himself

Comment

These guys are playing in TM for the first time
                    They have too much nerves that made them miss the %100 goals

Comment

This is still an experimental squad. CQ is holding back his top guns for the real show!

Comment

Because Ghafouri is a great player?
                        sigpic

Comment

Azmoun guys azmoun he is pulling of ali karimi dribbles!

Comment

My 2c before I go back and read other comments:

Too many careless back/side passes in the defense.
                            No central midfield
                            two good attacks (~20 and 41) that could/should have been at least one goal.
                            One good Iraqi attack that was wrongly called offside that could have been a goal.
                            Much too rough playing (both teams)
                            Weird to see Ansarifard as captain - wasn't too thrilled to see that, but he did step up at least once rightfully complaining about a stupid call
                            Beravand looks promising
                            Irib had the sides reversed / audience sound too low and talked over the anthems...
                            That said, I'm glad to finally see some new people and am particularly glad to see Azmoun and Beiravand in action
                            Let's see what the second half brings...

Comment

Very impressed with an experimental side displaying grit, graft, pace and intelligent play

To those CQ bashers, go and thank god we have such an experienced coach. He pushed so much for Rafie and Pouladi- You can see why- The types of Rafie can be our future captain

Rezaeian did ok, understandably a nervy performance but overall passed for me

Azmoon needs to time his challenges better- Not convinced as him as a Lone Striker?

Friendly - What friendly what a fierce battle
                              sigpic
                              Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

come on guys, this is our first friendly and these players need to get some playing time. I'd rather see all young players make mistake than old farts who didn't do jack shit in WC. Just relax and trust in our young squads.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X