No announcement yet.

Why CQ is the best coach we have ever had, or ever will have

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some people talk about Iran team melli like it's Italy, England or Germany. Wake the F up for god sake. it wasn't a long time ago that we used to lose to teams like Bahrain 3-1 and every WC campaign that I can remember was ba ama o agar gholvalah to qualify. Now we are complaining that the team is defensive and our expectation is to beat teams like Spain and Portugal. I see CQ has raised your expectations at least give him that he can only work with the talent he has in his hands. He has over 7 years with all the difficulties within the country and lack of profoessionalisim has built a cohesive and professional team. Please come down to earth and support your team, players and the coach. It won't be long to miss him at the helm of Team Melli. For once lets not be zendeh kosh and mordeh parast. Good luck to Team Melli, Players and the coach.

Comment

I am glad that you brought that subject.
      Iranian football in general is based on delicate technics and creating lots of exiting opportunities by having plenty of attacking moments during a football game.
      Before the appointment of CQ in 2011, we have never had any coach in charge of our National team who has been so defensive minded. Heshmat Mohajerani, Jalal Talebi, nor Branko Ivankovich were never as defensive minded as CQ is during their time in the previous world cups. And that is because, they recognized that with the talent that they have available, with each attack that the opponent creates on our goal, we can create an equal attack on the opposite goal.
      Games against Peru in 1978, against Yugoslavia in 98 and against Mexico in 06 are proves that Iran is capable of playing a beautiful fluid football on the world stage.
      Now, I do support CQ and I do believe that if he manages to get us out of the group B, he will indeed become the best and the most influential head coach that we have ever had in charge of our national team despite his conservative tactics.

Comment

Agree that CQ is the best we can ever have.

As loyal fans, we should have the right to criticise any coach. And it is certainly a healthy practice to critique decisions.

But in my opinion the balance of CQ is that the good he has done for TM now and in the long-term completely outweighs the disagreements I have with him.

Comment

Well said, I couldn't agree with you more.

Comment

I think there’s a big difference in style between the Iran side in 2014 and that now.

Irandoust jan - I shared your concerns about CQ in 2014. I was in Brazil and apart from an incredibly efficient counter attacking performance against Argentina it wasn’t much fun to be sat in the stadiums watching that football. It depends obviously on your outlook on life but as a purist I would also generally rather our creative attacking technique gained us plaudits and glory in defeat rather than winning games the Greece 2004 way.

But as with everything in life there needs to be a balance. For me, so long as there is long term progression and a goal to improve both results and style I’m alright with building from a defensive base. Given the players available and lack of top level coaching this was the only way to go for CQ.

Plus, he has proved that there has been a long term goal. He’s brought through younger players, there’s a distinct style and patterns of play now and the balance of the squad this time is far more attacking and talented. Even though we lost, the football we played against Turkey was light years away from either the Bosnia or Nigeria performances when our midfield could not string 3 passes together. Those who claim otherwise either haven’t been watching us long or haven’t been watching football in general too long!

I’m not in agreement with all he does and also think it ridiculous that some on here think he is beyond criticism but we have to acknowledge that even when results don’t go our way the progression of this squad of players has been impressive.

We will miss CQ when he goes. Personally I think he will stay one more year - even if for personal reasons he’s ready to move back to Portugal surely his ultimate goal has to have been building to win this upcoming Asian Cup. I would be extremely surprised if he didn’t give us one more year and even if he doesn’t I think the foundations he’s built will give another coach a great opportunity to bring home that cup.

Comment

If TM performs well in the WC, I am sure he will stay. If we qualify for the knockout stage from this darn difficult group, no doubt, he will stay.

If he stays and Iran gets to the final of AC2019 and hopefully wins it, I am sure he will stay until WC2022. There is noway IFF will let him go.
              sigpic

Zendeh bad IRAN
              >-----------------<
              Marg bar dictator
              >-----------------<

Comment

Zereshk-ali jan, there is no way for me to bring any argument to your response to my original comment because it is filled with logic. I mean what can I say? You are right on the spot regarding what CQ has introduced and done to our football since 2011.
                You and me, along with the majority members of the PFDC will fully be behind our beloved team Meli led by the one and only Carlos Querioz during the extremely stressful but at the same time exciting 3 and hopefully more games that awaits us in 2018 Russia.

Comment

Originally posted by shahname View Post
                  If TM performs well in the WC, I am sure he will stay. If we qualify for the knockout stage from this darn difficult group, no doubt, he will stay.

If he stays and Iran gets to the final of AC2019 and hopefully wins it, I am sure he will stay until WC2022. There is noway IFF will let him go.
                  If he advances and he wins the Asian Cup, he will be a gem in our rich history.

Comment

Working...
                  X