Why CQ is the best coach we have ever had, or ever will have

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why CQ is the best coach we have ever had, or ever will have

that I have never seen before. A lot of players were close to crying or were crying because he worked so hard All of the players were happy to work with him

I like CQ, but i'm waiting to see what happens in the AC.

I didn't expect us to get a single point at the WC. But the AC is different. This will be his mark on Iranian football.

So instead of all this arguing over CQ, let's just wait and see what happens. There are too many unknowns for us to judge him now.

Players may like him, which is great, but i'm waiting to see what he does with our players.
    راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

Quote from Masoud Shojaei, a player who was benched by CQ in the world cup, minutes after Iran lost to Argentina in the world cup:

"Iran should make Carlos a statue"

Correction: "Masoud Shojaei should make Carlos a statue & pray to it"

Comment

Best is a very personal statement based on a lot of different variables. Basically no one will be able to agree on it.

The reality is CQ is the most experienced coach TM has ever had. Coaching in Manchester United, Portugal and variety of other clubs make him the most experienced.

Comment

Originally posted by rugs View Post
          I like CQ, but i'm waiting to see what happens in the AC.
          I didn't expect us to get a single point at the WC. But the AC is different. This will be his mark on Iranian football.
          So instead of all this arguing over CQ, let's just wait and see what happens. There are too many unknowns for us to judge him now.
          Players may like him, which is great, but i'm waiting to see what he does with our players.
          In this world cup we got our first clean sheet and it was for the first time we had a chance to advance even on the final matchday!
          We won the respect of the world by stunning the world cup finalist with an amazing display of gheirat.

That is enough for me, I dont need the Asian Cup to prove anything. Proud of our boys!
          Carlos Queiroz behaved very "nationalistic" and stood behind the players, just like in the WCQ!

Comment

Originally posted by kia View Post
            Quote from Masoud Shojaei, a player who was benched by CQ in the world cup, minutes after Iran lost to Argentina in the world cup:

"Iran should make Carlos a statue"

Correction: "Masoud Shojaei should make Carlos a statue & pray to it"
            So he should also pray at the altar of Branko, Ghalenoi, Daei, and Ghotbi, right? Because he has consistently started under every coach since 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by ramingeles2000 View Post
              So he should also pray at the altar of Branko, Ghalenoi, Daei, and Ghotbi, right? Because he has consistently started under every coach since 2006.
              Back then he wasn't too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Cataphract View Post
                In this world cup we got our first clean sheet and it was for the first time we had a chance to advance even on the final matchday!
                We won the respect of the world by stunning the world cup finalist with an amazing display of gheirat.
                That is enough for me, I dont need the Asian Cup to prove anything. Proud of our boys!
                Carlos Queiroz behaved very "nationalistic" and stood behind the players, just like in the WCQ!

You missed the point.

I had zero expectations from TM during the WC.

I have expectations of TM in the AC.

Comment

I also think we should wait and see what happens in Australia. We could't really afford to have expectaitions for Brazil, but playing against Asian teams, it's another story. And also wait and see if he can qualify us for another world cup, with so many of the players probably retiring from TM, and how the team performs with new younger ones, unexperienced at senior national team.

Comment

I had medium expectations for TM in the WC and as far as I'm concerned CQ didn't fully deliver - although it wasn't a disastrous showing either. But either way, I didn't like his comments after the Bosnia game and constantly putting Iran and TM players down - at all.

By making those public comments (and who knows what else in private) I think he has really screwed up the confidence and psyche of players who've played for him and I don't think the fact that almost every TM player's career has nose dived after, is just a coincidence. When you have a coach of CQ's caliber, constantly telling you that you're shit, maybe you start thinking playing in Kuwait or relegation zone Qatar is all you're capable of.

I also don't understand TM's preparation plans for the Asian Cup at all and I'm not one of those TM fans who gradually lower their expectations because someone is telling me to, until I'm just happy with TM beating Kenya or Palestine. My expectations for the Asian Cup are high - if CQ can not take the team any further than the quarterfinals, then he's not a better coach for TM than the last 3 coaches that we had in the Asian Cup, regardless of what he has on his resume.

And please don't come back with the argument that he needs time to build the team. He has already had 3-1/2 years with the team and is the longest serving TM coach in the past 20 years and the 2nd longest since the 60's!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
                      I had medium expectations for TM in the WC and as far as I'm concerned CQ didn't fully deliver - although it wasn't a disastrous showing either. But either way, I didn't like his comments after the Bosnia game and constantly putting Iran and TM players down - at all.

By making those public comments (and who knows what else in private) I think he has really screwed up the confidence and psyche of players who've played for him and I don't think the fact that almost every TM player's career has nose dived after, is just a coincidence. When you have a coach of CQ's caliber, constantly telling you that you're shit, maybe you start thinking playing in Kuwait or relegation zone Qatar is all you're capable of.

I also don't understand TM's preparation plans for the Asian Cup at all and I'm not one of those TM fans who gradually lower their expectations because someone is telling me to, until I'm just happy with TM beating Kenya or Palestine. My expectations for the Asian Cup are high - if CQ can not take the team any further than the quarterfinals, then he's not a better coach for TM than the last 3 coaches that we had in the Asian Cup, regardless of what he has on his resume.

And please don't come back with the argument that he needs time to build the team. He has already had 3-1/2 years with the team and is the longest serving TM coach in the past 20 years and the 2nd longest since the 60's!!!
                      That's seems a bit low. I personally expect us to make it to the final at a minimum.

The only team I would accept losing too would be Japan and we shouldn't see them until the final if all goes according to expectations.

Comment

That's seems a bit low. I personally expect us to make it to the final at a minimum.

The only team I would accept losing too would be Japan and we shouldn't see them until the final if all goes according to expectations.
                        thats not a very rational expectation considering Iran hasent made the final since 1976. Most of our players play in second division european teams or arab teams. A semi final expectation could be reasonable because of the path given but expecting at a minimum the final is a little far fetched.

Comment

Originally posted by ali alipour View Post
                          thats not a very rational expectation considering Iran hasent made the final since 1976. Most of our players play in second division european teams or arab teams. A semi final expectation could be reasonable because of the path given but expecting at a minimum the final is a little far fetched.
                          There is more to football than just players. They are just one of the variables.

To me CQ is the best manager we had. Given his experience and knowledge, the training the players have undergone, team unity, confidence, discipline, etc... I expect us to reach the finals.

If our manager was an inexperienced manager like our previous ones, I would agree with you. Although I should say I liked Branko and believe we were robbed when he was our manager.

Comment

There is more to football than just players. They are just one of the variables.

To me CQ is the best manager we had. Given his experience and knowledge, the training the players have undergone, team unity, confidence, discipline, etc... I expect us to reach the finals.

If our manager was an inexperienced manager like our previous ones, I would agree with you. Although I should say I liked Branko and believe we were robbed when he was our manager.
                            But players are more important than the manager. You put Ali Daei as head coach of Germany im sure he would still be able to do good things. Where as you put Jose Mourinho as coach of Palestine I dont think he would be able to do anything.

Comment

Right on the money doosteh aziz!
                              sigpicVIVA K8RIMI

Comment

Working...
                              X