X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
    CQ's newest Facebook post

Dear friends,

This Friday we reach exactly five years since I came to Iran. I remember signing the contract on the Sports Minister's office, something unprecedented in my career. It was an honour.

In these five years we have made 61 international matches, with 34 wins, 19 draws and 8 defeats. When I arrived Iran was 4th in Asia FIFA Ranking, but in the last 3,5 years we have come to meet the objective of being number 1. It is in this position that we face Russia 2018 World Cup final qualifying stage draw, on the April 12 in Kuala Lumpur.

On the 1st August 2014 I signed a new contract with Iran National Team, until July 2018. In the same month I prepared and presented our National Team Plan. In the first page we could read as Mission Statement:

1 – Russia 2018 World Cup second round stage.
    2 – One National Team, united and focused.
    3 – One consistent and ambitious World Cup preparation.
    4 – One National Team Technical Department.
    5 – One Training Football Pitch.
    6 – One Performance Training Centre.
    7 – One National Team Culture and Mentality.

This National Team Plan was presented and delivered almost 2 years ago, in August 2014. There are only two things in life that never come back: time and the words you say.

Thank you all who have supported us and Team Melli over these years.

CQ

https://www.facebook.com/carlosqueir...type=3&theater
    I don't understand why the people in the comments are begging him to stay. Where in this post does it say that he's leaving?

Comment

CQ said he doesn't have a FB page.
      I remember there was another post from the same page which was denied by him in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
        I guess I don't know what Iranian girls look like now a days. Probably means I am growing old.
        no not at all. It's just that there are many who are light skin and have those features. I'm one of those people myself and it just gets annoying when other Iranians get surprised when I say I'm also Iranian. The beauty of Iran is that there is a wide array of colors and people who live and call themselves Iranian😃

Comment

Originally posted by persepolisfan View Post
          no not at all. It's just that there are many who are light skin and have those features. I'm one of those people myself and it just gets annoying when other Iranians get surprised when I say I'm also Iranian. The beauty of Iran is that there is a wide array of colors and people who live and call themselves Iranian😃
          I am light skinned myself and a lot of people don't assume I am Iranian. Iranians are considered white, and I didn't assume that if you are Iranian, one would have a dark complexion. From that one picture posted on this thread, and the facial features that I can see, such as nose and lips, I thought she was European or something. But of course a plastic surgery is common in Iran so I don't know what to expect.

Comment

Hey fellas,

I don't think CQ is going anywhere for several reasons. The guy has worked his butt off putting together a team and bringing in a bunch of youngsters who are just starting to gel. There's no way he'll let somebody else take over until his project comes to fruition.

But more importantly, with 5-6 months to go until the first WCQ, I don't see anybody (Iranian) taking over this team because doing so would effectively turn them into public enemy #1. Could you imagine the backlash after a draw or loss? Vatani coaches are wimps who care more about their reputation than anything else. I just don't see it happening.

I also think, and I'm speculating here, that Taj will become the next head of IFF, and that is potentially a good thing. He has a good relationship with CQ and is one of the more sensible people inside the federation.

Just my two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by freak View Post
              Hey fellas,

I don't think CQ is going anywhere for several reasons. The guy has worked his butt off putting together a team and bringing in a bunch of youngsters who are just starting to gel. There's no way he'll let somebody else take over until his project comes to fruition.

But more importantly, with 5-6 months to go until the first WCQ, I don't see anybody (Iranian) taking over this team because doing so would effectively turn them into public enemy #1. Could you imagine the backlash after a draw or loss? Vatani coaches are wimps who care more about their reputation than anything else. I just don't see it happening.

I also think, and I'm speculating here, that Taj will become the next head of IFF, and that is potentially a good thing. He has a good relationship with CQ and is one of the more sensible people inside the federation.

Just my two cents.
              Taj is fan of having foreign coaches for senior Iran national football team. He tried to replace Ghotbi with a good foreign coach right after his WCQ failure. He even negotiated with Erikson and Terim at that time. As you said he has a good relationship with CQ. Compare to other candidates, he is the best and hopefully he wins the election.

Comment

Taj would be great if he gets elected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Confirmed by the Croatian federation

Croatia Football Federation agreed final two senior national team friendly matches ahead of the UEFA EURO 2016.

For the first time in history, Croatia senior national football team will play in the city of Koprivnica, at the end of May against Iran.
                  Furthermore, the final Croatia's warm-up before the departure for UEFA EURO 2016 in France will be played at Rujevica Stadium in Rijeka, against San Marino.
                  In France, Croatia will face Turkey (Paris, 12 June), Czech Republic (Saint-Etienne, 17 June), and Spain (Bordeaux, 21 June).
                  http://hns-cff.hr/en/news/13200/croa...up-friendlies/

Comment

CQ's newest Facebook post
                    Dear friends,
                    This Friday we reach exactly five years since I came to Iran. I remember signing the contract on the Sports Minister's office, something unprecedented in my career. It was an honour.
                    In these five years we have made 61 international matches, with 34 wins, 19 draws and 8 defeats. When I arrived Iran was 4th in Asia FIFA Ranking, but in the last 3,5 years we have come to meet the objective of being number 1. It is in this position that we face Russia 2018 World Cup final qualifying stage draw, on the April 12 in Kuala Lumpur.
                    On the 1st August 2014 I signed a new contract with Iran National Team, until July 2018. In the same month I prepared and presented our National Team Plan. In the first page we could read as Mission Statement:
                    1 – Russia 2018 World Cup second round stage.
                    2 – One National Team, united and focused.
                    3 – One consistent and ambitious World Cup preparation.
                    4 – One National Team Technical Department.
                    5 – One Training Football Pitch.
                    6 – One Performance Training Centre.
                    7 – One National Team Culture and Mentality.
                    This National Team Plan was presented and delivered almost 2 years ago, in August 2014. There are only two things in life that never come back: time and the words you say.
                    Thank you all who have supported us and Team Melli over these years.
                    CQ

https://www.facebook.com/carlosqueir...type=3&theater
                    FOR THE LOVE OF CQ THE MAN DOESN'T HAVE A FACEBOOK PAGE! I DON'T UNDERSTAND THESE PEOPLE THAT GO AND PUT COMMENTS UNDER THIS PAGE. SOME 23 YEAR OLD IS PROBABLY LAUGHING HIS ASS OFF

Comment

Queiroz wants a third friendly. According to Fars News, Belarus will be our third opponent.

http://90tv.ir/news/232732/%DA%A9%DB...F-%D8%B4%D8%AF

Comment

Queiroz wants a third friendly. According to Fars News, Belarus will be our third opponent.

Are we still playing Macedonia and is it in Iran or away from home?

Comment

Originally posted by pres80 View Post
                          We play Macedonia on June 2nd in Skopije.

Comment

Originally posted by pres80 View Post
                            According to FIFA it is still on in Macedonia

http://de.fifa.com/world-match-centr...hes/index.html

Comment

Didn't the 3 friendlies get confirmed as Norway, Macedonia and Croatia??

Belarus would be a fourth, no?

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Alborz View Post
                                Didn't the 3 friendlies get confirmed as Norway, Macedonia and Croatia??

Belarus would be a fourth, no?
                                Norway game fell through

Comment

Working...
                                X