Does Shojaei belong to TM, and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PayamPersia View Post
    Torrabi, Sorosh, Ando, Omid Ebrahimi and at least even Khalatbari!
    Payam jaan, I doubt you truly watch PGL closely

Comment

The best playmakers of the league are Soroush Rafiee and Mohsen Mosalman - however we need more than a playmaker, we need a leader. Shojaei looks to be one of those players blooming at late age - at least at TM level. If he can keep up what we saw vs. Uzbekistan, no doubt he should stay! I truly loved that he was giving introductions, since Nekounam's retirement this is the first time I see someone doing that.
      Formerly known as Persianking!
      Follow me @
      instagram/iranscout
      instagram/nariman_iranscout

Comment

Yeah he gives introductions but at the same time he makes stupid errors. ( fouls near the box, dribbles effort less, gives wrong passes in our own half)

Comment

I dont follow pgl so i cant comment on mosalman or soroosh but

Originally posted by Persianking View Post
          The best playmakers of the league are Soroush Rafiee and Mohsen Mosalman - however we need more than a playmaker, we need a leader. Shojaei looks to be one of those players blooming at late age - at least at TM level. If he can keep up what we saw vs. Uzbekistan, no doubt he should stay! I truly loved that he was giving introductions, since Nekounam's retirement this is the first time I see someone doing that.
          Shojaei has been part of tm for 10 yrs. if he wasnt tm material he wouldnt last this long. He is by far our best playmaker atm. Our only goal was from his beautiful cross from a set piece. He is also our best for set pieces. He created two great chances against china that azmoun and jb squandered. Madood isnt perfect. He gives away possession during our attacks sometimes but so did javad but no one woukd bash our former captain. He also loses his cool sometimes and fouls unnecessarily. But he is key to our attack especially with ashkan injured. We need to use our chances and convert unfortunately we have a finishing problem. We dont have a nekoo or bagheri or karimi to score from midfield. Gucci and sardar need help. I thought amiri did really well but taremi was invisible besides two key take aways he was invisible. I loved ezatolkahi and pour ali ganji this game.
          Ben williams was good overall but geynrikh should have been tossed for elbowing beiranvand. They missed that call.

Comment

shojayi is doing well in greece, and doing well in tm , smart move to go greece

Comment

shojaei is a key player for TM. I love him as a player on our team, he always gives everything hes got.

Comment

Originally posted by babak_iran View Post
                shojaei is a key player for TM. I love him as a player on our team, he always gives everything hes got.
                Absolute polar opposite...
                He always gives less than any other player. At the world cup he drove us crazy, I've seen him live 12 times now and each time I want to pull my hair out. Just walks like it is a sunday stroll every single match. Doesn't chase the ball and destroys the shape of the team.
                Having said this he is playing very well for his club side so I really hope he can bring this into TM long-term.

Comment

I used to hate the fact that he would slow the pace of an attack or counter down with needless dribbles or going into dead space with the ball. Give aways aside since every player turns the ball over from time to time, I just felt he either lacked pace, stamina, or motivation...or some combo of all that. Since his move to Greece he seems to have found another gear...so perhaps he can be the player I believe he is capable of. I donno about after 2018 though. We may need to start thinking options for after then if not before.

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk
                  Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Iranian football fans are such nice people. They can be pleased with the slightest of deeds.

Akheh amoo, before suddenly reversing or making a judgment, at leat allow for enough evidence to gather.
                    Granted, he wasn't as poor as he usually is in Tashkent. He did have a few good moves. But he also gave the ball away. But I'm willing to notch this one as a good game under his belt.

However, ba yek gol Bahar nemisheh. You need more than sporadic single good game in between fistfuls of horrible games.
                    Let his continue to perform well in another 4-5 games and I'll be the first to admit.

Remember, he's now taking up the place of players like Rafiei, who unlike him, will be of the right age for the Russia WC

Comment

I think Hajsafi in the midfield makes Shojaei look better than he is. He covers ground Shojaei doesnt. Shojaei is too slow to pressure the ball as a CAM.

We need a CAM that starts counters with runs. That way CQ will be satisfied that Ando/Ezz stay back we have an attacking four.

Shojaei is useful at times and I hope he is thru the time CQ uses him. I dont think he should start going into Russia though. If we qualify a young team will have higher energy and have more clubs picking them up.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                        Iranian football fans are such nice people. They can be pleased with the slightest of deeds.

Akheh amoo, before suddenly reversing or making a judgment, at leat allow for enough evidence to gather.
                        Granted, he wasn't as poor as he usually is in Tashkent. He did have a few good moves. But he also gave the ball away. But I'm willing to notch this one as a good game under his belt.

However, ba yek gol Bahar nemisheh. You need more than sporadic single good game in between fistfuls of horrible games.
                        Let his continue to perform well in another 4-5 games and I'll be the first to admit.

Remember, he's now taking up the place of players like Rafiei, who unlike him, will be of the right age for the Russia WC
                        Good to see Doctor Doom again. Throughout he years we've always thought on the same wavelength (not that it isn't unhealthy to have a disagreement every now and again).

Comment

I don't understand that people say Shojaei does not belong to TM, when he continuous has been part of the squad under different managers since 2004. There is not a single midfielder in Asia currently who has 100 La Liga games under his belt like Shojaei does. Any top Asian team like Australia, Korea or Japan would be happy to have Shojaei in the squad. That fact alone makes him the 1st option for the attacking midfielder role. He has the European top level experience, pedigree and quality. He also seems to have leadership skills, in the game vs. Uzbekistan he communicated in a very professional matter with Ben Williams in a way that it would benefit us.

Comment

Gozineye sakhtie, be nazar man bodan ya nabodane Masoud dar tarkibe aslie TM bastegi be harif daare.

Ba harifhaaye kamsor'at manande Ozbakestan mitone dar tarkibe asli baashe,

amma shayad ba yek teame porsor'ati manande Kore behtare Gucci ye kam payintar az Azmoun baazi bedim chon niyaaz daarim feshaar biyaarim roye harif va dar zemn roye zedde hamle kaar konim.
                            DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post

You also must remember consistency is not an Iranian player's strength. Sometimes consistency is also masked in statistics...like Azmoun being such a prolific goal scorer...I always maintained too many of his goals came in friendlies...let's wait and assess. But to be fair, Shojaie has brought some added spring in his steps...yes he still gives the ball away as I eluded earlier but his game has improved in recent matches. Do I think he can or should be first choice in WC...certainly not unless by some miracle he continues the current trend, which is doubtful as consistency befudles tm players.

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk
                              Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

To be honest, I never for one second doubted shojaei's positive impact on the team.

I have a feeling a lot of us just didn't like his style of play and would simply get aggravated by his calm, measured approach. Sure he doesn't fly up the field with blistering speed but he is amazing with the ball at his feet, he can hold possession for us better than anyone else (which is something we need in a system where we do not end up with much possession in many games), not to mention how great he is at shooting and passing.

The qualities he has are actually a huge bonus for us in a defensive system that we have to play.

It's no wonder why he's always been selected and has started the most important matches, while also managing to stay in Europe and actually wanted by clubs out there.

As fans, some of us may not be able to see his impact as easily but European coaches, who can see the tactical side of the game are obviously seeing his worth.

Comment

Working...
                                X